Windows 10: How to fix a freeze at 48% or a black screen while updating?

Discus and support How to fix a freeze at 48% or a black screen while updating? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying a lot of things and the issue has been with me for over a year now but now i really need to fix it.I have Microsoft Windows version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eryk IFFI, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Eryk IFFI Win User

How to fix a freeze at 48% or a black screen while updating?

I have been trying a lot of things and the issue has been with me for over a year now but now i really need to fix it.I have Microsoft Windows version 1903 and when i try to update to the 22h2 when it hits 48% it completely freezes. Also if i try to update to a version 2004 at least, then while updating i get a black screen and nothing then happens further. It for sure wasn't a restart black screen because i once waited for a whole day and nothing has changed. I've tried a lot of things but none seem to work. Things that i recall trying: - Recovering and fully resetting my pc. - Trou

:)

Eryk IFFI, Feb 22, 2024
  2. FreeBooter, Feb 22, 2024
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Black Screen, Screen Flickers, Random Freezes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to update the Display drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    Refer the link below and check if it helps

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Feb 22, 2024
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

1. How to fix a freeze at 48% or a black screen while updating? - Similar Threads - fix freeze 48%

2. How to fix a freeze at 48% or a black screen while updating?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix a freeze at 48% or a black screen while updating?: I have been trying a lot of things and the issue has been with me for over a year now but now i really need to fix it.I have Microsoft Windows version 1903 and when i try to update to the 22h2 when it hits 48% it completely freezes. Also if i try to update to a version 2004...
  3. How to fix a freeze at 48% or a black screen while updating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix a freeze at 48% or a black screen while updating?: I have been trying a lot of things and the issue has been with me for over a year now but now i really need to fix it.I have Microsoft Windows version 1903 and when i try to update to the 22h2 when it hits 48% it completely freezes. Also if i try to update to a version 2004...
  4. How to fix black screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix black screen?: Black screen appears when I want to look for documents in File Explorer. I can fix this temporarily going on Task Manager and looking for explorer.exe. but doesn't resolve the problem from recurring. Have also tried running sfc /scannow from command prompt without solving the...
  5. How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update?

How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update?: My computer is updating and the black screen with spinning dots happened multiple times so I cannot update it. It was black screen with spinning dots before, in other words, it's loading, but after my computer went on stand by mode, it went like this. Please help, I cannot...
  6. How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update?: My computer is updating and the black screen with spinning dots happened multiple times so I cannot update it. It was black screen with spinning dots before, in other words, it's loading, but after my computer went on stand by mode, it went like this. Please help, I cannot...
  7. How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Update freezes at 48%

Windows 10 Update freezes at 48%: Hello all:I have been dealing with this for months and trying to follow various forums on this issue, but none of it actually works. So I thought i should start with a fresh post in which i can provide information about my specific system to folks. For months my computer...
  9. Windows 10 update freezes at 48%

Windows 10 update freezes at 48%: A popup says that support for the currently installed version of Windows 10 on my laptop will loose support in November and that I need to reboot my machine to upgrade to a new version. I have tried to do this several times and each time it freezes at 48%. I am finding that...
  10. Black screen while updating

Black screen while updating: I have Windows 10. It happens that the PC starts updating automatically; screen in blue background and messages of "do not turn off equipment, 30% completed etc" For some reason, the process is not completed and I am left with the screen in black, rather lightly illuminated....