Windows 10: How to fix duplicate iTunes shortcut on Taskbar?

Discus and support How to fix duplicate iTunes shortcut on Taskbar? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I pin iTunes shortcut to task bar and then launch iTunes, it shows two iTunes icons in task bar. How do I go about fixing this? 22774 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vram, Sep 15, 2015.

1. vram Win User

How to fix duplicate iTunes shortcut on Taskbar?

If I pin iTunes shortcut to task bar and then launch iTunes, it shows two iTunes icons in task bar. How do I go about fixing this?

:)

2. Duplicate taskbar icons

Windows 10 Final Build 10240. ( Not Insider. )

I am having a really annoying problem with the taskbar where the iTunes shortcut tends to duplicate when i pin it to the taskbar , this never happened before, not in Windows 7 or Windows 8 , 8.1..... is there a way to stop Windows from duplicating pinned
    icons, and this problem affects the iTunes icon ONLY , Latest iTunes (version 12.2.2.25.), Windows is up to date.

Thanks...........

Mustafa Amr, Sep 15, 2015
  3. I have duplicated files in itunes, exactly the same piece of music but in two different locations.

Hi,

For us to effectively assist you, kindly provide us the following information below:

• Does this only happen when you are using iTunes?
    • Are the music files being duplicated when you try to import songs?
    • Have you tried to delete one of the songs and see if it will be affecting the other file of the same title?

Meanwhile, if the duplication process is being triggered by the application. It would be best to contact iTunes support to have them explained the process on why the files are being duplicated.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Sep 15, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

That problem occurred for me after updating to ITunes 12.2. ITunes 12.3 was just released and solved the problem for me. No more duplicate iTunes icon.*Biggrin

JohnC, Sep 16, 2015
  5. vram Win User
    iTunes 12.3 fixed the problem. Thanks *Smile

vram, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to fix duplicate iTunes shortcut on Taskbar? - Similar Threads - fix duplicate iTunes

2. Pinned Taskbar Duplicates - My Fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned Taskbar Duplicates - My Fix: Hey everyone,Wanted to share a quick fix to duplicate pinned apps in the taskbar.User Story: One day, I was playing some games. I have multiple monitors and had a game on one screen and some class work on another. I love to use Quizlet, so I used the "Install App" function on...
  3. Pinned Taskbar Duplicates - My Fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinned Taskbar Duplicates - My Fix: Hey everyone,Wanted to share a quick fix to duplicate pinned apps in the taskbar.User Story: One day, I was playing some games. I have multiple monitors and had a game on one screen and some class work on another. I love to use Quizlet, so I used the "Install App" function on...
  4. Itune downloading issues, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Itune downloading issues, how to fix?: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: iTunes.exe Application Version: 12.4.3.1 Application Timestamp: 5797bdd3 Fault Module Name: CoreAudioToolbox.dll Fault Module Version: 7.10.6.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 577c074b Exception Code: c000001d...
  5. Itune downloading issues, how to fix?

Itune downloading issues, how to fix?: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: iTunes.exe Application Version: 12.4.3.1 Application Timestamp: 5797bdd3 Fault Module Name: CoreAudioToolbox.dll Fault Module Version: 7.10.6.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 577c074b Exception Code: c000001d...
  6. iTunes on taskbar only

in Windows 10 Customization
    iTunes on taskbar only: Hello, Until two weeks ago my iTunes was running fine. I kept it in maximum view so I could see song titles and other information. However, now it is a mini player on my taskbar only and I've been unable to restore it to normal. This mini player is too small and I can't...
  7. Finally Fixed iTunes

Finally Fixed iTunes: After months of problems with iTunes (had to completely remove iTunes and all supporting software and reinstall to update, couldn’t sync or backup devices, backups kept disappearing) I finally found something that at has, least for now, solved the problems. I installed the...
  8. How to Extend Taskbar, not Duplicate?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Extend Taskbar, not Duplicate?: I would like to know if there is an option in Windows 10 that allows me to extend the taskbar (not duplicate it) on multiple displays, in order to have the Windows button on the far left of my first monitor, the clock on the far right of my last monitor, and one looooong...
  9. Taskbar creating duplicate of iTunes icon when I open it

Taskbar creating duplicate of iTunes icon when I open it: I have the latest version of iTunes pinned to my taskbar and whenever I open iTunes, it creates a new icon next to it. I have had this problem recently on Windows 7, however I fixed it by pinning the 'open' iTunes icon to the taskbar and unpinning the 'closed' one. I...
  10. "Duplicate" shortcuts on the taskbar get deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    "Duplicate" shortcuts on the taskbar get deleted: I have a weirdly specific but (to me) very annoying problem. I have two shortcuts to Chrome on my Taskbar, or at least I used to. The first is the default shortcut. The second opens up a specific page in Incognito mode using some command line stuff. I use it about 10 times...