Windows 10: How To Fix Empty&Useles Tile From Windows 10 Start Menu

Discus and support How To Fix Empty&Useles Tile From Windows 10 Start Menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As you can understand from the title: I have a problem which is about the Windows 10 Start Menu. Here is a screenshot: [img] After last Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by burakyak, Nov 6, 2016.

1. burakyak Win User

How To Fix Empty&Useles Tile From Windows 10 Start Menu

As you can understand from the title: I have a problem which is about the Windows 10 Start Menu.
    Here is a screenshot:

How To Fix Empty&Useles Tile From Windows 10 Start Menu [​IMG]

After last Windows 10 Update (It updated 07.11.16), when I was adjusting the start menu, I removed Google Chrome shortcut and I added my custom Google Chrome. Some time later an empty shortcut tile appeared. I just clicked to remove the tile and nothing happens. If I click the tile nothing happens again.
    But it isn't the real Google Chrome because I uninstalled the chrome, checked it and it's still there. I have tried many things: reload explorer.exe, rebuild icon cache by cmd, rebuild by power shells specific codes, hold and drag to trash bin... and more. I have tried whatever I found on the web. But nothing worked. I think there is a bug or something like that. Please help me.

:)

burakyak, Nov 6, 2016
  2. Susan Bradley - volunteer here not a MS employee, Nov 6, 2016
  3. Changing the name of a Tile on the Start page?

You can create Custom Tiles.

How to create custom Start menu Tiles in Windows 10 using TileCreator

https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-custo...

How to Add, Remove, and Customize Tiles on the Windows 10 Start Menu

https://www.howtogeek.com/223254/how-to-add-rem...

And

"Edit Name & Icon of Start Menu Tiles

Don’t like the name of a given tile in your Start Menu? Right-click the tile, select Open file location, then rename the respective file in Windows Explorer. While you’re at it, you can also change the icon used for the tile. In Windows Explorer, right click
    the file, select Properties, in the Shortcut tab click Change Icon…, and select a given icon or Browse… for an alternative one on your computer."

Is a quote from:

6 Way to Hack & Customize the Windows 10 Start Menu

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/6-ways-hack-custo...

Hope those help.

SpiritX MS MVP, Nov 6, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Nov 6, 2016
  5. Bree New Member
    Bree, Nov 6, 2016
  6. burakyak Win User
    I have tried going to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and looking for the shortcut. But there was no unexpected shortcut. Finally, I went to C:\Users\Burak Yak\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and find an empty Chrome folder. I deleted the folder and now it's gone.

Thank you so much for your help Cliff.

burakyak, Nov 7, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    You're very welcome*Smile I'm glad it was only that.

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How To Fix Empty&Useles Tile From Windows 10 Start Menu - Similar Threads - Fix Empty&Useles Tile

2. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles: I have just had a Windows 10 Update 1st May 2021 and my People App tile has disappeared from the Start screen. It is not even listed in the alphabetical list of Apps. But I can still access People from the email account and the Calendar App. Is there any way I can get the...
  3. Unpin tiles from Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unpin tiles from Start menu: Hi, I have a question How can I unpin all tiles from the Start Menu using a batch script or registry editor in Windows 10 20H2 175931
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles

Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles: Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles I had a Windows update yesterday Saturday 14 November 2020. There is now no longer any background colour on most of the tiles on the Start menu. Most of them are now just a white background with black text. Looking at Settings,...
  5. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  6. Empty Start Menu After Getting Rid of Tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Empty Start Menu After Getting Rid of Tiles: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/zuh3nt5hd6a51.png?width=397&format=png&auto=webp&s=db2791f3d05873b8399f06e366eec8e7d014fb24 submitted by /u/jaaaamis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hp5kno/empty_start_menu_after_getting_rid_of_tiles/
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles: Hi Team, I need to remove the Windows 10 Start Menu all the Tiles for particular domain user only through registry value. Please suggest the same. Regards Natarajan...
  8. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  9. Broken tile images in start menu. How to fix?

Broken tile images in start menu. How to fix?: Upgraded the home computer this morning (win10 home). All was looking well until all of a sudden Paint.net starting showing half the image and shortly after, the Photos app as well. It only happens if I set the size of the tiles as small. Any idea what's going on and how to...
  10. Anyway to delete the start menu empty tile groups?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyway to delete the start menu empty tile groups?: There is alot of empty space to the right of my start group and I can't seem to resize it or delete it, the only way I can interact with that area is if I drag something in it and only can I rename the group. Heres a pick I found online if no one understands what I mean...