Windows 10: How to fix INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE - Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support How to fix INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE - Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, OS: Windows 10 professional Hardware: I don't know [img] I am sitting here at work early on a Sunday morning in desperation to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Empy, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Empy Win User

How to fix INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE - Windows 10 Pro

Hi there,

Hardware: I don't know

How to fix INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE - Windows 10 Pro [​IMG]

I am sitting here at work early on a Sunday morning in desperation to fix my colleague's computer which I got to the state of receiving the above error. Below I have detailed how I got into this problem yesterday (24 March) and what I have tried to fix it myself before taxing this forum. Please, any suggestions on what to do next would be HUGELY appreciated.

STEPS THAT GOT ME TO THE BIG BLUE SCREEN
    • My colleague never reboots his computer - I don't even know if it has been rebooted this year before I rebooted it yesterday (24 March)
    • I was on his machine and iTunes kept on saying it needed to be updated. So I did this for him. iTunes asked me if I wanted to restart, I said "not now"
    • Then in Excel I saw there was a message saying "Office needs to be updated". So I clicked to update. I was then asked to restart - I said yes. And the PC restarted.
    • I then got the big blue screen and have not been able to get passed it since

WHAT I THEN TRIED TO FIX IT

• Safe Mode (via Advanced Options F5 / F4): after rebooting I was back at the blue screen
    • System Restore: I tried all 3 restore points, each time the PC said it had been successful. Each time I returned to the blue screen after restarting

INSTALLED PACKAGES: "Dism /Image:C:\ /Get-Packages"
    I found a forum said I need to get a list of packages using the above command. Then I need to uninstall the "problematic" package. Again, since I don't know when last my colleague rebooted his computer (for sure it was over there Christmas though) and since no package says "24 March" which was when I rebooted his computer and got this blue screen problem - I am not actually sure which package could have done this. I have boxed those which were this year.

From this thread Viperiii says he had to uninstall:
    KB4056887~.........10.0.1.0
    KB4058702......16299.188.1.0
    package_for_rollupfix....16.299.192.1.9 I do indeed have all 3 of these packages but I see that they are "superseded"... which to me would mean that they are no longer in effect. Although I'm not sure.

QUESTIONS:
    1. Must I uninstall each package one by one and then restart to see if it fixes things, starting with the newest package? (so in order of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 as shown in the package screenshot above)?
    2. Is there anything else I should try rather?

Awaiting a helpful reply with a frowny sad frown =(
    Michelle

:)

2. I upgraded my system from windows 7 to windows 10 and do clean up my pc after that my sys is unable to boot displaying inaccessible_boot_device error.

How to fix this issue inaccessible_boot_device in windows 10? This happens after upgrading my system from windows 7 to windows 10 and when I use resting my device.

M K MauryaRZ, Mar 24, 2018
  3. How to update Windows 10 Pro

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422)

How To Update Windows 10 Pro, Mar 24, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

If you can get into safe mode, go into device manager and uninstall any hardware listed under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. When you uninstall the controller, check the box for delete the driver software for this device. Then try to reboot into normal mode.

NavyLCDR, Mar 24, 2018
  5. Empy Win User
    Thanks - but as mentioned above I cannot reboot in safemode - I keep getting back to the blue screen.

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to fix INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE - Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - fix INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE Pro

2. Inaccessible_Boot_Device, doesn't even boot in Safe Mode, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Inaccessible_Boot_Device, doesn't even boot in Safe Mode, how to fix?: This sucks. I just restarted my laptop and suddenly got that error. System restore didn't work. Neither did Startup Repair. Nor did sfc /scannow nor dism nor chkdsk submitted by /u/Taiyou04 [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows 10 INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE: Hello I need help figuring out why desktop will not boot Power was turned off during upgrade Windows 10 will no longer boot No success with: Startup Repair System Restore System Image Recovery Command Prompt has X:, no C: Command wmic LOGICALDISK LIST BRIEF list D: &...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Inaccessible_boot_device after BIOS upgrade and reset

Windows 10 Pro Inaccessible_boot_device after BIOS upgrade and reset: Hi all, after upgrading my computer BIOS from F6 to F8, my computer has been experiencing a BSOD called Inaccessible_boot_device. The only thing that fixed it back then was system restore. Curiously enough, I ran that system restore with no drives plugged in except my system...
  5. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after clean installation of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after clean installation of Windows 10: Greetings everyone... A friend of mine recently installed windows 10 1909 version after formatting the old disk, when the installation is complete he encountered a blue screen with INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error and the PC then restarts and gets stuck on the hp logo screen,...
  6. Windows 10 INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Windows 10 INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE: Hi, My windows 10pc is displaying a blue screen with a stop code inaccessible boot device. I have made several attempts to start the pc in safe mode but it goes back to the blue screen again. I have tried to reset the pc and it goes to 100% but then goes back to the blue...
  7. Windows 10 blue screen INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Windows 10 blue screen INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE: Hello, I've just bought a used Dell XPS 13 9370. The BIOS setting is set to AHCI and the SSD is Miscron 1100 512Gb. It BSOD multiple times only after a restart (Not a shutdown) with the error INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DRIVE and then it will bootloop endlessly until i either go to...
  8. BSOD on boot: inaccessible_boot_device (Windows 10)

BSOD on boot: inaccessible_boot_device (Windows 10): Hi all, I recently disassembled my computer to clean it since it gets very dusty. For reference, this is not the first time I've taken my computer apart; I know how to correctly take it apart and put it back together. I made sure everything was connected properly and that...
  9. Inaccessible_boot_device

Inaccessible_boot_device: Updated from Windows 7 to Win 10 And when everything finished it came up with a blue screen, I don't know what to do it keeps doing a loop. 10750
  10. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE Windows 10: First off, i accidently analyzed/optimized my SSD and i am fairly certain this was my mistake. i cannot start my computer: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE i cannot start in safe mode, i get the same problem. CHKDSK /F won't run i am trying to avoid formatting, at least not...