Windows 10: How to Fix My Keyboard?

Discus and support How to Fix My Keyboard? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a wireless keyboard, with new batteries and after being out of the city for 2 months, it suddenly decided not to work - no key works! I checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thailend19, Jun 3, 2018.

1. How to Fix My Keyboard?

I have a wireless keyboard, with new batteries and after being out of the city for 2 months, it suddenly decided not to work - no key works! I checked settings, but everything looked o.k. What can I do to restore the keys operating again?

:)

thailend19, Jun 3, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

How do I fix my USB drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB Port. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2: I suggest you to remove USB Drivers and re-install the drivers again and check if it helps.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

• Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

• Right-click the first USB controller under
      Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.

• Repeat the above step for each USB controller that is listed under
      Universal Serial Bus controllers.

• Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and install the drivers.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Jun 4, 2018
  3. How to fix Whea_Uncorrectable_Error

Hi Alexander.

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to look down the list of your installed hardware for a yellow exclamation mark in
    Device Manager. This means that you have a bad driver for hardware installed on your system.

If you find any such drive, right click on the drive and select Properties and check the Device status.

Step 2: Perform Clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

How to Fix My Keyboard?

1. How to Fix My Keyboard? - Similar Threads - Fix Keyboard

2. How can I fix my Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix my Keyboard?: I am using Dell Latitude E5470 which has windows 11 installed. It's battery got dead so I replaced it from a service center. My laptop was working fine and suddenly after few days the keyboard was not working. When i press any key, either it actions after a couple of seconds,...
  3. How can I fix my Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix my Keyboard?: I am using Dell Latitude E5470 which has windows 11 installed. It's battery got dead so I replaced it from a service center. My laptop was working fine and suddenly after few days the keyboard was not working. When i press any key, either it actions after a couple of seconds,...
  4. how to fix code 39 standard ps/2 keyboard ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix code 39 standard ps/2 keyboard ?: my keyboard doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-code-39-standard-ps2-keyboard/75219c8b-04ca-4455-9ebb-e58d5627b319
  5. how to fix code 39 standard ps/2 keyboard ?

how to fix code 39 standard ps/2 keyboard ?: my keyboard doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-code-39-standard-ps2-keyboard/75219c8b-04ca-4455-9ebb-e58d5627b319
  6. Keyboard Delay/Lag not fixing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Delay/Lag not fixing: I have tried multiple methods to get this to stop but nothing works and its driving me crazy. please someone help with this problem.my keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow Elite and im running on Windows 11....
  7. Keyboard Delay/Lag not fixing

Keyboard Delay/Lag not fixing: I have tried multiple methods to get this to stop but nothing works and its driving me crazy. please someone help with this problem.my keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow Elite and im running on Windows 11....
  8. Someone please help me fix my keyboard

Someone please help me fix my keyboard: i needed a usb keyboard for my laptop,so i got a usb mechanical ziyoulang gaming keyboard.i plugged it into my laptop and it worked perfectly fine for about 5 seconds or so then it stopped working. I tested it on another laptop, and it worked perfectly fine and didnt stop...
  9. Someone please help me fix my keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone please help me fix my keyboard: i needed a usb keyboard for my laptop,so i got a usb mechanical ziyoulang gaming keyboard.i plugged it into my laptop and it worked perfectly fine for about 5 seconds or so then it stopped working. I tested it on another laptop, and it worked perfectly fine and didnt stop...
  10. How to fix my keyboard

How to fix my keyboard: Like if I press a key that is called "d" it will shut down my PC and if I press a key it will type two letters and it's so annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-my-keyboard/4e74d6b5-0154-4ede-bf61-d25a19d048c6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i fix my keyboard

2. how do i fix a keyboard driver when i have no keyboard to log in