Windows 10: How to fix my PC Wifi not having connection but my wifi is shown, connected, secured.

Discus and support How to fix my PC Wifi not having connection but my wifi is shown, connected, secured. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Here is a rundown.Everytime I open my Pc, i gain internet acess for a short amount of time, but my PC will then eventually not be able to connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kevin zh, Feb 22, 2024.

1. kevin zh Win User

How to fix my PC Wifi not having connection but my wifi is shown, connected, secured.

Here is a rundown.Everytime I open my Pc, i gain internet acess for a short amount of time, but my PC will then eventually not be able to connect to the internet. In the wifi tab of the setting, it is stated as Connected, Secured. This also occurs when I tried to disable and renable my wifi card. I have tried fhe following- reintalling the driver from device manager-disabling and reenabling-update the driver from intel website using ethernetI also discovered that the Wifi in ther performance tab in task manager disappers randomly, but once troubleshooted or disabling and enabling it comes back

:)

kevin zh, Feb 22, 2024
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Feb 22, 2024
  3. simrick Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Feb 22, 2024
  4. How to fix my PC Wifi not having connection but my wifi is shown, connected, secured.

Assigning a default WiFi connection

Is there any specific way to force Windows to connect to a certain WiFi connection?

Since my PC keeps connecting to a commercial WiFi hotspot rather than to my home network when it boots.

Things I have tried:

• "Connect to suggested WiFi hotspots" has been turned off
    • Home network has been set to "connect automatically" when connecting
    • Hotspot networks have been "forgotten" in the WiFi settings
    Is there anything else I can try to fix this problem?

Sakura2628, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

How to fix my PC Wifi not having connection but my wifi is shown, connected, secured.

1. How to fix my PC Wifi not having connection but my wifi is shown, connected, secured. - Similar Threads - fix Wifi having

2. How to fix my PC Wifi not having connection but my wifi is shown, connected, secured.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix my PC Wifi not having connection but my wifi is shown, connected, secured.: Here is a rundown.Everytime I open my Pc, i gain internet acess for a short amount of time, but my PC will then eventually not be able to connect to the internet. In the wifi tab of the setting, it is stated as Connected, Secured. This also occurs when I tried to disable and...
  3. My WiFi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My WiFi connection: My internet connection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-connection/672de3f6-857f-46a4-bca8-f2a1e46e5ba8
  4. Wireless Wifi Connections not shown or connected anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Wifi Connections not shown or connected anymore: Hello, I'm currently using an HP Pavillion x360 laptop, and am using Windows 8.1 still. For the past few months, my wifi would disappear, and it would only show me that there was no internet connection, as I had to connect with an Ethernet cable. I don't use this laptop...
  5. Wireless Wifi Connections not shown or connected anymore

Wireless Wifi Connections not shown or connected anymore: Hello, I'm currently using an HP Pavillion x360 laptop, and am using Windows 8.1 still. For the past few months, my wifi would disappear, and it would only show me that there was no internet connection, as I had to connect with an Ethernet cable. I don't use this laptop...
  6. My wifi will not connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi will not connect: I recently moved countries and my laptop was on airplane mode for about 24 hours. It was working perfectly fine back home, but when I tried to connect new country I was unable to.I have changed my time zone on my laptop It kept saying No networks available. And when I did...
  7. My wifi will not connect

My wifi will not connect: I recently moved countries and my laptop was on airplane mode for about 24 hours. It was working perfectly fine back home, but when I tried to connect new country I was unable to.I have changed my time zone on my laptop It kept saying No networks available. And when I did...
  8. Wifi connection not shown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi connection not shown: hello there, I brought a new laptop last month and since last 10-15 days I am seeing, whenever I am trying to connect my laptop to my mobile hotspot, the connection isn't shown quickly. I have to switch off and on wifi at least once so that my hotspot appears on my laptop....
  9. my laptop when connected to the wifi shown connected but no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my laptop when connected to the wifi shown connected but no internet: my laptop when connected to the wifi shown connected but no internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-when-connected-to-the-wifi-shown/cf1a3397-d074-4065-94ba-6fd5b87458d2
  10. Securing a WiFi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Securing a WiFi connection: We are considering installing an internet connection in our two church halls. Initially this is intended for controlling heating system as the hall is hired out and it would be more convenient for those who have to set up the heating times to do so remotely. However, some...