Windows 10: How to fix pressing shift closes window.

Discus and support How to fix pressing shift closes window. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm typing from phone, because I can't use my pc very well. When I press the right shift, the opened window is close, same as if I press the alt+f4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hungaryball, Jan 5, 2018.

1. How to fix pressing shift closes window.

I'm typing from phone, because I can't use my pc very well.
    When I press the right shift, the opened window is close, same as if I press the alt+f4
    How can I fix it?

Thanks.

:)

Hungaryball, Jan 5, 2018

2. can't get portrait mode on new n900

open the web browser and go to any web page

open the keyboard

press and hold ctrl, then press and hold shift, then press o, then release ctrl and shift

close the keyboard

rotate the phone..

that should be it

cpitchford, Jan 5, 2018
  3. saashe Win User
    Sticky Keys Problem (SHIFT Pressed)

I have Dell Inspiron N5421. However, recently sticky keys issue started to occur *only when my laptop boots*. While windows is loading, it makes 2 beeps and a third weird long beep sound and then the dialogue box appears for sticky keys where I click on
    NO. I tried all the available fixes on the internet and turned it off. Tried Pressing Shift key for 8 - 10 seconds but still no use.
    I had windows 8.1 pro and upgraded it to windows 10 to fix this issue but to no avail.

The only solution that I found was going to ease of access and start on screen keyboard which "sometimes" has right SHIFT key pressed. So I usually click on shift key and close on screen keyboard. Then again I start on screen keyboard and close it
    again after pressing shift key. This solves the issue. But I want to get rid of Sticky keys issue on boot up forever.

I have no malware or virus in my laptop. The diagnostics show that all my hardware is 100% working. All my drivers are up to date. Help Please.

saashe, Jan 5, 2018
Thema:

How to fix pressing shift closes window.

1. How to fix pressing shift closes window. - Similar Threads - fix pressing shift

2. Shift key are rapidly being pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key are rapidly being pressed: I woke up and went to work on my PC and then the shift keys were rapidly being pressed and it is a persistent issue that I haven't figured out yet and need help with. Also I have turned off sticky keys and attempted to hold down the shift keys for five seconds and fully...
  3. Shift key are rapidly being pressed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift key are rapidly being pressed: I woke up and went to work on my PC and then the shift keys were rapidly being pressed and it is a persistent issue that I haven't figured out yet and need help with. Also I have turned off sticky keys and attempted to hold down the shift keys for five seconds and fully...
  4. how to fix window closing and opening time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix window closing and opening time: when I open my computer for the first time for bhojanvigyan . then once my pc open and after few sec automatically closed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-window-closing-and-opening-time/2b0a5b70-4da2-4f93-805e-def6009b6867
  5. how to fix window closing and opening time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix window closing and opening time: when I open my computer for the first time for bhojanvigyan . then once my pc open and after few sec automatically closed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-window-closing-and-opening-time/2b0a5b70-4da2-4f93-805e-def6009b6867
  6. shift + a don't work how to fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    shift + a don't work how to fix?: my shift button works, with every other but and by itselfmy a button worksits only the left shift buttonit works on the on-screen keyboardplease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shift-a-dont-work-how-to-fix/065e98cc-0a41-4fd5-9e59-8d7846fa7a9f
  7. How to desactivate SHIFT press doing upper case letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to desactivate SHIFT press doing upper case letters: Hi, i want to know how to desactivate the pressing key SHIFT feature that do upper case letters, i really dont know why this exist if we have the CAPS LOCK key....
  8. Cant press shift + n in games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant press shift + n in games: So in games i cant seem to press shift + n but on anything else i can for e.g discord or my browser, i dont know whats causing this issue any help would be appreciated...
  9. Windows acting as if I have shift key pressed.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows acting as if I have shift key pressed.: So when I turn on my laptop windows has been acting as if the shift key is depressed (selecting all files, opening links in new windows, ect). A simple log out and back in fixes this, but I would like to not have to turn on my laptop, log in and then back out, before loging...
  10. Computer thinks shift key is pressed?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer thinks shift key is pressed?: Recently, while using my computer, it acts as though the shift key is pressed down. (Making my computer near impossible to use) The only way to get it to stop is to reset my computer, but it normally comes back within a few minutes/hours. All sites i have looked at have said...