Windows 10: How to fix this Right Click Desktop freezing problem?

Discus and support How to fix this Right Click Desktop freezing problem? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Right clicking on desktop will promt a .2 freeze before the context menu will show, If I have a running apps it will be affected also, just by right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by whamy22, Nov 23, 2017.

1. whamy22 Win User

How to fix this Right Click Desktop freezing problem?

Right clicking on desktop will promt a .2 freeze before the context menu will show, If I have a running apps it will be affected also, just by right clicking on a desktop. Now I figured it out that if the GEForce experience is active, desktop right click freeze will not occur, so does the predator sense NVIDIA graphics is active, no freezing, tried playing games and I was right. No right click desktop freeze when nvidia graphics is active. Any solution to permanently fix my problem? thanks

:)

whamy22, Nov 23, 2017

2. How to fix this Right Click Desktop freezing problem?

I was gonna ask if you had any shell extensions installed? If so, you could use CCleaner to remove them.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 23, 2017
  3. How to fix this Right Click Desktop freezing problem?

Right clicking on desktop will promt a .2 freeze before the context menu will show, If I have a running apps it will be affected also, just by right clicking on a desktop. Now I figured it out that if the GEForce experience is active, desktop right click
    freeze will not occur, so does the predator sense NVIDIA graphics is active, no freezing, tried playing games and I was right. No right click desktop freeze when nvidia graphics is active. Any solution to permanently fix my problem? thanks

***Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate ***

JeffreyRivero, Nov 23, 2017
  4. How to fix this Right Click Desktop freezing problem?

FreeBooter, Nov 23, 2017
  5. whamy22 Win User
    Problem FIx! I disabled TheDesktopContextMenu Class using program ShellExView. By the way, this fix doesn't affect my pc negatively? thanks

whamy22, Nov 23, 2017
  6. Only one problem you will have that is you will not have a context menu option for NVIDIA control panel.

FreeBooter, Nov 23, 2017
  7. whamy22 Win User
    thanks. anyways I can always access it in control panel, and I really dont use nor tweaks those setting. I also remove nvidia setting in contextmenu so that It cant be easily mess up with somebody. thanks for help.

whamy22, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to fix this Right Click Desktop freezing problem?

1. How to fix this Right Click Desktop freezing problem? - Similar Threads - fix Right Click

2. Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop: My pc was working normally after while i faced a problem, when i right click a program in the desktop the desktop will freeze, also i saw that programms that was installed on Hdd drive when i right click on them the context menu appear without any problem, but when i right...
  3. Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop: My pc was working normally after while i faced a problem, when i right click a program in the desktop the desktop will freeze, also i saw that programms that was installed on Hdd drive when i right click on them the context menu appear without any problem, but when i right...
  4. How to fix right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix right click: Hi, every time I right click on a app on my desktop it just loads and loads and loads. I can't do anything on home screen after that. Only stops loading if I restart my computer. I tried a trouble shooting option that just makes my computer blue screen now. Help please...
  5. How to fix right click

How to fix right click: Hi, every time I right click on a app on my desktop it just loads and loads and loads. I can't do anything on home screen after that. Only stops loading if I restart my computer. I tried a trouble shooting option that just makes my computer blue screen now. Help please...
  6. Desktop freeze when i right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop freeze when i right click: Everytime i right click on my desktop it freezes and i dont know why. I have the newest drivers for my gpu, windows is updated and the moving background is not the problem because when i shut it off it still does it. https://reddit.com/link/12rqnhh/video/frzaswpqxtua1/player...
  7. How to Fix Right click keeps loading on desktop when right click Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix Right click keeps loading on desktop when right click Windows 11: Hi I would like to know how to fix something that has been happening Whenever i right click on my desktop it keeps loading forever when i go into another app it show up it takes around 5 min to show up i have done everything I have reset my pc and upgraded from windows 10 to...
  8. How to Fix Right click keeps loading on desktop when right click Windows 11

How to Fix Right click keeps loading on desktop when right click Windows 11: Hi I would like to know how to fix something that has been happening Whenever i right click on my desktop it keeps loading forever when i go into another app it show up it takes around 5 min to show up i have done everything I have reset my pc and upgraded from windows 10 to...
  9. Problem with right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with right click on desktop: I have an issues on Windows 10 Desktop where when I right click , I get the circle for minutes, and then nothing happens. When I click on a file on desktop it works fine but it only hangs when I hit an empty space in the desktop and I can't figure out the reason. Anyone ever...
  10. When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.: Hi, i'm having a problem with my MSI Laptop, where I right click the desktop, then it will turn my cursor into the blue circle and try to boot up the screen the gives you all those settings. Then it will take around 2 minutes for that to actually show, but when I click it...