Windows 10: How to fix Win10 Audio distortion

Discus and support How to fix Win10 Audio distortion in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ever since the last update for win7....and then an update for win10 afew months ago, I have had audio distortion. When sounds get loud (as in movies... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 7of9, Jan 5, 2017.

1. 7of9 Win User

How to fix Win10 Audio distortion

Ever since the last update for win7....and then an update for win10 afew months ago, I have had audio distortion.
    When sounds get loud (as in movies or games) the audio starts breaking up.

I followed the Microsoft info to uninstall various drivers....but I have not been able to fix the audio distortion.

Uninstalled logitech headphone software
    uninstalled Realtek audio software
    uninstalled windows sound drivers
    re-booted.

Windows installed software for my headphones automatically. I didn't install the logitech software or realtek audio software, but still have audio distortion.

I don't know what to do now.

Any ideas?

:)

7of9, Jan 5, 2017
  2. lacienega Win User

Bad sound quality after Win 10 Anniversary update.

Hi,

I had the same problem with my "Realtek High Definition" Audio after the anniversary win10 update.

Here is how to fix it:

Go to folder - Program Files/Realtek/Audio/HDA,

find the file "RtDefLvl" and rename it to "RtDefLvl.old".

These are some configuration settings that they added and apparently set the internal subwoofer to 100, that's why the sound is distorted.

You might have to restart.

[edit: sorry, didn't work...ended up reinstalling driver from the old windows folder - but still sound is distorted!]

lacienega, Jan 5, 2017
  3. Opie540 Win User
    sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

Automated fix did not fix my problem (distorted audio after the annual Windows 10 update). I also tried reinstalling the latest RealTek audio driver. The problem persists. Any help?

Opie540, Jan 5, 2017
  4. A5hm Win User

A5hm, Jan 5, 2017
  5. 7of9 Win User
    This issue started with my G35 headphones. Carried over to the G633 headphones.

7of9, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to fix Win10 Audio distortion - Similar Threads - fix Win10 Audio

2. Audio distortion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio distortion: Hello, I have an hp omen laptop 15-en0009nl with windows 11.For a while I have been experiencing problems with my audio, sometimes the entire pc lags for a second and when it "catches up" the audio is distorted, but most of the times it just gets distorted without lagging.The...
  3. Audio distortion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio distortion: Hello, I have an hp omen laptop 15-en0009nl with windows 11.For a while I have been experiencing problems with my audio, sometimes the entire pc lags for a second and when it "catches up" the audio is distorted, but most of the times it just gets distorted without lagging.The...
  4. distorted audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    distorted audio: When i play sound off of serato dj pro out my laptop it is extremely distorted. if i record audio and play it back it is very distorted. I have tried so many different ways to fix it but havent been able to find a solution and i cannot find anything online to fix it!...
  5. distorted audio

distorted audio: When i play sound off of serato dj pro out my laptop it is extremely distorted. if i record audio and play it back it is very distorted. I have tried so many different ways to fix it but havent been able to find a solution and i cannot find anything online to fix it!...
  6. How Do I Fix Discord Distorting Other Applications' Audio

How Do I Fix Discord Distorting Other Applications' Audio: Ive been having this issue for almost a year now and it has been driving me crazy trying to fix this.So anytime Discord is playing audio this can be from videos or from a VC, the distorts/muffles the audio from other applications. ~"You should fix your audio drivers", I have...
  7. How Do I Fix Discord Distorting Other Applications' Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Fix Discord Distorting Other Applications' Audio: Ive been having this issue for almost a year now and it has been driving me crazy trying to fix this.So anytime Discord is playing audio this can be from videos or from a VC, the distorts/muffles the audio from other applications. ~"You should fix your audio drivers", I have...
  8. Audio Distorting and Robotizing

Audio Distorting and Robotizing: After having installed the latest windows 10 update my audio gets Robotized and Distored every 5 minutes and I need to replug my Headphones.I've tried everything on my headphones side and nothing helped so I come and check if its not windows related.As said between 5 and 10...
  9. Distortion Effect on monitor. How to fix?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Distortion Effect on monitor. How to fix?: Hello and Thank you for your time. A relatively small problem as it goes away within 3 mins of startup/ wake up. When I start up my pc or wake up there is a weird distortion effect on my main monitor. It mostly is about an inch along the entire bottom of my main monitor. The...
  10. Realtek audio keeps making audio on laptop distorted. How to fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek audio keeps making audio on laptop distorted. How to fix?: submitted by /u/Antonio_877 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fihlc1/realtek_audio_keeps_making_audio_on_laptop/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hellohttps://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement

2. microsoft.cohttps://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement

3. microsoft.cohttps://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement#

4. how to fix win10 speaker distortion