Windows 10: How to Fix windows 10 Getting ready Frozen

Discus and support How to Fix windows 10 Getting ready Frozen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to fix frozen stuck at getting ready the dots stop turning and the blue cursor shows Sample Laptop Dell Inspiron 15 5558 Intel Core... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lysur, Dec 26, 2016.

1. lysur Win User

How to Fix windows 10 Getting ready Frozen

How to fix frozen stuck at getting ready the dots stop turning and the blue cursor shows
    Sample

Laptop
    Dell Inspiron 15 5558
    Intel Core i7-5500U
    6GB
    1TB HD

How to Fix windows 10 Getting ready Frozen [​IMG]

:)

lysur, Dec 26, 2016

2. Lumia 620 frozen with spinning gear

Related to:
    How to fix a Nokia Lumia that has frozen or won't start

I tried to reset my Lumia 620 and its now frozen with the spinning gear display. I tried the steps to finish it, but still no progress. Can You please suggest how to stop this spinning and how can I get my phone ready to use?

rafi palliyal, Dec 26, 2016
  3. jpheyer Win User
    windows 10 demands reinstallation after errors identified in installation files

Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7. Worked smoothly, except for the Windows search function not "active".

After two "trial" days system notice given there were errors in the installation files and recommended uninstall/reinstalling Windows 10.

So I did. Uninstalling W10 worked fine. Reached 100%. The computer restarted. The Windows 10 screen confirmed "getting ready" for installing over gain.

The installation process, however, ceased. The Windows 10 logo with the notice "getting ready" in the rotating dots stays forever.

I am stuck.

After one hour with this "frozen" screen, I have forced restart to get the process moving. The computer starts and the same "getting ready" screen unfortunately shows and the PC stays frozen.

(I have checked the HP Rescue /Esc ; Start-Up and Run-In test passed and I find no info in the HP error log)

So there I am with a former well functioning W7 computer now killed by W10 corrupt installation files.

Please assist. Where do I go from here? How do I get the installation process reactivated (and brought life back to my PC)

JP

jpheyer, Dec 26, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Getting ready doing what?

Steve C, Dec 26, 2016
  5. lysur Win User
    Clean install of windows 10 aniversary update

lysur, Dec 26, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    I would turn off fast boot & secure boot in the BIOS and disconnect all non-essential drives, ideally just leaving the system disk. If you have other drives connected, ensure the only active partition is on your system disk.

Try the clean install again with the above settings. Use this tutorial and follow step 13 for a UEFI boot system https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...n-install.html

Steve C, Dec 26, 2016
  7. lysur Win User
    Im using bootable . Yes i see that but still getting stuck at getting read. Only the aniversary update gives me problem . Other build of windows 10 no problem . Just the windows 10 aniversary update

lysur, Dec 26, 2016
  8. spunk Win User

I have run into this several times. I have hard shut down the computer with the power button waited a few minutes and restarted the computer. The Waiting message shows for a couple of minutes then it goes to the next screen

spunk, Dec 27, 2016
  9. lysur Win User
    Im just getting stuck in. getting ready im waiting for 12 hours still at stuck

lysur, Dec 27, 2016
  10. spunk Win User
    Did you try a hard shut down? Then start it again?
    If so, then either your install didn't go well, and you should wipe and try again.

spunk, Dec 27, 2016
  11. lysur Win User
    I wipe many times. Still stuck

lysur, Dec 27, 2016
  12. spunk Win User
    Then the ISO image you burned to the USB is corrupted, Try recreating your install media. Or you could have a hardware issue like your HDD is going bad. Restart the computer and press F12 and do Dell Diagnostics

spunk, Dec 27, 2016
  13. lysur Win User

The diagnostics result is ok . The Hdd is ok also . The ISO is from mediacreationtool . I downloaded many times .

lysur, Dec 27, 2016
  14. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Dec 27, 2016
  15. lysur Win User
    lysur, Dec 27, 2016
Thema:

1. How to Fix windows 10 Getting ready Frozen - Similar Threads - Fix Getting ready

2. How to fix a frozen PC that's stuck on Getting Windows Ready?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix a frozen PC that's stuck on Getting Windows Ready?: After my HDD slowed down and stopped working as fast, I took the time to buy an SSD. Why not, right?Well, after some time, my PC would freeze after awhile of being idle.I decided to completely wipe the SSD and using my laptop and the Windows Media Creation Tool, I tried...
  3. How to fix a frozen PC that's stuck on Getting Windows Ready?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix a frozen PC that's stuck on Getting Windows Ready?: After my HDD slowed down and stopped working as fast, I took the time to buy an SSD. Why not, right?Well, after some time, my PC would freeze after awhile of being idle.I decided to completely wipe the SSD and using my laptop and the Windows Media Creation Tool, I tried...
  4. How to fix a frozen PC that's stuck on Getting Windows Ready?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Getting Ready

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Getting Ready: My laptop is experiencing an annoying bug, it always displays "Getting Windows Ready, Don't turn off your computer" without the circle loading animation everytime I shut down or restart it, I always update my windows at time andthere is no bios in pending, please can you help...
  6. Windows 10 Getting Ready

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Getting Ready: My laptop is experiencing an annoying bug, it always displays "Getting Windows Ready, Don't turn off your computer" without the circle loading animation everytime I shut down or restart it, I always update my windows at time andthere is no bios in pending, please can you help...
  7. Windows 10 Getting Ready

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Getting devices ready after Windows setup frozen.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting devices ready after Windows setup frozen.: After I install windows 10 and when it says getting devices ready, it freezes. When I don't install and try open windows 10, it sends me [The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click OK...
  9. Blue Screen error and "Getting Windows ready" frozen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blue Screen error and "Getting Windows ready" frozen: Lately I have been experiencing some problems with my pc. First it started with Windows notifying me that there were drive errors, and to restart the pc in order to solve them. When I did that, at the beginning of the start process, the pc scanned and repaired disc C,...
  10. Getting ready for 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting ready for 10: Planning to get 10, but I have a question 1st. What's the best way to test my mobo? I mean EVERYTHING; including all Sata, Video, Lan & USB ports. 3599

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 5530 stuck on getting ready

2. dell 5530 frozen at Getting devices ready during image

3. fix windows hello getting ready frozen