Windows 10: *** How To Fix > Windows Takes Long Time To Delete Files ***

Discus and support *** How To Fix > Windows Takes Long Time To Delete Files *** in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Here is the simple solution to fixing the Windows 10 taking long time to delete files and folders problem. THE PROBLEM: When you delete a big... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KRL, Jan 3, 2016.

1. KRL
    KRL Win User

*** How To Fix > Windows Takes Long Time To Delete Files ***

Here is the simple solution to fixing the Windows 10 taking long time to delete files and folders problem.

THE PROBLEM:

When you delete a big file (or folder) or lots of files in File Explorer, you notice in the popup window
    the green progress bar goes to 99% and then stops and you have to wait many minutes for it to finish
    the deletion process thereafter.

THE SOLUTION:

• Open File Explorer
    • Highlight with your mouse "This PC" in the Left Sidebar
    • Click the "View" tab in the Top Menu Bar
    • Look to the Far Right in the Top Menu Bar and Click "Options"
    • Click "Change Folder And Search Options"
    • In the popup box next Click the "View" tab
    • In the "Advanced Settings" box Scroll Down and CHECK the box that says "Launch Folder Windows In A Separate Process"
    • Click the "Apply" button at the bottom

Now when you delete files and folders in File Explorer it will go to 100% delete rapidly instead of hanging on the the 99% point.

*Nerd

:)

2. Takes long time to download pictures or documents.

Hi, first let me thank you for your help. I was able to resolve the problem of not being able to uninstall Chrome. There were 4 items in Task Manager under Background Processing, one of which was attached to Pinterest. Once I removed those items I was able
    to uninstall Chrome. Now just trying to get it up and running after reinstalling, lol.

JosephBoone, Jan 3, 2016
  3. Takes long time to download pictures or documents.

Before uninstalling Google Chrome, you can export your Bookmarks to a file...

Click on the "hamburger-menu" - the three lines under the close-X

Go to Bookmarks

Bookmark Manager

Click on Organize

Click on "Export bookmarks to HTML file..."

Click on Save

(If you don't change save-destination, it will be saved in your Documents-folder) I will suggest you to save the file, also on extern harddisk / USB-stick for use in the future......

Do you have a gmail? If yes, just log in to Google Chrome after the reinstall, wait a bit and you will get the settings and Bookmarks back!

MicaelNielsen, Jan 3, 2016
Thema:

*** How To Fix > Windows Takes Long Time To Delete Files ***

1. *** How To Fix > Windows Takes Long Time To Delete Files *** - Similar Threads - *** Fix Takes

2. IDIOTS~!!! HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO FIX IT??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IDIOTS~!!! HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO FIX IT??: ANY BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES I CONNECT ARE AUTOMATICALLY DISCONNECTING!!! ALL OF THE SETTINGS ARE FINE1!!! IT'S YOU, YOU DUMB S11ITS, WHO CANNOT IMPLEMENT ONE.STUPIDEASY.FUNCTION!!!!!!!!The only solution I found to connect them manually !!!!!!EVERY TIME!!!!!BUT NO, YOU HAD TO...
  3. Files in Explorer taking a long time to display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in Explorer taking a long time to display: Similar to a question only asked very recently, my case might be the same. The problem is Explorer not displaying files for some time after selecting a folder and this seems to have happened following my recent update to Win10 21H1 although I cannot be certain. This problem...
  4. Start-MpScan takes a long long time on a small file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start-MpScan takes a long long time on a small file: A Windows forum user asked why running Start-MpScan on a file took so long. So I ran a test. I gave it a 300kb .jpg image. Powershell as Admin, Start-MpScan -ScanPath ./image.jpg and .. voom... it took 30 seconds. 30 seconds? On an i7 with 32gb and a NVidia 2xxx...
  5. sometimes file copy takes long time

in Windows 10 Support
    sometimes file copy takes long time: on my dad 7 year old laptop, some time copying a small word/pdf file of 4-5 pages takes one minute or more to copy from one folder to another this is random problem 175714
  6. File renaming, deleting, copying, downloading takes long time in Windows 10

File renaming, deleting, copying, downloading takes long time in Windows 10: Hi, I have an HP laptop with Windows 10. I have a recent issue that my PC takes a long time to rename files within my PC, but when I connect any other mobile devices and do the same thing there it doesn't show any effect, it just works fine and fast. When I rename any...
  7. External disk fixing takes very long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External disk fixing takes very long time: Hi, I have Windows 10. I had a problem with my external hard drive it said fatal hardware error as it was not recognized by the system, though found as disk F:\. I restarted as sometimes it fixes such bugs. right at the start of booting, windows started fixing my...
  8. Delete account and data taking a very long time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete account and data taking a very long time.: I'm just concerned that it's taking a long time to delete a local account. Is this normal or is something weird happening? How long does it take? submitted by /u/Big_Noobus [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 takes a long time to run any executable and File Explorer takes a long time to...

Windows 10 takes a long time to run any executable and File Explorer takes a long time to...: As per title, Windows10 takes almost 2 minutes to open any executable file. File Explorer takes up to 3 minutes to load a folder and up to one minute whenever I right click something. Disabled most of the shell extensions that caused trouble but it still lags a lot. I just...
  10. Deleting/renaming files on desktop takes a long time

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting/renaming files on desktop takes a long time: Good day, I recently updated my operative system from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. When I had Windows 8.1, I had a problem with deleting/renaming files on the desktop, it simply just took way too long. So one of the main reason really in upgrading was that it could maybe...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. takes long time to delete windows

2. delete files takes long time

3. kb4483232 99%