Windows 10: How to Fix winload.efi missing or corrupt error in Windows 10

Discus and support How to Fix winload.efi missing or corrupt error in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: How to Fix winload.efi missing or corrupt error in Windows 10 If youre facing a blue screen of death (BSOD) with the message that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

How to Fix winload.efi missing or corrupt error in Windows 10

How to: How to Fix winload.efi missing or corrupt error in Windows 10

If youre facing a blue screen of death (BSOD) with the message that Windows\system32\winload.efi is missing or corrupt then this tutorial will show you how to fix this issue.

The error is caused by corrupt BCD information, corrupt boot records, incorrect boot order etc.

How to Fix winload.efi missing or corrupt error in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Rebuild the BCD Store

1 Boot your computer with Windows Setup Media and from Windows Recovery Environment start the Command Prompt.
    Open Command Prompt at Boot in Windows 10
    2 Please type below commands into Command Prompt and press Enter key.
    Following commands will repair Master Boot Record (MBR), Boot Sector and BCD Store.

Code:

3 If the Bootrec /RebuildBcd command fails then enter the following commands in Command Prompt:
    Code:

4 Finally, exit the Command Prompt and restart your Windows.

This method seems to Fix winload.efi missing or corrupt error but if it doesnt work for you then continue.

Run SFC and CHKDSK

1 Boot your computer with Windows Setup Media and from Windows Recovery Environment start the Command Prompt.

2 Please type below command into Command Prompt and press Enter key.
    The following command scans integrity of all protected Windows system files and repairs files with problems when possible.

Code:
    Please replace partition letter D: with Windows installed partition letter. When computer boots into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

3 Exit the Command Prompt, and restart your PC.

Thats it you have successfully Fix winload.efi missing or corrupt error.

:)

Brink, Jul 27, 2018
  2. dictum Win User

Which tool to recover the EFI partition? Booted into Rescue Disk

That's not what they suggest here:

FIX: Steps to Fix Winload.EFI Error - Appuals.com

Winload.EFI Error, is pretty much self explanatory by it’s name is an error that prevents windows from loading. This is usually caused by corrupt boot records or incorrect boot configuration. Depending on your Operating System, the error message may vary but the keyword winload.efi will be same. On a Windows 8/8.1/10 system, the error usually pops-up in the following form.

dictum, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10: Getting blue screen error messsage "windows\system32\winload..efi" and error code "0xc000000f".

Original Title: windows 10 0xc000000f error in lenovo pc

my laptop is lenovo g50 30 which is windows 8.1 build.

after upgrade it shows blue screen

windows\system32\winload..efi

error code 0xc000000f

i cant find the solution in community

AJMER BANDODIYA, Oct 27, 2019
  4. How to Fix winload.efi missing or corrupt error in Windows 10

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Andre Da Costa, Oct 27, 2019
  6. winload efi missing or corrupt

My Microsoft Surface attempted to update Windows 10. I believe it failed. When I tried to turn on Surface, received message "\WINDOWS/system32\winload.efi Error code: 0xc0000225

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

NeilTheobald, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

How to Fix winload.efi missing or corrupt error in Windows 10

1. How to Fix winload.efi missing or corrupt error in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix winload efi

2. Windows 10 - 0xc0000098 winload efi dosyası bozuk hatası.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - 0xc0000098 winload efi dosyası bozuk hatası.: Bilgisayarımı sıfırlamaya çalışırken bu hatayı alıyorum. Her türlü yolu denedim, tüm videoları izledim ama hala sorunum aynı. Lütfen en kısa sürede yardımcı olur musunuz?...
  3. Windows 10 - 0xc0000098 winload efi dosyası bozuk hatası.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - 0xc0000098 winload efi dosyası bozuk hatası.: Bilgisayarımı sıfırlamaya çalışırken bu hatayı alıyorum. Her türlü yolu denedim, tüm videoları izledim ama hala sorunum aynı. Lütfen en kısa sürede yardımcı olur musunuz?...
  4. Windows 10 - 0xc0000098 winload efi dosyası bozuk hatası.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 winload efi missing, F8 button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 winload efi missing, F8 button not working: Hello,My HP is not starting up. I’ve received the ‘winload efi is missing or corrupt’. All the troubleshoot steps require me to go into startup settings but in order for me to do that, I have to press F8 however when I do press it my screen flashes and it doesn’t take me...
  6. Windows 11 winload efi missing, F8 button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 winload efi missing, F8 button not working: Hello,My HP is not starting up. I’ve received the ‘winload efi is missing or corrupt’. All the troubleshoot steps require me to go into startup settings but in order for me to do that, I have to press F8 however when I do press it my screen flashes and it doesn’t take me...
  7. how to fix service registration is missing or corrupt in wimdows 10

how to fix service registration is missing or corrupt in wimdows 10: how to fix service registration is missing or corrupt in wimdows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-service-registration-is-missing-or/d879d209-0d89-43c6-93a4-36c75148ffd9
  8. Windows boot winload efi error 0000e9

Windows boot winload efi error 0000e9: hi my acer swift ryzen laptop completly crashed the weekend with the winload efi error . ive gone into bios and disabled secure boot in uefi but no result . Ive managed to download windows 10 on usb drive and set it up in bios to boot from that drive however i still get the...
  9. Windows 10 EFI partition missing

Windows 10 EFI partition missing: I have an ASUS GL502VS which I previously had dual boot with Ubuntu. Until the last Windows update it was working fine. I tried installing the latest Windows 10 update I guess 1909 yesterday. At first it worked fine but after a restart I realized that it isn't working...
  10. Windows wont start error 185 in system32/winload. Efi

Windows wont start error 185 in system32/winload. Efi: Windows wont start i tried everything please help me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wont-start-error-185-in-system32winload/d99e08e6-1320-48bd-abfd-803a8e97f80d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cannot start windows\system32\winload.efi missing