Windows 10: how to fix xbox party not working

Discus and support how to fix xbox party not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; "Background apps permission for Xbox are turned off others may not be able to hear you" i keep getting this message when i try to start or join a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kaleb gatlin, Apr 18, 2024.

1. how to fix xbox party not working

"Background apps permission for Xbox are turned off others may not be able to hear you" i keep getting this message when i try to start or join a party. I can hear the party but they can't hear me. when i go through my windows settings and go to apps>installed apps>xbox it does not give me the option to change it. the drop down arrow is not there at all. I have look through google and watched youtube but nothing helped. Any advice would be appreciated.

:)

kaleb gatlin, Apr 18, 2024
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Xbox party wont work

Hello Jacob,

Since this is an Xbox related issue, I would suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps posted on this
    article. If the issue persists, you can post your query through this
    link.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Apr 18, 2024
  3. 0x80010108 Error When Joining Parties on Xbox App (Windows 10)

Hi,

The error code 0x80010108 may occur due to several reasons. It can possibly be due to an incorrect network configuration or an outdated Xbox App. To properly isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Did the issue start after an update?
    • Do you have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription?
    • Is your computer connected via a wired or a wireless network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check the NAT type on the Xbox App by following the steps below:

• Click the Start icon and open the Xbox app.
    • Select Settings > Network.
    • Under Network status, check the NAT type.

Make sure that the Xbox Live Service Status is up and running before joining the Xbox Live parties again. To check, you may visit this

link

Loraine Mon, Apr 18, 2024
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

how to fix xbox party not working

Windows 10 xbox app party chat not working.

Hi Noah,

For us to better isolate this issue, kindly provide us the following information below:

• Can you tell us if you're using a child account?
    • May I know if you were able to join party chat on another computer while using the same account?
    • Can you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?

In the meantime, I recommend that you try using another Xbox account in the Xbox app and check if you will be able to join party chat. This will help us to determine if the issue is within the app or on the account that you're using.

We look forward to your reply.

Ariel Acu, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

how to fix xbox party not working

1. how to fix xbox party not working - Similar Threads - fix xbox party

2. how to fix xbox party not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix xbox party not working: "Background apps permission for Xbox are turned off others may not be able to hear you" i keep getting this message when i try to start or join a party. I can hear the party but they can't hear me. when i go through my windows settings and go to apps>installed apps>xbox it...
  3. Xbox Game Bar mic not working in parties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar mic not working in parties.: Hi, i've been having this issue for a while where when I am in an xbox party, my mic will only work when I have my game bar open and on the screen. It shows an orange error symbol and when I click on the notification in the social tab it directs me to an article on how to let...
  4. Xbox Game Bar Party Chat not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar Party Chat not Working: Ever since doing an update to the game bar it's been popping up with a message saying "Something went wrong with this widget" and my party chats aren't working. Input and output devices are ok as the work in all other apps ingame/discord...
  5. xbox party on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox party on pc: when I try to join a Xbox party or create 1 on pc it doesn't work it says something went wrong try again later I uninstalled every Xbox app on my pc and reinstalled including game bar I reset everything updated my pc and nothing is working sometimes cant even join a party it...
  6. Xbox Party Chat Won't Work On PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Party Chat Won't Work On PC: I seem to be having a specific issue with party chat. I will join a party with my friends and I only seem to make the party echo. I've figured out that for some reason my mic will feed party audio back through and echo it instead of actually using my voice as input. Any help?...
  7. Xbox Companion App party chat not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Companion App party chat not working?: Hey. So I'm currently on Windows 10 using the Xbox Companion App, and I'm trying to join my friend's party chat (who is on Xbox One). However, when I join the party (or they join my party), I can't hear them and they can't hear me. When I speak into my microphone, I can see...
  8. xbox companion app party not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    xbox companion app party not working: on the xbox companion app when I create my own party and other people join I'm able to hear them and they can hear me, but when I join their parties it will be say that me and all other people in the party are connecting. I just got my pc so I'm not sure how to fix it, can...
  9. Xbox party on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox party on windows: When i try to join my friends party on Xbox one it works fine, but on windows it shows they are in a party but when i click on their name it doesnt show they are in a party. This has only been happening recently...
  10. Xbox Party chat not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Party chat not working: Whenever i join i party on my xbox app i can talk and everything works but if i click off of my xbox app voice chat stops working and i cant hear anyone and they cant hear me unless i exit my game and click back onto the app (i am not minimizing the app or closing it, i am...