Windows 10: How to force Mail app to enforce Exchange 2020 mail policies?

Discus and support How to force Mail app to enforce Exchange 2020 mail policies? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello All. I have added an Exchange 2010 email account to my secondary laptop running the latest version of Windows 10 TP - 10122. I can... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ianwuk, May 21, 2015.

1. ianwuk Win User

How to force Mail app to enforce Exchange 2020 mail policies?

Hello All.

I have added an Exchange 2010 email account to my secondary laptop running the latest version of Windows 10 TP - 10122.

I can successfully add the account and configure it and, as with Windows 8, a pop-up message appears asking me to keep my PC more secure and enforce the policies.

I click Enforce but no matter how many times I do this the message just keeps reappearing and asking me the same question so my Exchange account is never synced with the Mail app because it does not seem to accept that I have clicked to enforce the policies.

Is there any way to manually force the mail app or Windows 10 to accept the policies to somehow manually override the pop-up and get my Exchange 2010 email account syned and working?

Thanks for your time.

:)

ianwuk, May 21, 2015

2. Adding an exchange account on office365 that blocks access outside corporate network

In outlook I'm able to add the account as an exchange account.

However in the mail app, exchange and office365 is classified as a single type, and it will autodetect the type to use based on the domain.

Here's where the problem appears. Access to office365 is only allowed with the corporate network, but because that exists, it is redirected to office365 even when trying to add the account outside the corporate network, and I get the error message saying
    that I need to be within the corporate network to add it. There is no way that I know of to enforce exchange.

So the question is this, how do I force the mail app to use exchange?

laurenceputra, May 21, 2015
  3. Windows 10 "Sync your settings" disabled after Fall Creators Update

Well that seems definitive then. As I first said, You don't need to be using Azure AD for the admin to enforce settings (just even having an Exchange or O365 email account receiving mail to the mail/calendar app is enough to enforce restrictions).
    So it sure seems like you proved it now that your Office 365 account is what is enforcing the settings.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 21, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

could you log on to your webmail and check the settings of how much "mobile devices" you have registered there? 10 is maximum allowed and one case i noted this might cause the issue when the list is full (eventho it should be only for phones)

batlhilz, May 26, 2015
  5. batlhilz Win User
    It can show something like this (mine is finnish version of webmail). So even its "phones" only, it adds computers too and the feedback of enforcing policy might not work correctly when the list is full. (translated below)
    Laitteen nimi: (device name) OOZER Laitteen malli: (device model) ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. CG8270 SKU Puhelinnumero: (phone number) Matkapuhelinverkko: (mobile network) Ei käytettävissä (not in use) Laitteen tyyppi: (device type) WindowsMail

batlhilz, May 26, 2015
  6. ianwuk Win User
    Thanks for replying.

I did this already and deleted all mobile devices not being used. That means I have not used 10 so I should not have any issues with this but it still does not allow me to add my Exchange 2010 account to Mail.

ianwuk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to force Mail app to enforce Exchange 2020 mail policies? - Similar Threads - force Mail app

2. Exchange 2016 Undeliverable mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exchange 2016 Undeliverable mail: Hi, I would like to ask you two questions regarding undeliverable mail. 1. Sometimes it happens that I cancel some email account and sometimes some emails still come to it. I would like to set a rule to copy these emails to the info@ mailbox. Please how? 2. Is there any way...
  3. Exchange 2016 Undeliverable mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exchange 2016 Undeliverable mail: Hi, I would like to ask you two questions regarding undeliverable mail. 1. Sometimes it happens that I cancel some email account and sometimes some emails still come to it. I would like to set a rule to copy these emails to the info@ mailbox. Please how? 2. Is there any way...
  4. Mail app keep force closing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app keep force closing.: Anybody else facing the Mail being crashed? This happens while I am trying to reply to a mail. I have updated the app using the MS Store two days ago. submitted by /u/dice_rolling [link] [comments]...
  5. Mail app malfunctioning after May 2020 mail app update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app malfunctioning after May 2020 mail app update: Windows mail app is malfunctioning after its May 2020 update from the Windows Store. The messages I send from my gmail accounts, appear to be sent out to the recipients, but instead of a copy going into my sent folder, it goes to my junk folder. As of June 9th, I am not...
  6. Mail app failing for Exchange accounts, 0x86000c29

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app failing for Exchange accounts, 0x86000c29: I'm trying to link the Mail app to a couple of Exchange email accounts at other companies, and I'm having issues ONLY with one of the four PC's I'm using to do this that I've set up over the past week or so. I actually had the accounts running on only this PC in the past...
  7. Windows 10 mail app and Exchange Servers approach

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail app and Exchange Servers approach: I hope that someone from Microsoft developers read this forum. I have proposal to make Windows 10 mail app have the same approach as Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013 o 2016 (Windows versions) to Exchange Servers 2010, 2013, 2016. In this case, right now, Windows 10 mail app...
  8. Windows 10 Mail doesnt find certificate or ask to enforce policies

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail doesnt find certificate or ask to enforce policies: I have a Windows tablet which had Windows 8.1 installed. On Windows 8.1 the mail and calendar app synced nicely through Exchange ActiveSync. I then upgraded to Windows 10 with the option to save my personal settings but have been unable to sync afterwards. There error message...
  9. Mail exchange 2010 active sync policy not applied

in Browsers and Email
    Mail exchange 2010 active sync policy not applied: I have just upgraded from windows 8.1 on a HP stream 7 and all seems OK apart from when I tried to access my emails using the mail app, this is an exchange 2010 mailbox which uses active sync to sync the emails everything was working fine before in windows 8.1 but now I get...
  10. Mail App & Exchange Account

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App & Exchange Account: My university account comes up with the error code 0x85002012 (Something went wrong: we can't sync right now). Whenever I add the account (via Exchange or manual server configuration) it works for a week to a month, but it starts doing this after some amount of time. Is their...