Windows 10: How to force the properties window open in the foreground!

Discus and support How to force the properties window open in the foreground! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been fighting properties window since I installed window 10...*Mad I use this function a lot. The problem is the properties window opens in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Raner, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Raner Win User

How to force the properties window open in the foreground!

I've been fighting properties window since I installed window 10...*Mad
    I use this function a lot. The problem is the properties window opens in the background.
    So I have to minimize all the windows I have open to see the properties window.
    The weird thing is the properties window is the only one that does that, When I open a new
    window of anything it opens in the forground.
    Is there a way to force the properties window open in the forground...Thanks...

:)

Raner, Feb 3, 2016
  2. drandcpa Win User

Windows 10. Open Programs in foregound

Windows 10. Programs/Apps open in taskbar, but not foreground. Is there a way to open "immediately" in foreground? Thanks

drandcpa, Feb 3, 2016
  3. After Windows 10 Fall Creators Update programs starting foreground even should start minimized

After I got Fall Creators Update to windows 10 following kind of problem appeared, when ever I start Windows:

- Skype for Business starts on foreground even "start the app in the foreground" is not selected in it's settings

- Onedrive for business opens new explorer window on foreground

- Spotify opens on foreground even it's settings there is selected start as minimized

- Hipchat starts on foreground

Any ideas how to get rid of this?

Moved from:
    Windows
    /
    Windows 10
    /
    Windows settings

JuhaJääskeläinen, Feb 3, 2016
  4. Raner Win User

Raner, Feb 3, 2016
  5. Thanks for posting this to help others can you mark this as solved

hTconeM9user, Feb 3, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Feb 3, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Interesting, thanks for the post. I do not have a problem with windows opening up behind other windows and I just checked and

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\ForegroundLockTimeout is set to 0 as the link describes. Sounds like that is supposed to be the default. Was yours a value other than 0?

Ztruker, Feb 4, 2016
  8. Raner Win User

Mine was set 20000 or 2000 can't remember exactly but it was not 0 but it is set to 0 now...

Raner, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to force the properties window open in the foreground! - Similar Threads - force properties window

2. How to fix properties of an app window not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix properties of an app window not open: hi iam yasser.I have a proplem when i click right-click on a app or photo or something else an i click proerties doesnt open i need this properties windowcan you please help me...
  3. How to fix properties of an app window not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix properties of an app window not open: hi iam yasser.I have a proplem when i click right-click on a app or photo or something else an i click proerties doesnt open i need this properties windowcan you please help me...
  4. App with open window cannot be brought to foreground

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App with open window cannot be brought to foreground: In my text processor Notepad++ I regularly do all kinds of text searches. Often I leave the search window open when I switch to another application such as my browser. Unfortunately this doesn't work anymore since the latest Windows update. I can switch away from Notepad++...
  5. App with open window cannot be brought to foreground

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App with open window cannot be brought to foreground: In my text processor Notepad++ I regularly do all kinds of text searches. Often I leave the search window open when I switch to another application such as my browser. Unfortunately this doesn't work anymore since the latest Windows update. I can switch away from Notepad++...
  6. how to windows in Foreground , a simple way?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to windows in Foreground , a simple way?!: I have read complicated ways to get windows in foreground. The easy answer is to set windows to open one at a time. Here's how: open File Explorer, go to view and open options. When 'options' opens click on Change folders. When the dialog box opens, click General and then...
  7. how to windows in Foreground , a simple way?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to windows in Foreground , a simple way?!: I have read complicated ways to get windows in foreground. The easy answer is to set windows to open one at a time. Here's how: open File Explorer, go to view and open options. When 'options' opens click on Change folders. When the dialog box opens, click General and then...
  8. How to STOP Win10 from opening program in the foreground?

How to STOP Win10 from opening program in the foreground?: I have found posts on how to stop this, but nothing tells me how to make this happen. My last Win10 laptop, when I: right clicked on an image in a folder > open with > graphic software, the image would open in the graphic software, but the Folder Would Stay in the...
  9. New window opens in foreground instead of background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New window opens in foreground instead of background: Hi, I recently got a new laptop running windows 10 and when i click on any file on Windows Explorer, it opens up the new window in the foreground. For Example, this gets quite tedious when I want to open up multiple Powerpoints to study, when i click on a powerpoint it opens...
  10. Open windows in foreground

Open windows in foreground: All of a sudden, the windows I open are in the background and cannot be brought to the foreground by clicking on them. Also the task bar has quit sliding out if I have a window opened full screen. I have to downsize the window to get the task bar to slide out from the side....