Windows 10: How to fresh install without microsoft account or password

Discus and support How to fresh install without microsoft account or password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; f14tomcat and Bree - thank you guys. I'm hanging my head in shame - for being too idle and panic stricken to read the tutorials first instead of... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Toby43, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Toby43 Win User

How to fresh install without microsoft account or password

f14tomcat and Bree - thank you guys. I'm hanging my head in shame - for being too idle and panic stricken to read the tutorials first instead of screaming for help. Problem solved! Come the weekend I will find the time to refresh my memory by re-reading that and some of the other superbly produced tutorials. With the lady of the house about to arrive back from a trip and a bit of housework to do, perhaps it wasn't the best time to start looking at an IT problem!
    But a completely new install has yet again proved that there's nothing quite like it for bringing back a certain 'snap' that no amount of tweaking and resetting seems to achieve. And as a bonus, the wifi connection on that laptop which had been prone, inexplicably to dropping out, is now as stable as I could wish for. I'd put that down to Australia having at long last adopted a form of fibre optic cabling (the subject of much criticism) and had tried every suggested solution short of replacing the module itself. A new install has solved the problem.

Toby43, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Toby43 Win User

Simply as in the title.
    I want to instal win 10 without having to use a microsoft account and without having to type in a password every time I login. I want full admin rights to avoid 'you don't have permission' type restrictions. I dimly remember something about auto activation only being possible if a m/soft account is used?
    I did do a fresh instal a few days ago - had to create a /soft acct and p/w and have been unable to disable/remove it since. Inj fact removing the account has prevented access to the laptop completely as the old password is no longer recognised. I tried the netplwiz uncheck "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" but it didn't work.

:)

Toby43, Apr 9, 2018
  3. Changing Password in New User Account

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

From the above description, I see that you have created a new Local account without password but you receive a message indicating that the password I entered is incorrect.

If the account is associated with email account, then the account might be Microsoft account.

Try to reset the password and check.

How to reset your Microsoft account password

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/how-to-reset-your-microsoft-account-password

If the account is not associated with email account, then try to login without entering the password and check.

Let us know the status.

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 9, 2018
  4. How to fresh install without microsoft account or password

Windows 10 account sync

I am trying to find out had to do a fresh install on my machine. After doing so and I log in using my Microsoft account only a few things sync. I get no profile pic I have on file. None of my logins and passwords for edge or IE are syncing. Also my desktop
    theme and colors are not syncing from my other machines. Trying to find out how to fix this without having to re-input everything.

KeithTatro, Apr 9, 2018
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    Read step #21, then go to step #23...

*ArrowClean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

f14tomcat, Apr 9, 2018
  6. Toby43 Win User
    Doesn't work. I have win 10 Home. There's no choice (other than to provide a phone number, email, or Skype) but to use a M/soft acct. I set one up a long time ago -can't remember when or why. But the point is there is no way of not using some ID and a p/w to get into windows - and that's what I want to overcome. Somehow I did it on my wife's laptop last year - but that was a preinstalled version, not a newly downloaded copy from the M'soft site.
    I just find it very intrusive to be forced to do it this way without having any personal choice in the matter. Google accounts and Samsung accounts etc are the same - we are being sunk without trace by organisations insisting things are done their way, with no user choice allowed. Come back Windows 95 - all is forgiven.
    But how do I get out of this account and the need for a password every time I start up?

Toby43, Apr 9, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    I have Home too and I use a local account with no password, it goes straight in to the Desktop when I start up.

When you do a clean install, or you start a new PC 'out of the box' for the first time, you are required to set up a user account. Step #23 of the tutorial you were pointed to is how I've always set up a local account. Microsoft do their best to 'encourage' you to use a MS account, but the option to use a local account is still there, hidden away in the small print.

Bree, Apr 9, 2018
  8. Bree New Member

Bree, Apr 9, 2018
Thema:

1. How to fresh install without microsoft account or password - Similar Threads - fresh install without

2. How to reset Windows password without a microsoft account linked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset Windows password without a microsoft account linked.: I recently realized someone who shared the same number as me had access to my PC via microsoft account. So, I removed all accounts to asssign mine as the administrator of the pc. However, in order to do this you need to enter a window's password. I set up this computer a long...
  3. How to reset Windows password without a microsoft account linked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset Windows password without a microsoft account linked.: I recently realized someone who shared the same number as me had access to my PC via microsoft account. So, I removed all accounts to asssign mine as the administrator of the pc. However, in order to do this you need to enter a window's password. I set up this computer a long...
  4. How to reset Windows password without a microsoft account linked.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to auto repair without account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to auto repair without account password: Good dayz I tried to perform system restore on my system and now it is not loading windows. It s loading a blue screen with the stop code 'critical process died'. Then it initiates automatic repair but it is asking for the account password which I no longer remember. I reset...
  6. How to sign in to Windows with a Microsoft account, but without using a password?

How to sign in to Windows with a Microsoft account, but without using a password?: I'm currently using a Local account on Windows and I haven't set up a password because I don't want to. I just start my PC and it brings me to the desktop right away. Now I want to link my Windows license to my Microsoft account, but for that I have to sign in to Windows with...
  7. Log in to Windows with Microsoft account without password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in to Windows with Microsoft account without password: I have a local user account as well as a Microsoft account on my computer, and it seems to log into the local account first and find that the password is wrong, before asking me to log into my Microsoft account.... but, I have been to Run>netplwiz and unticked users to this...
  8. Microsoft account without password

Microsoft account without password: First of all, sorry for bad english I was wondering if it is possible to have a microsoft account on pc and make it so it doesn't require password to login or do anything with admin privlages? I know that it poses a risk to privacy, and it is not a good practise to have...
  9. Removing a Microsoft account without the password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing a Microsoft account without the password: Hi everyone, I set up a Microsoft account when I first had my computer built - but because I don't actually use that email - I forgot the password. I've been through the form to have it reset twice, but because I've never actually emailed from it or used it apart from...
  10. New Microsoft Account on fresh install

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New Microsoft Account on fresh install: Hi guys. I am thinking of creating a new Microsoft account based on Outlook address when I come to update to Fall Creator's. I want to make Windows set to default settings which you don't get when you log into your current Microsoft account as it syncs the settings....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to instal something without needing the admin password