Windows 10: How to get 8.1.1 now

Discus and support How to get 8.1.1 now in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If you go over to the Eight Forums under general discussion I have posted a link that explains how to get the 8.1.1 now. . .Have it install and working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lee, Mar 6, 2014.

1. LEE
    Lee Win User

How to get 8.1.1 now

If you go over to the Eight Forums under general discussion I have posted a link that explains how to get the 8.1.1 now. . .Have it install and working without any problems at this time. . .Good luck. . .*Smile

:)

2. TomBrad95 Win User

cortana on lumia 520 in the UK

Cortana is only available in the UK with 8.1.1 which came preinstalled with the 73x and 830 phones, however, it will be coming to other phones at the beginning of next year. To get Cortana now, you can change your region, language and speech to U.S. or
    get the preview for developers to get the 8.1.1 update now.

TomBrad95, Mar 6, 2014
  3. TomBrad95 Win User
    how to get cortana in windows 8.1

To get Cortana now you will need to change your region to US but Cortana will come to UK in 8.1.1 which will be coming either at the end of this year, beginning of next.

TomBrad95, Mar 6, 2014
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member
  5. I'm going to wait until the official release is offered. *Wink

Joan Archer, Mar 6, 2014
  6. LittleJay Win User
    Same here.

LittleJay, Mar 6, 2014
  7. LEE
    Lee Win User
    In all reality it isn't really something bad. It just makes things a little faster and more manageable. As far as waiting that is an individual choice, me I just like to get something like this going as soon as possible, just the way I am, albeit I think Microsoft closed the gate. . .not sure though. . .*Smile

8. BunnyJ New Member

How to get 8.1.1 now

I got a hold of all of the KB files and applied the update yesterday. Everything went fine and it's working just fine. Not a single hitch was encountered.

If anyone wants the links to download the 32/64 bit versions PM me.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Mar 7, 2014
  9. I've done the updates too, no issues that I know of. *Smile

alphanumeric, Mar 8, 2014
  10. LittleJay Win User
    I changed my mind and ran the update. So far no issues and a couple of nice additions to the Start Screen, like a power off icon and a close app "X", which appears when you move the mouse to the top of the screen.

LittleJay, Mar 8, 2014
  11. You can pin Metro Apps to the taskbar and you'll get a taskbar under Metro Apps now if you mouse down to the bottom of the screen. I welcome the close X for Metro apps. Makes like easy for me anyways.

alphanumeric, Mar 8, 2014
  12. LEE
    Lee Win User
    "Welcome All New Converts. . ."*Roflmao2. . .now all we have to do is get "Joan" to make the move. . .*Smile

13. How to get 8.1.1 now

*Roflmao2We shall see. *Rolleyes

Joan Archer, Mar 8, 2014
  14. A Guy Win User
    You mean Joan, the only one with a working 8.1 installation? *Biggrin

A Guy, Mar 8, 2014
  15. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Darn didn't know that. . .*Cool

Thema:

How to get 8.1.1 now