Windows 10: How to get a list of installed drivers?

Discus and support How to get a list of installed drivers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had some weird problems after upgrading to Win10 so I did a clean reinstall. Most things got better, but some (very unexpectedly) got worse. I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pokeefe0001, Jun 18, 2016.

1. How to get a list of installed drivers?

I had some weird problems after upgrading to Win10 so I did a clean reinstall. Most things got better, but some (very unexpectedly) got worse. I would like to compare the list of drivers I had installed prior to the reinstall to the list I have installed now. I doubt my new problems are driver related, but I'd like to be sure.

For the "Now" list I know I can look at each device in the Device Manager and copy down the driver information, but that's pretty tedious. Is there a utility that lists them? And can I find that information in backup taken prior to the reinstall? I have an Acronis backup that I can browse, but I don't know how to identify the drivers. (I could, of course, restore my PC back to that level to collect the list, but I'd rather not do that unless I have to.)

BTW, the problem I'm having is with a program that loads hundreds fairly small files from disk (SSD). Prior to reinstall the program would load them all with no noticeable pauses. After the reinstall it loads them in spurts with pauses in between. What used to take about 30 seconds now takes 3 to 4 times longer. On another PC - an old one I use for testing - this same problem showed up when I installed Win10 but was cured with a reinstall. It's frustrating to have the opposite happen on the PC I use daily.

:)

pokeefe0001, Jun 18, 2016

2. How to get list of installed apps?

As it showing only 80 apps after that no effect on clicking on "more" options.

Like ndtv & other apps as I have installed over 120 apps then deleted it now app around 90

mittalarpit1, Jun 18, 2016
  3. How to get list of installed apps?

I wonder if OP maybe didn't notice the little word "more" at the foot of the screen when he logged on?

caitlin1759, Jun 18, 2016
  4. DooGie Win User

How to get a list of installed drivers?

Not a full solution but you could always try Sysinternals Autoruns. You get a row of tabs across the top one of which is drivers. It's downloadable from here Autoruns for Windows

It could be a good starting point for you. No installation is required you just create a directory and unzip Autoruns to it.

DooGie, Jun 18, 2016
  5. pbcopter Win User
    Select start menu ,Type msinfo, select System Information, then Software environment, then system drivers.

pbcopter, Jun 18, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    MSinfo shows lots of info *Thumbs

Also re SSD stutter.... did you check you have the latest Chipset INF installed along with the Best AHCI or Raid driver for your system , W10 didn't get it right on my older Motherboards....

http://www.win-raid.com/t25f23-Which...D-drivers.html

Kbird, Jun 18, 2016
  7. Thank you. That was a great help. Not only did the Autoruns driver display show the drivers, it also showed the base registry key - HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ - that I needed and the image path strings I needed to look for: c:\windows\system32\drivers\ and c:\windows\syswow64\drivers\. (And there was only one wow64 driver so I don't need to programmatically extract that). In theory I can run Autoruns against an offline computer. If I'm lucky I may be able to convince it my backup is an offline computer. If I'm not lucky I can maybe use registry scanners.

pokeefe0001, Jun 18, 2016
  8. DooGie Win User

Pleased it is of some use to you *Smile

DooGie, Jun 19, 2016
  9. I looked at that. I couldn't see a way of extracting a list of all the drivers, but it is easier than using the Device Manager.

You're not the first to point me to that (for a different problem.) I That's why I want to see what I had installed prior to my reinstall. I installed an Intel driver package (one suggested by ASUS rather than from that web site.) It didn't improve anything. Along with the driver it installed Intel RST. I uninstalled that and as near as I can tell, the driver went with it.

I'm not actually sure my performance problem is a drive issue at all because no other program seems to be effected. On the other hand, I've got no other programs that reads hundreds of files and increases my RAM usage by 2GB in a very short time.

pokeefe0001, Jun 19, 2016
  10. Kbird Win User
    Kbird, Jun 19, 2016
  11. I sort of feel like I'm hijacking my own thread here, but I want to travel down the driver replacement path for a bit. As near as I can tell from Fernando's doc, I the best driver for my system is "64bit Intel RSTe AHCI & RAID drivers v13.2.4.1000 WHQL". That is definitely not the latest available, and at least one of the drivers - iaStorA.sys - is not the latest I've got installed (based on the module's timestamp). But I can't associate this driver with any device in Device Manager. What do I do now?

12. derekimo Win User
    Have you looked under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers?

How to get a list of installed drivers? [​IMG]

Double click on it to get properties then the driver tab, driver details.

The latest driver is not always the greatest, if that's the only reason you are updating it, it really isn't necessary.

derekimo, Jun 19, 2016
  13. Kbird Win User

Yes the best driver is not always the latest by intel , which is why I check Fernando's site when I do a reinstall.

http://www.win-raid.com/t25f23-Which...D-drivers.html

iastorA.sys I think is for Raid systems while istor.sys is for AHCI systems...see Derekimo's post above in his pic, looks like he is still running version 10.X.X.X , on an AHCI system istorA.sys wont be active.

***Edit: the difference is drivers before 11.5 use iastor.sys and 11.5 up uses iastorA.sys (and iastorF.sys) for both Raid and AHCI

Fernando recommends version 11.2.0.1006 for just about every Chipset but the table in the 1st post makes it easy to decide.

Kbird, Jun 19, 2016
  14. That's the first place I looked, and I expected to see something like what you showed. Instead I see:

How to get a list of installed drivers? [​IMG]

yet Windows say I have some level of the Intel driver installed:
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStorA ImagePath System32\drivers\iaStorA.sys

15. Oh. I'm using ACHI, not Raid. So that means the driver is installed but not used? Then I'll try installing the recommended driver.

Hmm. With my level of knowledge I didn't find anything in the Fernando posts particularly easy to understand. I thought he said that for Intel 8 series chipsets that 13.2.4.1000 was the preferred driver and that 11.2.0.1006 might not run. The Belarc Advisor says I've got Intel Series 8 C220 chipset.

Thema:

1. How to get a list of installed drivers? - Similar Threads - list installed drivers

2. Why this driver keep getting installed!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why this driver keep getting installed!: Can anyone tell me why this particular driver keep getting installed? I usually use a zebronics headphone so whenever i connect my zebronics headphone this audio driver pops us with it and for some reason it stops working when i change the audio to speakers realtek. And i...
  3. Why this driver keep getting installed!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why this driver keep getting installed!: Can anyone tell me why this particular driver keep getting installed? This usually happens when i connect my zebronics headphone and for some reason it stops working when i change the audio to speakers realtek. And i noticed that if i disconnect my Headphone USB the driver...
  4. Driver block list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver block list: Just got a new laptop and the driver block list in core isolate doesn’t appear any idea on how to be able to get that visible on that screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-block-list/4a8efe18-1cdf-4386-aaed-dba983af0f08
  5. Driver block list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver block list: Just got a new laptop and the driver block list in core isolate doesn’t appear any idea on how to be able to get that visible on that screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-block-list/4a8efe18-1cdf-4386-aaed-dba983af0f08
  6. Windows 10: How can I get list of currently installed programs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10: How can I get list of currently installed programs?: How can I get list of currently installed programs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-how-can-i-get-list-of-currently/ccfba83f-d11b-43bd-8994-5e89c98059bd
  7. How to get folders as lists not details

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get folders as lists not details: I'm new to win10 ver 1909. My folders show as details. I prefer them shown as lists. I go to to the view tab/options/change folder search options/view/apply yo all folders but they still show up as details when I go back to them. Is there a way to permamently keep them as...
  8. How to list all installed third-party drivers on Windows PCs

in Windows 10 News
    How to list all installed third-party drivers on Windows PCs: Drivers play an important part in Windows as they add certain capabilities or support for certain hardware devices to the operating system. Windows operating systems come with a set of default drivers that ensure that things work reasonably well and don't require users to...
  9. Brother driver not in my list at installation but in the Brother people list

Brother driver not in my list at installation but in the Brother people list: HI, I need to install the driver of my HL-5070N printer on my new Windows 10 computer but the driver is not in the list at Windows Update (I took a picture) but the people at Brother can see it in their lists (sent me a picture). I am in Luxembourg, they are in Belgium, not...
  10. Hardware ID not listed in driver installer

Hardware ID not listed in driver installer: Hello. I have an HP Laptop that has an audio driver with a hardware ID of HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E5&SUBSYS_00000100 However, the only driver available is for windows 8.1 and this driver installer is made for my specific laptop model. The thing is, the hardware...