Windows 10: How to get are my own Sticky Notes back?

Discus and support How to get are my own Sticky Notes back? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just have installed Sticky Notes from Store, Ver. 1.1.41.0 , but I can not see my Notes, I just get one Blank Note to see, last Version I could see a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adalwar, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Adalwar Win User

How to get are my own Sticky Notes back?

I just have installed Sticky Notes from Store, Ver. 1.1.41.0 , but I can not see my Notes, I just get one Blank Note to see, last Version I could see a Blank and one with my old notes.

I have important notes there, how do I get them back?

Thanks

:)

Adalwar, Nov 2, 2016

2. Lost my Sticky Notes after I installed new updates

My sticky notes were gone too and I really need them. Typing sticky notes in the search box did not bring anything up. You cannot uninstall KB3176936 as the option is not there. Fix this!! How do I get my notes back?!?!? Along with that is a slew of other
    problems, such as printing or attaching files. This is a nightmare.

I found you can bring Sticky Notes up using the programs list, but all my "old" sticky notes are gone. There was info on them I need. Where are they!!

VivianGullickson White, Nov 2, 2016
  3. sticky notes has vanished again

cant find my sticky notes ... wont open from Windows ink - when I press the sticky notes link I just get a blue screen...

Have found the StickyNotes.snt file but don't have a clue how to go on...

Sticky notes not visible in windows accessories

any help gratefully received

Debs

DebbieArnwen, Nov 2, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Did your old Sticky Notes offer a Backup feature for your notes? Did you use it? If so the new version may have an Import or Restore feature. Also, a new version upgrade will overwrite the old version but whether data is lost or not is where the data gets stored, most Windows-based programs will default to Documents or Pictures or Videos, etc., depending upon the program and format.

Berton, Nov 2, 2016
  5. Adalwar Win User
    This is the Microsoft Sticky Notes and has no "options" at all.
    Last Version I had, some 2-3 weeks ago, was retrieving automatically my old Notes. With this one, they do not show up.

Adalwar, Nov 2, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    Oh, thought you may have been using one of the other 'brands' of Sticky Notes available such as offered by Evernote. If so there would be a compatibility issue.

Berton, Nov 2, 2016
  7. A perfectly fine, free, stable, well-supported, 3rd-party alternative is Stickies by Tom Revell.

Stickies

It is relatively no frills, but it does what it says and says what it does.
    Personally I prefer version 8.0c, but the current version (9.x) is designed for Win10.

I have been using it for years, from XP to 10.

Cheers,

MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 2, 2016
  8. Adalwar Win User

My question is not about a new/better Sticky Notes, my problem is how do I get my old Notes back.

Indeed, I hate and I have no understanding at all, seems I am playing with Computer Freaks, that Updates are just breaking things and letting me hang around, losing my precious time because of that disabled people.

Adalwar, Nov 2, 2016
  9. Adalwar Win User
    Again, after many hours of frustration, Try and Error, the only way was to do a Windows Repair to W10-1607.0.
    Now I have to spend many hours updating to 315.

With StickyNotes from W10-1607.0 I did get all my previous Notes and Stored them as TXT file.

Anyway that StickyNotes is "dangerous" because when closing it pressing the "X" it will DELETE the entire Note.
    To close it and storing the Note, I have to use the Icon on Taskbar and close it there.
    No more StickyNotes for me. Probably no more Apps from Store and Updates.....I will think very well before. Good Bye

Adalwar, Nov 4, 2016
  10. Hi:

Glad you were able to resolve your issue.
    Thanks for letting us know.

And that's why I suggested a good alternative...*Wink

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to get are my own Sticky Notes back? - Similar Threads - are own Sticky

2. how do i get my sticky notes to stay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get my sticky notes to stay: Hi. I use sticky notes all the time & when I am using the browser & click on Sticky Notes they appear but then as soon as you click back onto the browser, the notes disappear. It would so useful if there was the option to keep the sticky note in view while still dealing with...
  3. how do i get my sticky notes to stay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i get my sticky notes to stay: Hi. I use sticky notes all the time & when I am using the browser & click on Sticky Notes they appear but then as soon as you click back onto the browser, the notes disappear. It would so useful if there was the option to keep the sticky note in view while still dealing with...
  4. Is there any way to get back locally saved sticky notes?

Is there any way to get back locally saved sticky notes?: Sticky notes was glitching out and I could not make a new note, and somewhere it was suggested to uninstall the app to fix the issue. So, I uninstalled sticky notes because it said my documents would not be affected so I assumed my sticky notes were safe. Well, turns out...
  5. How to get Sticky Notes to autostart on my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get Sticky Notes to autostart on my PC: My PC at work has Windows 10 Pro installed and i recently found out about Sticky Notes, very useful programm and i’d like to have it autostart when i boot up my PC! I thought i could put a shortcut of it in shell:startup but i wasn’t able to find Sticky Notes in my programm...
  6. How to get sticky notes update

How to get sticky notes update: Sticky notes has the version 3.7 released, but I got v2.8 from Microsoft store. How can I get the update? I want to sync my notes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-sticky-notes-update/21eba3f0-0ead-4ab6-a3a4-62bafa7325d1
  7. Sticky Note

Sticky Note: Hi! After Windows update I can't open Sticky Note App. It shows that i'ts loading, but then disapear. I have there infomation that i really need and i understand that I can't use App reset option....
  8. Back up Sticky Notes

Back up Sticky Notes: I use Microsoft Sticky Notes a lot and want to routinely back them up. I'm having no success with any of the methods I've found. I found the Sticky Notes folder under the Microsoft folder, but after trying it one time I can no longer find it. I also have no StickyNotes.snt...
  9. Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky Notes: Hi! I have Windows 10. How do I turn off the hyperlinks on my Sticky Notes? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes/651eb2ef-de96-4508-8bcc-5e7df8412514
  10. Sticky Notes Doesn't Open My Backed Up plum.sqlite Notes

Sticky Notes Doesn't Open My Backed Up plum.sqlite Notes: Hi! I backed up my plum.sqlite file and tried transferring it to another Windows 10. Inside the file, I can see that the info with all my text is within the code but when I open Sticky Notes, only 1 blank note appears, not any of my past notes. Is there a way to resolve...