Windows 10: How to get back recent taskbar changed by MS?

Discus and support How to get back recent taskbar changed by MS? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [Desktop Dell Inspiron 560 4gb RAM; high speed cable; MS Windows10, 64bit; Windows Live Mail 2012(awful!!!); MS Word Pro 2003; Mozilla Firefox;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Adela, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Adela Win User

How to get back recent taskbar changed by MS?

[Desktop Dell Inspiron 560 4gb RAM; high speed cable; MS Windows10, 64bit; Windows Live Mail 2012(awful!!!); MS Word Pro 2003; Mozilla Firefox; AvastAV; Windows Media Player; Adobe Reader; Adobe flash Player]

Yesterday (1-22-16) my email program came all back after being deprived of it for the last 2 full weeks.
    BUT. . .I don't like what they did with my taskbar! Could someone please tell me how to change it back to how it was?

Now each time I have to switch from email to browser, I have to click several times on their vertical up/down arrows. This isn't working for me.

Anyone help please? Thanks so very much!!!

:)

Adela, Jan 22, 2016

2. How to get back recent taskbar change by MS?

Hi,

My apologies for the delayed response.

Thank you for updating on the issue.

This issue might occur if the Windows system files goes corrupted. I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Run the SFC scan

Run the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker tool, also know as "System File Checker" or "sfc". This tool scans and verifies the integrity of all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct versions.
    Here's how:

1. Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).

2. In the Command Prompt, type the following command, sfc /scannow
    and then press Enter.

3. Wait until the process completes. This usually doesn’t take longer than 20 minutes with a regular hard disk and

takes much shorter when you have a fast SSD drive.

4. Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the system.

Step 2: Run the DISM tool

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines to fix any files that System File Checker can't repair:

1. Right click on Start, click on Command Prompt (Admin).

Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth and press Enter.

Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth and press Enter.

Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press Enter.

2. Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jan 22, 2016
  3. Leidirosa Win User
    How to get back recent taskbar change by MS?

Forgot to tell you that I accidentally made a pen mark on the screenshot and couldn't erase it. It's a blue crooked line starting from the left side of the taskbar. Please ignore it. Thanks.

Leidirosa, Jan 22, 2016
Thema:

How to get back recent taskbar changed by MS?

1. How to get back recent taskbar changed by MS? - Similar Threads - recent taskbar changed

2. How to get back pre-installed MS apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get back pre-installed MS apps?: My pre-installed Microsoft apps one day stopped working. I once sent my laptop for repair as it got a virus after I got it back, all Microsoft Office apps suddenly stopped, and now they are asking me to "buy" the same products. Please help me get my apps back...
  3. How to get back pre-installed MS apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get back pre-installed MS apps?: My pre-installed Microsoft apps one day stopped working. I once sent my laptop for repair as it got a virus after I got it back, all Microsoft Office apps suddenly stopped, and now they are asking me to "buy" the same products. Please help me get my apps back...
  4. How do I get the weather back on the taskbar?

How do I get the weather back on the taskbar?: After a windows 11 update, instead of my weather showing on the left side of the taskbar, the widget icon is showing. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-weather-back-on-the-taskbar/3c3e8ad1-9760-4f35-86e7-db664ac6591a
  5. How to change Search bar back in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Search bar back in taskbar?: So, I'm not sure if it's because of a new update, but my search icon is now much bigger. Instead of just a magnifying glass, it's a magnifying glass along with the word "Search" next to it. It takes up a lot more space and feels really redundant. How can I change it back?...
  6. How to change Search bar back in taskbar?

How to change Search bar back in taskbar?: So, I'm not sure if it's because of a new update, but my search icon is now much bigger. Instead of just a magnifying glass, it's a magnifying glass along with the word "Search" next to it. It takes up a lot more space and feels really redundant. How can I change it back?...
  7. How to get back ms Paint?

How to get back ms Paint?: Hi,some days ago I removed Paint from the start menu right click>uninstall, and today I was looking to install it again but I can't find it neither in Microsoft Store nor in Optional Features. Does anyone have any idea how to get it back? System: Windows 10 build 21376...
  8. Taskbar At Bottom Gone. How To Get Back, Please ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar At Bottom Gone. How To Get Back, Please ?: Hello, For some reason, the bar at the bottom of my screen (Taskbar ?) has disappeared. ( Not at the edges either) How do I get it back, please ? Thanks, Bob 179045
  9. How to get back old network icon in taskbar??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get back old network icon in taskbar??: Windows 10 1903 (aka the May 2019 update) introduced a new networking tray icon, which gets shown when the PC is offline: However, I don't like this icon, because first, it also shows when the PC is connected to a network, but doesn't have internet access ( aka intranet...
  10. How to get cortana icon back on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get cortana icon back on taskbar: how to get cortana icon on taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-cortana-icon-back-on-taskbar/ba8d6178-9bb4-43f6-9b46-74358f381a20