Windows 10: How to get back shortcut (LNK) icon?

Discus and support How to get back shortcut (LNK) icon? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I'm using MysticThumbs. There is possible to hide and show filetype icon overlay. I'm using also Stardock Fences - there's not this option. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MIRKOSOFT, Apr 30, 2018.

1. MIRKOSOFT Win User

How to get back shortcut (LNK) icon?

Hi!

I'm using MysticThumbs. There is possible to hide and show filetype icon overlay. I'm using also Stardock Fences - there's not this option.
    I have all set as show.
    Problem is that shortcut (LNK file) has not icon ovelay (small arrow) - but not everywhere - on desktop only!

How to get it back?

Thank you for help.
    Miro

:)

MIRKOSOFT, Apr 30, 2018
  2. Niko24 Win User

Frequent sites list on internet explorer 11 disappears often

it's Shortcut (.lnk)

Niko24, Apr 30, 2018
  3. Unable to pin icons to Taskbar after making registry changes

Hi,

"Undo" the registry edit. Add the "IsShortcut" registry value back for .lnk file type.

Better method to hide shortcut arrows is to override the default icon using "Shell Icons" registry key.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 30, 2018
Thema:

How to get back shortcut (LNK) icon?

1. How to get back shortcut (LNK) icon? - Similar Threads - shortcut LNK icon

2. How to get default icons back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get default icons back?: Adobe photoshop and illustrator Icons were missing, I went on youtube and found a video the told me to go to the appdata folder in my useraccount and delete the iconcach.db file then restart, which i did the icons came back but im now having the rectangles instead of the...
  3. How to get the icons back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get the icons back: After moving OneDrive off of the SSD system disk and starting OneDrive on demand, two things have happened that are inconvenient:some icons are just dummies on the desktop and taskbar. How may I change the setup to return the icons to normal?when I start TurboTax software, I...
  4. How to get the icons back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get the icons back: After moving OneDrive off of the SSD system disk and starting OneDrive on demand, two things have happened that are inconvenient:some icons are just dummies on the desktop and taskbar. How may I change the setup to return the icons to normal?when I start TurboTax software, I...
  5. Shortcut lnk -- Access is denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut lnk -- Access is denied: I need your help with this shortcut link that I try to correct but I didn't. What I did is to right-click the desktop shortcut link of Microsoft Train Simulator (outdated but still can run the game) to Properties of this link. Then I change the line in Target box to add "...
  6. How to expose *.lnk and other valid shortcut extensions

in Windows 10 Support
    How to expose *.lnk and other valid shortcut extensions: this is maddening folks, and I don't know a category here at tenforums that works for the question. I am having to go through every file due to a really bad problem with copy integrity, so using tools to fetch and order both healthy and damaged files. Links/shortcuts are...
  7. .lnk shortcuts will not sync in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .lnk shortcuts will not sync in OneDrive: I use multiple photography and video programs. I organize shortcuts to those files in folders for easy access. I also use desktop shortcuts to some of the more frequently used programs. Desktop shortcuts and shortcuts within folders with .lnk extensions will not sync with...
  8. .lnk shortcuts will not sync with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .lnk shortcuts will not sync with OneDrive: I use multiple photography and video programs. I organize shortcuts to those files in folders for easy access. I also use desktop shortcuts to some of the more frequently used programs. Desktop shortcuts and shortcuts within folders with .lnk extensions will not sync with...
  9. Cortana cannot find shortcut files (.lnk)

in Cortana
    Cortana cannot find shortcut files (.lnk): My computer that is running Windows 10, desktop search or Cortana, cannot find the shortcut files (files with the extension .lnk). The problem occurred after the update. I hope to help....
  10. Missing icons how to get back

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing icons how to get back: My icons are missing and i have these three icons in top left corner. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/missing-icons-how-to-get-back/012f7e8a-3ff9-4142-acfd-25eecdf552af