Windows 10: How to get colored title bars in background windows?

Discus and support How to get colored title bars in background windows? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; With the new Windows 10 November update it is now possible to change the color of the window title bar. But sadly this only works for the window that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by phorris, Nov 14, 2015.

1. phorris Win User

How to get colored title bars in background windows?

With the new Windows 10 November update it is now possible to change the color of the window title bar. But sadly this only works for the window that is in front and the background windows are still all white. I often click on the wrong spot when i want to move a window in the background and i want to know if there is a way to color all window title bars and not only the one in front. I know there is a way but that requires some modifying from a theme which i dont want. I would like to change it with windows settings if thats possible so there wont be a windows update that changes it again.

:)

phorris, Nov 14, 2015

2. how to get colored window title bars in windows 10

In Windows 10, the default theme is locked to white. You can choose to use a High Contrast theme if you want further color options.

The Windows 10 Insider "fast" beta 10525 build previewed allowing color on the title bar again. That should be coming to users at some future point.

The theme hack some people might point you to is pretty bad: it uses a locked MSStyles file, which is going to break future work we're doing here. This is bad. If you can avoid that, please do.

zachd [MSFT], Nov 14, 2015
  3. how to get colored window title bars in windows 10

That'll corrupt your theme. Don't suggest that.

zachd [MSFT], Nov 14, 2015
  4. tracit99 Win User

You can use this tutorial by Brink located here:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...-a.html?filter[1]=Appearance Personalize.

It does involve themes which you did not want, but at this time this is the only way I have found to do what you want which is changing title bar color from white on inactive windows. On a personal note I have been using this theme for the past several builds and I have never had any windows update or upgrade change it in anyway so far.

tracit99, Nov 14, 2015
  5. phorris Win User
    I see. I dont think im gonna use that Theme trick. Guess i have to wait and hope that Microsoft will add such a feature in the future.

phorris, Nov 14, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    The theme is fine (or was when I used it initially). Another way is to use Aeroglass, which deals with the active/inactive colours as well as adding transparency. (The symbols update was updated very quickly after the upgrade came out for compatibility). It's configurable using a utility from the same site).

I've used it throughout Win 8,8.1, and now in 10.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to get colored title bars in background windows? - Similar Threads - colored title bars

2. Different colors for each title bar window.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different colors for each title bar window.: Hello, in my day-to-day work, I open several windows of the same software and I use two monitors. However, as the color of all titlebars is the same, it is very hard to find the right window I want to edit. I click multiple times until "discover" which is the correct window I...
  3. Different colors for each title bar window.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different colors for each title bar window.: Hello, in my day-to-day work, I open several windows of the same software and I use two monitors. However, as the color of all titlebars is the same, it is very hard to find the right window I want to edit. I click multiple times until "discover" which is the correct window I...
  4. Settings App title bar color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings App title bar color: Windows 10; 1909. I set "Settings > Personalize > Colors > Choose your color" to dark and the Settings App's title bar is black like background, how do I change it? 145752
  5. Settings App title bar color

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings App title bar color: Windows 10; 1909. I set "Settings > Personalize > Colors > Choose your color" to dark and the Settings App's title bar is black like background, how do I change it? 145752
  6. Title bar and task bar color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Title bar and task bar color: [ATTACH] why is the title bar and the task bar not the exactly same color when set? the top bar always appears a little brighter than the start and action center it's the same with transparency effect, the button is always a little darker is it supposed to be this way?...
  7. How to get color on document title bars?

How to get color on document title bars?: I do get color on windows but not on individual Word documents. There must be a simple fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-color-on-document-title-bars/676368ff-70e3-4d1b-a37e-dee68a88a7d4
  8. title bar color, windows 10

title bar color, windows 10: Is there any possibility to make active window title bar color exactly the same as the accent color, not darker? I am using "automatically pick an accent color from the background" on and dark mode. I would like brighter colors on active window title bar. Thank you....
  9. show color on title bar

show color on title bar: In build 14905 and the latest, 14915, the title bars are black and you can't colorize them. 62261
  10. Colored Windows Title Bars

Colored Windows Title Bars: No Colored Windows Title Bars. I had this problem with my other computer. That computer had myriad of problems including the white title bar problem. To fix it I, (on the advise of someone on this forum), download a file. That fixed the problem. For all the...