Windows 10: How to get DVD's to play/autoplay (w10x64 Pro)

Discus and support How to get DVD's to play/autoplay (w10x64 Pro) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; W10 x64 Pro I've tried several DVD's. They all work in my MBP and Mac Mini without issue. The DVD's are not showing up in Windows Media Player and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 10userNYC, Sep 29, 2015.

1. 10userNYC Win User

How to get DVD's to play/autoplay (w10x64 Pro)

W10 x64 Pro
    I've tried several DVD's. They all work in my MBP and Mac Mini without issue. The DVD's are not showing up in Windows Media Player and I even tried VLC player and they didn't play. I have a bunch of store-bought movies that I've been experimenting with so this isn't like I burned a DVD and did it wrong. Specifically, I attached a PC to the TV so that my SO can watch workout/yoga videos. The DVD's show up in Explorer and I can browse the files on them but not play them. I appreciate any advice/suggestions, I work from home and watching her do yoga on her days off is something I'm very much looking forward to *Smile.
    Thanks.

:)

10userNYC, Sep 29, 2015

2. dvd won˝ t work

Hi,

I use win 10 pro x64, when i insert dvd or cd it does not autoplay ,and my settings are on to autoplay ,when i go to my computer and click on dvd to start playing it tells me there is no dvd inside.

I tried burn dvd still the same ,i didnt change anything and i am not getting any errors

Screenshot

This is my dvd model type if you can help me !

Thanks !

goranmihic, Sep 29, 2015
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Hi. I have a dvd/ cd rom on my lap top. for some reason i can't play my dvds no more can someone plz

Hi Caroline,

Conflicts with your AutoPlay default settings
    is one of the possible reasons why you are having issues when inserting a DVD on your DVD drive. To resolve this, kindly follow the steps below on how to change your AutoPlay settings:

• Press the Windows key, and type DVD, and select the result labeled
      Autoplay settings.
    • You should see four DVD entries in the AutoPlay settings, including DVD movie,
      Enhanced DVD movie, and DVD-Audio. Set the AutoPlay default for each of these items to
      Play DVD (Windows DVD Player) under the drop down menu for each entry.
    • The Windows DVD Player app should now automatically launch when a disc is inserted.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Sep 29, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Windows 10 doesn't have the codecs to play DVD'S. I don't use VLC, but Kodi let's you play DVD's(not sure about Blu Ray's though)

Cliff S, Sep 29, 2015
  5. 10userNYC Win User
    So the only way to play DVD's on W10 with Microsoft software is to pay for the $15 app?

10userNYC, Sep 29, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    No there is enough free software out there. Like Kodi or Media Player Classic Home Cinema.

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to get DVD's to play/autoplay (w10x64 Pro) - Similar Threads - DVD's play autoplay

2. DVD Autoplay

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVD Autoplay: Running Windows 10 I have installed a free media and dvd player called Media Player Classic MPC. I can set this application as the default player for media files, and it all works fine. When I open a DVD with the application, it opens and run without any issues. When...
  3. dvd drive will not autoplay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd drive will not autoplay: dvd drive will not autoplay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-will-not-autoplay/225b4b4c-fdbe-42b6-ac2e-6c9e4996e936
  4. How to play DVD movie on my Microsoft Surface Pro???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to play DVD movie on my Microsoft Surface Pro???: I installed a DVD movie on my external DVD player and Win 10 encountered an error. I cannot believe that I spent a fortune on this device only to find it won't play DVD movies. I looked through programs at Control Panel and see nothing there. Then I tried to download Win...
  5. Autoplay not working for RW DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Autoplay not working for RW DVD: I am not sure when it quit i.e. which update because I use it so seldom. The error message is that Disk needs to be formatted in Explorer, but when Autoplay is invoked, nothing happens. Tried with multiple DVDs RW was when I found issue, but tried -R & +R just to be sure...
  6. how do i get a dvd to play on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i get a dvd to play on my computer: how do I get a dvd to play on my desk top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-dvd-to-play-on-my-computer/52b0c1cc-d1de-4d75-9f59-367db0e54bbd
  7. How to get a external dvd to play on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get a external dvd to play on windows 10?: I just bought an external dvd player because I have a Dell computer that does not have a dvd player. I have windows 10 and it just won't play a dvd of my friend's wedding. How can I fix this problem?...
  8. Burning DVD mp3 files with autoplay for domestic DVD player?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Burning DVD mp3 files with autoplay for domestic DVD player?: I want to make a music DVD from mp3 files - Windows DVD maker is long gone. I can use alternative software if there's nothing in Wimdows 10, but I also want the DVD to autoplay when put in to a domestic DVD player. How do I do it?...
  9. how to play mp3 dvd?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to play mp3 dvd?: What are the settings to play mp3 dvd? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-play-mp3-dvd/d641aca1-e24e-4afd-958c-76ff7f8e0a4d
  10. BSOD W10x64 Pro - 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD W10x64 Pro - 0xc000021a: I upgraded from W7 x64 pro to W10 x64 pro. Everything transferred the machine was up and running. I usually leave it running and let the power settings put it to sleep and turn it off. I noticed it was on and went to go look and see BSOD. Tried restart, debug, reset and save...