Windows 10: How to get "Frequent" items when opening a new IE 11 tab like before?

Discus and support How to get "Frequent" items when opening a new IE 11 tab like before? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It seems after an Internet Explorer 11 update, new tabs now show "Top Sites" and a "My Feed" (which you can turn off in settings accessed via the new... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rasmasyean, Jun 21, 2017.

1. How to get "Frequent" items when opening a new IE 11 tab like before?

It seems after an Internet Explorer 11 update, new tabs now show "Top Sites" and a "My Feed" (which you can turn off in settings accessed via the new home web page).

First of all, what are these "Top Sites"? They certainly don't look like MY top sites. It's a new promotion thing with the option to customize it to a redundant "Favorites Bar"?

Regarding the "Frequent" items, how do you get this back into the new tabs. It seems the only way I found to get them is to open an entirely new window. Is that actually a bug, and the update was intended to eliminate the "Frequent List"?

Thanks.

:)

rasmasyean, Jun 21, 2017

2. IE Tabs now load pages of Junk MS thinks I like

If you're referring to the New Tab page...

Internet Options> Tabs> When a new tab is opened, open: The new tab page,

not The new tab page with feeds.

Don

Don Varnau, Jun 21, 2017
  3. IE doesn't open my new tabs , instead it opens something that looks like a combination of Bing and MSN

Internet Options> Tabs> When a new tab is opened, open:

The new tab page

not

The new tab page with my news feed.

Don

Don Varnau, Jun 21, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

How to get "Frequent" items when opening a new IE 11 tab like before?

How to get "Frequent" items when opening a new IE 11 tab like before? [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 21, 2017
Thema:

How to get "Frequent" items when opening a new IE 11 tab like before?

1. How to get "Frequent" items when opening a new IE 11 tab like before? - Similar Threads - Frequent items opening

2. How to get file explorer to open the last open folder ie: documents when opening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get file explorer to open the last open folder ie: documents when opening?: How to get file explorer to open the last open folder ie: documents when opening? It always opens to the list of all folders; is there any way to have it open to the previously open folder? Thank you! --dan...
  3. How to get file explorer to open the last open folder ie: documents when opening?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get file explorer to open the last open folder ie: documents when opening?: How to get file explorer to open the last open folder ie: documents when opening? It always opens to the list of all folders; is there any way to have it open to the previously open folder? Thank you! --dan...
  4. How to open pinned items in a new tab in Windows Taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to open pinned items in a new tab in Windows Taskbar: Conventionally, the internet consists of posts that prevent this behavior. But I want to design my workspace such that the pinned items will be separate from the open windows. Does anyone know how to achieve this? submitted by /u/prashanth360 [link] [comments]...
  5. IE 11 missing tabs

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 missing tabs: I have a weird situation. When I have IE 11 with multiple tabs opened and pull one of them off to a second monitor it looses it's tabs. IE 11 never did that in Windows 7. I have another coworker whose IE does the same. Odd. What's the deal and how do I fix that? 98683
  6. IE 11 will not open live.com

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 will not open live.com: Continually says something went wrong and won't log me in on the site. I have put it in compatibility mode and no go. Tried disabling all the add-ons and no go. Tried "Run as Administrator" and no good. Google Chrome it works 100%, Edge works 100% just won't work with IE11...
  7. New Tab Window looks like Edge when using IE

in Browsers and Email
    New Tab Window looks like Edge when using IE: In an attempt to resolve another problem I have reset my IE11 settings. I wish I hadn't but too late now. One problem is that when I click on the New Tab box a window opens that looks like the Edge Home Page without the menu options. Previously there used to be boxes showing...
  8. IE "Open Microsoft Edge" Tab, want to remove it, how?

in Browsers and Email
    IE "Open Microsoft Edge" Tab, want to remove it, how?: After updating to the CU 1703, IE now has an "Open Microsoft Edge" TAB which I'd like to remove. Its becoming annoying as I'm accidentally clicking it when wanting to just open a new TAB. Had a good look in the Advanced settings and under TAB settings but didn't see any way...
  9. How do I get Frequent tabs to work?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I get Frequent tabs to work?: Frequent tabs are empty [img] Tabbed browsing default settings [img] How do I get Frequent tabs to work? 63917
  10. IE 11 does not open

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 does not open: I have been using windows 10 home for a few months now but have not needed Ie 11, so have not tried to open. I now do need this browser. when I click on the icon it does not open. I get the spinning blue circle but then this goes away with no browser. Please note that I have...