Windows 10: How to get HDR video on your Windows 10 PC

Discus and support How to get HDR video on your Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When you’re watching high dynamic range (HDR) video on your PC, colors are more vivid. You find more details in the darkest and brightest parts of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

How to get HDR video on your Windows 10 PC

Read more: Windows 10 Tip: Find out how to get HDR video on your PC - Windows Experience Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Aug 27, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

can not turn on 10-bit video decoding for enabiling HDR mode

Hi tahmid alam fahim,

To play streaming high dynamic range (HDR) video in Windows 10 (version 1803), the built-in display for your laptop, tablet, or 2-in-1 PC needs to support HDR. To find the specifications for a specific laptop or tablet, visit the device manufacturer’s website.

Here are the requirements:

• The built-in display needs to have a resolution of 1080p or more, and a recommended max brightness of 300 nits or more.
    • The Windows 10 device needs to have an integrated graphics card that supports PlayReady hardware digital rights management (for protected HDR content), and it must have the required codecs installed for 10-bit video decoding. (For example, devices that
      have a 7th Generation Intel Core processor, code-named Kaby Lake, support this.)

To check if your Windows 10 PC has the required hardware to display HDR, and to find out if your display supports HDR10, yo ucan follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows logo key + R, type
      dxdiag
      , and then select OK.
    • Select Yes at the prompt.
    • In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, on the System
      tab, look in the System Information area.
    • To save the information to a file, select Save all
      information, and then name and save the text file.
    • Open the text file, and look at the value for HDR Support. If it says
      Supported, this indicates that your display supports HDR10.

Upon researching, I have checked that your device does not support HDR mode. You can check this

link
    for more information.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Aug 27, 2018
  3. R-T-B Win User
    HDR Washed out on Windows 10

That was suggested in post number 3 I thought?

R-T-B, Aug 27, 2018
  4. How to get HDR video on your Windows 10 PC

Windows 10 on Sony XD800 4k HDR are missing setting HDR on/off

Hello Devlin,

The issue start after buy new TV (Sony XD800) and update to "creaters update" on "win 10" which support hdr.

If stream 4k hdr content from from WMP to TV, all work is well.

Now use Win 10 - 10.0.16299 build 16299.

For troubleshooting I change resolution\color depth\video driver. On TV setup "enchanced mode" on hdmi.

Lex Arsitov, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

How to get HDR video on your Windows 10 PC

1. How to get HDR video on your Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - HDR video

2. Built-In Display Overexposes HDR Video Streaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-In Display Overexposes HDR Video Streaming: My laptop claims to support HDR Streaming Video, but I know that it isn't true HDR since my laptop lacks local dimming. As far as I understand, HDR streaming compatibility on built-in displays is achieved through tone mapping. My laptop has both a dGPU Dedicated Graphics...
  3. Built-In Display Overexposes HDR Video Streaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-In Display Overexposes HDR Video Streaming: My laptop claims to support HDR Streaming Video, but I know that it isn't true HDR since my laptop lacks local dimming. As far as I understand, HDR streaming compatibility on built-in displays is achieved through tone mapping. My laptop has both a dGPU Dedicated Graphics...
  4. Why does my streaming hdr video setting keep on turning off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my streaming hdr video setting keep on turning off?: I have an iMac 2017 model running bootcamp and I use display port 1.2 to connect to my ASUS tuf monitor. I'm not quite so sure as to why this particular setting keeps on turning off. I make sure to disconnect my iMac display so it wont interfere with the hdr process. I have...
  5. Why does my streaming hdr video setting keep on turning off?

Why does my streaming hdr video setting keep on turning off?: I have an iMac 2017 model running bootcamp and I use display port 1.2 to connect to my ASUS tuf monitor. I'm not quite so sure as to why this particular setting keeps on turning off. I make sure to disconnect my iMac display so it wont interfere with the hdr process. I have...
  6. How to get HDR video streaming to work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get HDR video streaming to work?: I'm trying to enable HDR video streaming, the setting page says that it is supported, and the display meets the requirements listed in the support page, but when i try to enable it, the preview doesn't change, and if i change any other setting, like the SDR brightness, the...
  7. How to get HDR video streaming to work?

How to get HDR video streaming to work?: I'm trying to enable HDR video streaming, the setting page says that it is supported, and the display meets the requirements listed in the support page, but when i try to enable it, the preview doesn't change, and if i change any other setting, like the SDR brightness, the...
  8. Tại sao tôi không thể xem được bản xem trước hiện thị diện mạo của video trong HDR ở phần...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tại sao tôi không thể xem được bản xem trước hiện thị diện mạo của video trong HDR ở phần...: Xin lỗi vì viết bằng Tiếng Việt nhưng tôi không biết nhiều về Tiếng Anh nên mong được thông cảmHiện tại thì như câu hỏi tôi đặt ra đó thì tôi muốn biết là làm sao để có thể xem được bản xem trước hiện thị diện mạo của videoMô tả :tôi vào trong mục HDR của cài đặt thì mấy cái...
  9. Tại sao tôi không thể xem được bản xem trước hiện thị diện mạo của video trong HDR ở phần...

Tại sao tôi không thể xem được bản xem trước hiện thị diện mạo của video trong HDR ở phần...: Xin lỗi vì viết bằng Tiếng Việt nhưng tôi không biết nhiều về Tiếng Anh nên mong được thông cảmHiện tại thì như câu hỏi tôi đặt ra đó thì tôi muốn biết là làm sao để có thể xem được bản xem trước hiện thị diện mạo của videoMô tả :tôi vào trong mục HDR của cài đặt thì mấy cái...
  10. Why does entering full screen when playing back HDR video when in HDR, disable it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does entering full screen when playing back HDR video when in HDR, disable it?: Hi,My machine:CPU_7 5800XGPU_3070TiRAM_32BG3200MhzMOBO_X570-A Prohas been playing HDR content back no problem - both on YouTube and from files on the machine. Today I've encountered a weird issue, where entering Full Screen mode, while playing back HDR movies from storage,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. for playing hdr games and watching hdr videos on windows 10 is it better to have the display set to ycbcr444 limited or rgb full