Windows 10: How to get headphones and speakers to stop playing at same time?

Discus and support How to get headphones and speakers to stop playing at same time? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop, and when I plugged my headphones in, my laptop wasn't recognizing them. It was seeing them as a mic and sound just kept playing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by emily444, Oct 5, 2016.

1. emily444 Win User

How to get headphones and speakers to stop playing at same time?

I bought a new laptop, and when I plugged my headphones in, my laptop wasn't recognizing them. It was seeing them as a mic and sound just kept playing over the speaker.

I messed around and now I can plug headphones in and they are working but my speakers are now playing at the same time that my headphones are.

My headphones still aren't popping up in the devices part of my sound manager.

I've already updated my drivers as much as they can be. I have realtek HD audio manager.

How to get headphones and speakers to stop playing at same time? [​IMG]

:)

emily444, Oct 5, 2016

2. Headphones and Speakers are playing at the same time

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I see that you have tried installing drivers, however if you have not tried installing latest driver from the manufacturer website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

Please get back to us with the updated status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Headphones and Speakers are playing at the same time

None of the methods work.My drivers are up to date

Windows10xl, Oct 5, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

In the Realtek Panel, Click on the "Device Advanced Settings" on the upper right of that panel. The option is in the Advanced Settings.

fireberd, Oct 5, 2016
  5. emily444 Win User

separate input jacks? nothing happens. this is the only thing that pops up in advanced.

emily444, Oct 5, 2016
  6. fireberd Win User
    That option is in my Realtek. However, the problem may not be Realtek but a problem with the headphone jack. Or even with your headphone? What headphone are you using? Also, what type of jack is in your HP? Do you have a specific headphone jack or is it a combination headphone/mic jack? As this is "new" it may be best to contact HP in case there is a hardware problem.

This has nothing to do with your speaker problem, but Stereo Mix should be set as the default Recording Device. If you ever want to record audio from the Internet you must have Stereo Mix.

fireberd, Oct 6, 2016
  7. erpster4 Win User
    emily444, what is the brand & model no. of your laptop?
    Run either DirectX diagnostic tool (dxdiag.exe) or Microsoft System Information tool (msinfo32.exe) to gather this important information.

erpster4, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to get headphones and speakers to stop playing at same time? - Similar Threads - headphones speakers stop

2. Sound coming from Headphones and Speakers at the same time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound coming from Headphones and Speakers at the same time.: I have my headphones connected in the front port, my speakers in the rear port but sound is coming out from both. All the drivers are up to date and I have enabled the “Mute the rear output device, when a front headphone plugged in” in Realtek Audio Control and also I don’t...
  3. Two Bluetooth Headphones or Speakers at the same time.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two Bluetooth Headphones or Speakers at the same time.: Here are some pictures of the setup. The two powered speakers are 12 ft apart and I don't want to run a wire between them. The built-in Bluetooth on the Windows 10 PC is paired with both of the BTI-018 Bluetooth receivers. I can play music through each speaker's separately...
  4. Speaker / Headphones playing at same time and they are 1 drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker / Headphones playing at same time and they are 1 drive.: Hello , so I have this problem for a long time. I use to have 2 drives the speaker and my headphones then I plug out my headphones and I when plug them in back Windows didnt recognized themJACK PORT. I tried to plug out and plug in and also didnt work then I download realtek...
  5. headphones and speakers are working at the same time after the update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    headphones and speakers are working at the same time after the update: i have this problem where after the 1903 update my laptop has sounds coming from the speaker and headphones when i unplug or plug in the headphone it doesnt say audiojack is plug in by something i need help please...
  6. I want the PC's speakers and the headphones to play at the same time

I want the PC's speakers and the headphones to play at the same time: I need to hear the sound coming from my computer both through the PC's speakers and through the headphones I've connected to my PC at the same time. How do I do this? This is Windows 10....
  7. Headphones and speakers playing at the same time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Headphones and speakers playing at the same time: Yesterday i was trying to fix an issue with microphone echo on my new lenovo laptop which led to me reintalling my audio drivers after this both my speakers and headphones are playing at the same time. my headphones are not showing up in playback devices or recording devices...
  8. Laptop speakers and plugged in headphone audio plays at the same time

Laptop speakers and plugged in headphone audio plays at the same time: Just downloaded the most recent Windows 10 update. But now, even when my headphones are plugged in, I get audio from both the headphone and the internal speakers. Instead of a separate "speaker" and "headphone" sections in the sounds menu, it's listed as...
  9. Sound plays through speakers and headphones at same time

Sound plays through speakers and headphones at same time: My audio wasn't working at first so I checked my device manager and saw that my intel high definition audio device was missing so I manually downloaded it and used intel device support to make sure it was all updated now the sound works but when I plug in my headphones the...
  10. Using headphones and speakers at the same time.

Using headphones and speakers at the same time.: I recently bought a new headset and desktop. I just tried out the headset and found it to be amazing, but I was wondering how I could get sound to go through both the headset and speakers on my speakers system. The desktop is in Windows 10, and it's a Lenovo, and I can...