Windows 10: How to get "Key Sequence" macros to work? Steelseries Merc Stealth Keyboard ZEngine

Discus and support How to get "Key Sequence" macros to work? Steelseries Merc Stealth Keyboard ZEngine in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How to get "Key Sequence" macros to work? Steelseries Merc Stealth Keyboard ZEngine Got the ZEngine to work, but not "Key Sequence" macros. ex: Left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sad-icus, Aug 8, 2018.

1. sad-icus Win User

How to get "Key Sequence" macros to work? Steelseries Merc Stealth Keyboard ZEngine

How to get "Key Sequence" macros to work? Steelseries Merc Stealth Keyboard ZEngine

Got the ZEngine to work, but not "Key Sequence" macros.

ex: Left side Gamepad, "Jump/Space" key
    In ZBrush, the Standard Brush sequence is Assigned the "B" "S" "T" combo.

saved that in ZEngine to the "Jump/Space" key, the code looks like:

{`b`},WAT01,<`b`>,WAT01,{`s`},WAT01,<`s`>,WAT01,{`t`},WAT01,<`t`>

it only works as the "Jump/Space" key no matter what Key Sequence is assigned to it. Even with Delay applied.

Merc Keyboard Code

To Get ZEngine working in Win10, This worked for me:

Step 1
    In your C:\Program Files(x86)\Ideazon\ZEngine copy the Kernel2k directory to preserve an original untampered version.

Step 2
    In the Kernel2K dir, rename every file that starts with Alpham or alpham to something else.
    (ex. Alpham1.sys > Merc1.sys)

Step 3
    Open the renamed Merc12.inf file in a text editor (Notepad++, etc) and do a similar find and replace on "Alpham" replacing with "Merc" (or whatever you used), replace all. save the file.

Step 4
    Open an elevated command prompt. Click start, type in cmd, right click on it and select to run as administrator
    BCDEDIT -Set LoadOptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    BCDEDIT -Set TESTSIGNING ON

REBOOT!

Step 5
    Install the unsigned driver. (in this case the merc12.inf)

In Device Manager locate the entries "Ideazon Merc MM USB Human Interface Device" and "Ideazon Merc USB Human Interface Device".
    Right click > update driver > browse computer > Let me pick > Have Disk > Browse > manually select your newly renamed merc12.inf. Acknowledge any unsigned driver warnings.

Step 6
    Open an elevated command prompt. Click start, type in cmd, right click on it and select to run as administrator
    To re-enable driver signing enforcement enter:

BCDEDIT -Set LoadOptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    BCDEDIT -Set TESTSIGNING OFF

REBOOT!

:)

sad-icus, Aug 8, 2018

2. Merc Stealth Zboard not working after Windows 10 KB4034674

Same issue. The manufacturer is not existing anymore since steelseries bought them, the latest drivers you can find here

SteelSeries Engine Software - GameSense & Customization | SteelSeries

Z-Engine for Merc, Merc Stealth, Zboard, and Fang English 64bit

It worked totally fine in windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 until the latest update. For now ZEngine software starts but cannot find the keyboard. Only basic functionality works - no macros in games, no special buttons etc. I tried to run it in compatibility mode (win
    7 mode) - no change.

My OS version is 15063.540 Windows Pro N 64 bit.

timber woof, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Law Sayer Win User
    SteelSeries Merc Stealth Keyboard and Windows Update

Yes i have tried reinstalling the driver direct from Steelseries website this now fails to install. I can install it fine on windows 7 and on windows 10 only if it does not have Creators update. It is only after i update my windows 10 to latest cumulative
    update breaks 'trust' with the Merc Stealth Alpham Driver.

This is crazy its a keyboard why break it?

Many other people with this keyboard also have enquired as to what has happened and if there are any work arounds but not many are asking why.

cant be too hard to add the Alpham driver back since it was removed after 10 years for no reason.

The issues the update causes is for Win10 to distrust the Alpham driver for the Merc Stealth keyboard. It breaks the functionality of the keyboard's custom keyset that sits on the left side of the board. After messing with the original driver (changing
    the file name from Alpham to Merc) and disabling driver signing it reinstalls and works until you guessed it Windows updates again. I dont want to disable Windows update service and leave my PC without updates but at the same time i dont want to have to change
    a perfectly good keyboard for no apparent reason.

Law Sayer, Aug 8, 2018
  4. How to get "Key Sequence" macros to work? Steelseries Merc Stealth Keyboard ZEngine

KB4034674 now KB4038788 disables Steelseries/Ideazone Merc Keyboard

The topic was addressed here; but, apparently breezed over due to a prevalent discussion.
    No Support: Steelseries refuses to update the driver. No surprise, it took them forever to release the half-baked x64 driver (Win 7 x64 signed) that we users currently work with. And, I doubt MS is going to do anything because the user base of this product is the size of a flea on a elephants ass...

Reality: Which doesn't change the fact that hundreds of users are without the full function of their keyboards(Merc Stealth) or Gamepad(MercFang). So, I come here to tenforums.com seeking the sages/gurus help.

The problem lies in a driver file Alpham164.sys which after the KB4034674 release, is now deemed unsafe. Cough.. Bullshit! It has worked for ~10 years, that is the apex of "SAFE".
    How to get "Key Sequence" macros to work? Steelseries Merc Stealth Keyboard ZEngine [​IMG]

The Workaround: Currently, we users that are in the know, are uninstalling the update. However, it's cumulative and this is going to become more difficult over time.

What we need is a way to tell Windows that this file is safe. I'm pretty sure disabling driver signature enforcement, side-loading, and developer mode have all been attempted, to no avail.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

References:
    Cumulative Update KB4034674 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.540
    https://www.reddit.com/r/steelseries/comments/6suq0j/psa_windows_10_update_kb4034674_breaks_z_merc/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...3-d81e3c63f151

Dirtydeedz, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

1. How to get "Key Sequence" macros to work? Steelseries Merc Stealth Keyboard ZEngine - Similar Threads - Key Sequence macros

2. Merc Stealth Keyboard Issue still?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merc Stealth Keyboard Issue still?: WHY ARE WE MERC STEALTH KEYBOARD OWNERS BEING PUSHED TO BUY A NEW KEYBOARD?Finally I had to update my Win 10 1709 PC to 22H2 update....Disgusted to see I had to rewrite my Merc Stealth keyboard drivers all over again and enable unsigned driver install yet again to get...
  3. Merc Stealth Keyboard Issue still?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merc Stealth Keyboard Issue still?: WHY ARE WE MERC STEALTH KEYBOARD OWNERS BEING PUSHED TO BUY A NEW KEYBOARD?Finally I had to update my Win 10 1709 PC to 22H2 update....Disgusted to see I had to rewrite my Merc Stealth keyboard drivers all over again and enable unsigned driver install yet again to get...
  4. Merc Stealth Keyboard Issue still?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard Key randomly stops working as well as macro.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Key randomly stops working as well as macro.: Hi, I have a allow origins 60 by hyperx. I've noticed when I'm playing a game or doing something that requires me to click my "d" key It will sometimes just not work. It happens to often It gets me killed in what ever game I'm playing or I have to click it multiple times for...
  6. Merc Stealth Zboard not working after Windows 10 Update again

Merc Stealth Zboard not working after Windows 10 Update again: Every time win 10 updates it deletes my Zboard drivers the old thread is locked: Merc Stealth Zboard not working after Windows 10 KB4034674 even the ones I rename as per the previous discussions. Yes the keyboard is very old but its in perfect condition and works well. It has...
  7. SteelSeries Merc

SteelSeries Merc: Hello everybody, It seems that everybody owning this older keyboards or gaming fangs IdeazonSteel Series was let down by Microsoft. From what I read the only viable solutions are revolving around disabling digitally signed drivers. And because this solution can't disable...
  8. Z merc keyboards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Z merc keyboards: Did anyone ever get the zmerc keyboard to a full working gaming keyboard? If you did please tell me how you did it. b o b o b a l 8 3 at h o t m a i l d o t c o m ....
  9. SteelSeries Merc Stealth Keyboard

SteelSeries Merc Stealth Keyboard: i am having trouble with my keyboard still and need some serious help with it. i see the posts about changing the names of the files or what ever they are called but i cant do it ive tried and i cant. Does someone have the right ones that will let my keyboard work right? i m...
  10. KB4034674 now KB4038788 disables Steelseries/Ideazone Merc Keyboard

KB4034674 now KB4038788 disables Steelseries/Ideazone Merc Keyboard: The topic was addressed here; but, apparently breezed over due to a prevalent discussion. Hello. This KB4034674 breaks the merc stealth keyboard software and driver. Has been reported worldwide by every merc stealth "active" user (yes, we are few people). The problem is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. zboard merc windows 10

2. merc stealth keyboard windows 10 default keybosrd driver

3. how to get macros to work sequentiallu

4. steelseries rgb keyboard how to