Windows 10: How To Get Latest Build After Reverting To Earlier Build

Discus and support How To Get Latest Build After Reverting To Earlier Build in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Somewhat unusual situation here. A machine running the latest build (11102) got badly infected by malware. It was such a major attack that I was about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ArtShapiro, Jan 24, 2016.

1. How To Get Latest Build After Reverting To Earlier Build

Somewhat unusual situation here. A machine running the latest build (11102) got badly infected by malware. It was such a major attack that I was about to reload the earlier day's image from my Windows Home Server. But it seemed even easier to revert to the previous build, not yet removed from the Windows.old folder. This I did, and everything soon was running fine as expected.

The issue is that the Updates check is not offering Build 11102 again. This isn't a showstopper; I'm sure there will be another newer build soon. But it would be nice to be back up on this latest build, just as all my other Win10 machines are running.

Does anyone know how to make this happen?

:)

ArtShapiro, Jan 24, 2016

2. 0x8024402f error after upgrading to Windows 10 Build 14942 161003-1929

Thanks for the suggestion. I did the repair, however there is some issue with the latest build. After reverting to an earlier one it worked.

With the latest build I could not load gmail, could not download the latest Firefox nightlies, etc.

It is some network setting related issue.

Szabolcs Horvath, Jan 24, 2016
  3. Unable to update after uninstalling latest preview build

So, I recently brought an HP Spectre x360, and was having a few problems with after I updated it to the latest Windows preview build. So, I decided to uninstall it and revert back to the earlier build(10240). Now, I changed my mind, and want to update
    again to the latest build, but when I go to check for new updates, it says I don't have any(which is untrue). So, how can I update again to the latest build?

ChrisHarris31, Jan 24, 2016
  4. brummyfan Win User

How To Get Latest Build After Reverting To Earlier Build

Hi,
    If you have set it on Fast ring, it will be updated after 24 hrs, so need to be patient.

brummyfan, Jan 24, 2016
  5. It's now been 2 1/2 days, so I think this assertion might not be true.

ArtShapiro, Jan 24, 2016
  6. lx07 Win User
    You can upgrade using the ISO if you made one during any of your other upgrades (mount it and click on setup.exe).

If you didn't make an ISO perhaps you still have the esd file hanging around somewhere and you can convert it. ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File - Windows 10 Forums

If you can't find the esd anywhere you could clean install previous build (in a VM perhaps) and wait for it to download the upgrade and then make an ISO...

7. cereberus Win User
    Reverting to an older version via windows.old is no guarantee of clearing malware. I would recover via image backup.

cereberus, Jan 24, 2016
  8. How To Get Latest Build After Reverting To Earlier Build

I'm fairly confident now after spending time working with the services and registry. MalwareBytes, AdAware, and Eset Online Scanner all come up clean.

I found the ISO for 11002 on the web, and have downloaded it. I haven't yet mustered the courage to try it - vague fears of wiping out my current installation, although I have Windows Home Server as daily protection.

ArtShapiro, Jan 25, 2016
  9. I finally had some free time to try the ISO, and instead I was pleased to see a brand new build today. It was offered and installed without incident. We Are Happy.

Art

ArtShapiro, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How To Get Latest Build After Reverting To Earlier Build

1. How To Get Latest Build After Reverting To Earlier Build - Similar Threads - Latest Build Reverting

2. Windows Build update reverted my windows to an earlier version!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Build update reverted my windows to an earlier version!!: I tried updating my windows build and after installing and restarting my computer, I signed in to my account. After signing in, I noticed that it has reverted to an older version of my computer with old setup of files, old desktop placement and more. How do I fix this? Send...
  3. Windows Build update reverted my windows to an earlier version!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Build update reverted my windows to an earlier version!!: I tried updating my windows build and after installing and restarting my computer, I signed in to my account. After signing in, I noticed that it has reverted to an older version of my computer with old setup of files, old desktop placement and more. How do I fix this? Send...
  4. Windows Build update reverted my windows to an earlier version!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrading from earlier Win 10 builds to latest - Performance thoughts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Upgrading from earlier Win 10 builds to latest - Performance thoughts: Hi there, in a small school we're using some laptops which are running Windows 10 Pro 1909, on machines sporting a CPU with Passmark index of 2000, 8GB and SSD. So far, performance is fair. In your opinion, would it make sense to upgrade machines to later builds, or will this...
  6. Upgrading from earlier Win 10 builds to latest - Performance thoughts

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading from earlier Win 10 builds to latest - Performance thoughts: Hi there, in a small school we're using some laptops which are running Windows 10 Pro 1909, on machines sporting a CPU with Passmark index of 2000, 8GB and SSD. So far, performance is fair. In your opinion, would it make sense to upgrade machines to later builds, or will this...
  7. Revert To Build-1909 From Build-2004

Revert To Build-1909 From Build-2004: Hi everyone. I'm currently running Windows 10 Home build-2004 but I find it pretty buggy on my system so would like to revert to build-1909. Unfortunately the 1909 ISO is no longer available on the Microsoft website. Can anybody advise what is the best route to take? I don't...
  8. Revert To Build-1909 From Build-2004

in Windows 10 Support
    Revert To Build-1909 From Build-2004: Hi everyone. I'm currently running Windows 10 Home build-2004 but I find it pretty buggy on my system so would like to revert to build-1909. Unfortunately the 1909 ISO is no longer available on the Microsoft website. Can anybody advise what is the best route to take? I don't...
  9. Latest Win10 build?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Win10 build?: I am not a MS "insider" and have just received the below update. Is this the latest version? [img] 40351
  10. Go back to an earlier build - Get started >>>> IS NOT WORKING.

Go back to an earlier build - Get started >>>> IS NOT WORKING.: Hello there. This is my first time posting in a windows forum so please bear with me. So, I tried the 1607 Anniversary Update from Windows 10 and it caused me lags and freezes in my desktop, so now I want to revert back to my former build. But, Windows is not letting me do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will reverting to an earlier version of windows 10 solve my problem with my computer hanging a lot