Windows 10: How to get Microsoft to publish symbols when a new build is released

Discus and support How to get Microsoft to publish symbols when a new build is released in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time a new build is publicly released, there seems to be a period of weeks before Microsoft remembers to make the symbol files available on their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ztruker, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Ztruker Win User

How to get Microsoft to publish symbols when a new build is released

Every time a new build is publicly released, there seems to be a period of weeks before Microsoft remembers to make the symbol files available on their symbol server or symbol download server. Makes it impossible to look at dumps and get anything meaningful from them.

Right now, any of the Creator Updates versions can't be debugged because the symbols are not available.

Making the symbols available should be a part of the release process. Actually it should be one of the check points required before a public release is made.

:)

Ztruker, Apr 15, 2017
  2. Gerry C J Cornell, Apr 15, 2017
  3. How to get a new OS, Since Microsoft is no longer selling Lumia phones after the end of 2016

I was wondering if there is any way to port a new OS to an old Lumia 640 or 950. I ask this as Microsoft has announced it is no longer selling Lumia Device after 2016. I would like to have a supported device as I will not be able to get a new device if
    my phone breaks. Since that is a realistic view, I would like to be able to run a version of Android so I can finally have some Apps.

I know it is a big surprise to everyone, but even Microsoft has thrown out the adverts for having its phone apps available on their own service. Take LinkedIn, it was purchased by Microsoft, yet it still has not put the app logo on the bottom of the app page,
    even though there is an app for it. Most of the other Microsoft owned services are only showing Android and IOS logos to consumers as well. Now Microsoft may be banking on a big reveal, but I doubt it. Nothing or maybe far and few were fully ever ported successfully in
    Project Astoria, Project Centennial, Project Islandwood, and Project
    Westminster.

Now I might be wrong with nothing came out of it.
    But all I remember are the broken promises! Astoria has failed and Microsoft pulled it, maybe it worked too well. Project Islandwood is still waiting to fail, as developers don't even want to try to use it, as they don't want to have that work and then
    have Microsoft pull that one too. Project Westiminster is one that no one wants, as "EVERYONE" hates Web wrapper apps... or so we are told. And Project Centennial... It never had a chance. Why would any company even try to rebuild an app that they already
    have built, to then have to pay money to sell it in the "Windows App Store"? I mean they are currently pay nothing for people to download it from them right now. What is the benefit? On top of this businesses don't pay money when they get it for free, nor
    do they worry about getting caught using bootlegged/copyrighted materials and applications. So why would they do this?

So back to my question of running a new OS. Would anyone know how to do this? The phone hardware is pretty solid and I really don't want to just throw it away after the OS support go away too.

Larry...O_o, Apr 15, 2017
  4. tracit99 Win User

I don't know if this will help. I know it says Insider Preview but it might be worth a try.

Symbols MSI Insider Preview – Build 15063 32-bit 64-bit

Source bottom left of Insiders Preview page.

tracit99, Apr 15, 2017
  5. Ztruker Win User
    That appears to be the same as what I already have: Windows_Rs2.15063.0.170317-1834.x64FRE.Symbols.msi. Doesn't help with dumps from the updates on top of 15063.

Ztruker, Apr 16, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I uninstalled all versions of the SDK using Revo Uninstaller Pro and deleted the symcache folder. Installed the 10586 version of the SDK and now I am able to read all dumps again. I have not downloaded any symbol .msi sets, just letting the symcache (G:\Symbols in my case) build up as windbg is used.

I will try uninstalling the 10586 version and installing the 15063 SDK and see if that will work or not.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to get Microsoft to publish symbols when a new build is released - Similar Threads - Microsoft publish symbols

2. Microsoft Publisher Download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Publisher Download: If i close my laptop will the download restart or resume when i reopen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-publisher-download/c598bdd7-d402-44d3-a9ab-fb0a849845db
  3. HOW TO GET INFINITY SYMBOL IN NOTEPAD ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW TO GET INFINITY SYMBOL IN NOTEPAD ?: WELL I USE ENGLISH US - ONE LOGO WINDOWS KEYBOARD AND I USE NOTEPAD BUT I CANNOT GET THE INFINITY SYMBOL THERE . I NEED HELP FOR THAT ... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-infinity-symbol-in-notepad/a4c4d95a-66f3-4f02-b0c3-1096f87fc310
  4. Red symbol when trying to get a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Red symbol when trying to get a game: I've been trying to download minecraft windows 10 edition as of late and i cant seem to install the game onto my PC. This symbol appears on my cursor when i hover over the install button. Is there something I am doing wrong? What can i do to prevent this from Happening...
  5. How to Publish Language in Microsoft

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Publish Language in Microsoft: Hi! I am Tamim. Am from Bangladesh. And I want to publish a Language in Microsoft. Is there any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-publish-language-in-microsoft/d612c74a-40f5-4f81-aee4-c1c2595a6e79
  6. Microsoft publishes new wallpapers for Windows 10 devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft publishes new wallpapers for Windows 10 devices: Microsoft recently published a new set of wallpapers for Windows 10 which are available for download right now from the Microsoft Store. The new wallpapers – Pi Day, An African Safari and Smiling Creatures can be installed on any Windows 10 devices for free. Although the...
  7. Microsoft is not planning to release a new Windows 10 Insider build this week

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is not planning to release a new Windows 10 Insider build this week: Microsoft is hard at work in adding new features and improvements to its next major update codenamed “19H1” which the company plans to release in the Spring/April 2019. Microsoft’s Brandon LeBlanc has confirmed that Microsoft will not be releasing any new Fast Ring builds...
  8. Microsoft releases new Insider build 10828 for Office suite on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases new Insider build 10828 for Office suite on Windows: Microsoft has just released September 2018 update for Office Insiders, bringing a bunch of improvements and fixes. These changes would become available to public customers once testing with Insiders is complete. At the moment, the new Office preview build is available for...
  9. Microsoft releases Windows 10 Build 17692 for Insiders with new features

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases Windows 10 Build 17692 for Insiders with new features: Microsoft is today rolling out yet another build from the Redstone 5 branch to the beta testers. The company today released Windows 10 Build 17692 (RS5) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring and Skip Ahead. Windows 10 Build 17692 comes with new features and improvements....
  10. Will Windows 10 get new ISO when SR1 is released?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will Windows 10 get new ISO when SR1 is released?: Or will it only be available from Windows Update? 12191