Windows 10: How to get mouse running again ????

Discus and support How to get mouse running again ???? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My machine aotumatic updated to 1803 17134.228 and it seems like it will NOT accept my USB ports ! I have my mouse in an USB !!!!!!!!!! Can you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by keldsor, Aug 16, 2018.

1. keldsor Win User

How to get mouse running again ????

My machine aotumatic updated to 1803 17134.228 and it seems like it will NOT accept my USB ports !

I have my mouse in an USB !!!!!!!!!!

Can you imaging install/troubleshoot with no mouse working ... mission imposible !

How can I get my mouse running again

OR

RE-INSTALL 1709 version

I HAVE tried the method turning off/on 3 times in a row and the 4. time it will start "recovering" ... but it's still 1803 !!!!

I can NOT choose 1709 !!!!!!

What to do ????

Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

:)

keldsor, Aug 16, 2018

2. Wandering mouse

Hi,

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to adjust the mouse speed and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type mouse on the search bar and select Mouse and touchpad settings.
    • Select Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Select Pointer Options and adjust the mouse speed under Motion.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Mouse

Hi,

There are a lot of possibilities why the issue occurred. To isolate this
    matter, we have some questions for you:

• When did this issue start?

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried using
      the mouse to another computer?

• Have you checked if the drivers are updated?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and check if there are any changes. To run the Troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar,
      type Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to
      run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists, kindly post
    us the screenshot
    of the diagnostic result of the troubleshooter.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Logitech Wireless Mouse

Hi Ken,

Not working wireless mouse could be due to the following:

• Outdated device driver
    • No device driver installed
    • Faulty wireless mouse receiver

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you done any changes (like updating your Windows) on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using using your wireless mouse on other computer and checked if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried updating your wireless mouse driver?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to run Windows troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, then click
      Run the troubleshooter

If the troubleshooter didn't work, you can check this
    article
    about updating your wireless mouse driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

1. How to get mouse running again ???? - Similar Threads - mouse running again

2. How to get my mouse to work again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get my mouse to work again?: My mouse used to work perfectly, but I downloaded something on steam related to an xbox controller, my laptop restarted and my mouse doesn’t work anymore!!!!...
  3. How to get my mouse to work again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get my mouse to work again?: My mouse used to work perfectly, but I downloaded something on steam related to an xbox controller, my laptop restarted and my mouse doesn’t work anymore!!!!...
  4. How to get my mouse to work again?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do I get the transparency effects on windows 11 to run again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the transparency effects on windows 11 to run again?: My Windows 11 PC has been running transparency effects ever since I updated it, back in October or November of 2022. It had all the Transparency effects working fine and I have received the feature and quality updates so far. Last month, I got an update after which it stopped...
  6. mouse again and again

mouse again and again: So I have looked for the answer to this problem so many places and times...my bluetooth mouse stops working...it says "paired" and even sometimes says "connected" but no it doesn't move the mouse on screen. Microsoft was asked this question as far back as win7 -> and...
  7. Mouse again

Mouse again: Err... My mouse is all over the place. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-again/46fba077-332f-4f35-8408-de5048227b5e
  8. How to get OneDrive running again without Windows reset?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get OneDrive running again without Windows reset?: OneDrive does not start: OneDrive icon on taskbar is not showing up. Q: How to get OneDrive running again, without having to reset / re-install Windows. I have tried following: 1) reset: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset 2) manually start: Start > All...
  9. How do I get Windows Defender running again

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get Windows Defender running again: I had a problem with my program of Windows Defender as they are not running at the moment. All I see is when I clicked Threat service has stopped. Restart it now. Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again. Now how do I get this working again? Any idea...
  10. How to get mouse running again ????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get mouse running again ????: My machine aotumatic updated to 1803 17134.228 and it seems like it will NOT accept my USB ports ! I have my mouse in an USB !!!!!!!!!! Can you imaging install/troubleshoot with no mouse working ... mission imposible ! How can I get my mouse running again OR...