Windows 10: How to get out of Explorer Search results?

Discus and support How to get out of Explorer Search results? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Search for something in Explorer and no matter where you click around the path stays stuck at (for example) Search results in Photos > Found folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Galane, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Galane Win User

How to get out of Explorer Search results?

Search for something in Explorer and no matter where you click around the path stays stuck at (for example)

Search results in Photos > Found folder

Open a subfolder and it stays at Search results in Photos > Found folder > Subfolder

Right click and open in new window and it keeps the same Search results path. Clicking the up arrow takes it back to the search results, then to Desktop.
    How do I get Search results in > replaced with <i>the actual path</i> to the found folder?

The left pane can be clicked in and Search results in > goes away - along with the right pane being what you were looking for so yo have lost what you were looking for.

This needs a fix so that when a folder in the results is doubleclicked it goes to the actual path and changes the left plane display to open the tree from the drive root to that folder.

:)

Galane, Apr 6, 2018
  2. Tee_Tee Win User

How to get out of loop?

Hello John Fer,

My problem - the initial here - cannot be resolved this way. Hope that Nick's can. The loop in my computer starts immediately after booting. I cannot get to "settings" or "sign-in screen" in order to find
    the solution you are telling.

I'm looking forward to your reply, as you asked me to give more information for you to know more. I expected that you'd go on resolving the problem after given that information, and I believe you will.

Tee_Tee, Apr 6, 2018
  3. John Fer Win User
    How to get out of loop?

Hi Nick,

We suggest trying to start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking. This will start Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. Check this
    link
    to know more on how to perform Safe Mode.

Let us know how this goes.

John Fer, Apr 6, 2018
Thema:

How to get out of Explorer Search results?

1. How to get out of Explorer Search results? - Similar Threads - Explorer Search results

2. How to auto-populate search results in Windows Explorer Search?

in Cortana
    How to auto-populate search results in Windows Explorer Search?: I finally switched to Windows 10 Pro today. Among all the other things that simply do not work as well as they did in Windows 7 Pro, the standard Windows Explorer Search bar does not appear to have the basic functionality of automatically populating results as the user types...
  3. How to auto-populate search results in Windows Explorer Search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to auto-populate search results in Windows Explorer Search?: I finally switched to Windows 10 Pro today. Among all the other things that simply do not work as well as they did in Windows 7 Pro, the standard Windows Explorer Search bar does not appear to have the basic functionality of automatically populating results as the user types...
  4. How to auto-populate search results in Windows Explorer Search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows explorer search partial results

in Cortana
    windows explorer search partial results: strange behavior: windows 10 pro windows-explorer, while using the regular explorer search bar not Cortana, the results displayed are only from files whos filename begins with the letter "A"your thoughts appreciated...
  6. windows explorer search partial results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer search partial results: strange behavior: windows 10 pro windows-explorer, while using the regular explorer search bar not Cortana, the results displayed are only from files whos filename begins with the letter "A"your thoughts appreciated...
  7. windows explorer search partial results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. File Explorer search not getting expected results when searching Sharepoint locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer search not getting expected results when searching Sharepoint locations: I have many file names that include the date in the MMDDYYY format. for example: 01132020 Request 123456 Approved 01152020 Request 123457 Approved 02012020 Request 123460 Approved 02022020 Request 123462 Denied 2020 Approved Requests Log These files are in my...
  9. Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders: I apologize if I get some of the terminology wrong. Hopefully the screenshots will help. Basically if I open Windows Explorer and select Pictures from the Navigation page, I can search for a file (IMG_2354) and find it correctly. The file is located in...
  10. File Explorer Search: Results not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Search: Results not opening: When I use File Explorer Search in my user folders, the results appear to have lost their association and do not open when I click them. Before search: [img] After search for "Get" [img] Note the icons have gone, the folder is not listed. Clicking the file does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explroer cant get out of search

2. how to get out of explorer

3. break out of search in windows explorer

4. file explorer get out of search,
  5. windows explorer get out of search