Windows 10: How to get out of safe mode boot without logging in?

Discus and support How to get out of safe mode boot without logging in? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok, need help with a self induced catastrophe. I went into msconfig, to set Safemode booting so I could run Malware scans. One small problem, I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Axeman6ft7, Jun 22, 2016.

1. How to get out of safe mode boot without logging in?

Ok, need help with a self induced catastrophe. I went into msconfig, to set Safemode booting so I could run Malware scans. One small problem, I can't remember my original Admin password. Haven't used it since day 1. I always used the 4 digit pin,. I don't want to crack or circumvent anything, I just need to get it OUT of safe mode booting and back to normal boot so I can use my pin and get back into the system. Once I can boot normally again, I can get in with the pin and reset my admin password.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? Is there a Keystroke combo or something that will let me get back to normal booting??? PLEASE HELP!!! I am an experienced tech, and have tried every trick I can think of. All I want to do is make it boot normally again, and not into Safemode. Dear Microsoft PLEASE bring back the F8 key boot menu. *Sad

:)

Axeman6ft7, Jun 22, 2016
  2. HairyFool Win User

Forcing a normal boot out of Safe Mode without using Admin logon

Safe mode is not the default for Windows 10, its just a Startup option which appears to have been set ( never found one configured this way). Its a flag in the registry that for some reason was wrong. The assumption is that if it gets set the user know
    how to unset it hence no specific option in Advanced troubleshooting mode.

HairyFool, Jun 22, 2016
  3. Forcing a normal boot out of Safe Mode without using Admin logon

I gave up trying to do this myself.

I made an appointment with a tech at a Microsoft Store. He plugged in a thumb drive full off debugging tools, mysteriously logged in as an admin. He went to the msconfig screens and showed me the where it had been set up so if it was in Safe Mode it would
    reboot only back to Safe Mode. He changed that setting, mysteriously cleaned up a couple more settings. When he was done the computer rebooted into Normal Mode and I could log in, first with my four number passcode, then with my Microsoft Account.

Took about fifteen minutes total, and he didn't charge me a penny. Still I'm upset about Windows 10 and it's weird Safe Mode default rebooting, and the lack of a "Normal Mode" option in the Advanced Boot Options page. Bad design, Microsoft!

CuzinChuck, Jun 22, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

How to get out of safe mode boot without logging in?

Try clicking on Windows + R.....then msconfig to turn off Safe mode.

dencal, Jun 22, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 22, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    Try shutting it on and off a few times and see if you can get the repair screen. That might give you the option of a normal start. If the power button doesn't work try unplugging it after you start it.

Winuser, Jun 22, 2016
  7. So Windows + R works even if you can't log in???? hrm....fascinating... How to get out of safe mode boot without logging in? :p

Axeman6ft7, Jun 23, 2016
  8. How to get out of safe mode boot without logging in?

HA! figured it out. I was getting frustrated because I have a CD with Advanced Password Changer 3.5 on it, but I couldn't get it to boot because the system was only giving me the UEFI DVD option. Wouldn't read the disk properly. I failed to remember that with a UEFI BIOS, with Fast Boot enabled, you wouldn't have time to get to the F8 screen. So after making a few adjustments, I was able to use APC 3.5 to Reset the built in Admin account, to log in and THEN do Win+ R to get it out of Safe Mode *Wink WHEW! *Biggrin

Good to know my Skeleton Key disk works like a champ in 10 too! As a Contractor, that little disk has saved my butt so many time I lost count!

Axeman6ft7, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to get out of safe mode boot without logging in?

1. How to get out of safe mode boot without logging in? - Similar Threads - safe mode boot

2. How can I get out of safe mode without admin account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get out of safe mode without admin account?: I always use my pin code to enter my windows account and I do not remember my local password. On the other hand I entered the safe mode and it requires me the local password to login, not even my Microsoft account password works to login. I even tried "hold shift key &...
  3. How can I get out of safe mode without admin account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get out of safe mode without admin account?: I always use my pin code to enter my windows account and I do not remember my local password. On the other hand I entered the safe mode and it requires me the local password to login, not even my Microsoft account password works to login. I even tried "hold shift key &...
  4. How to get logs of the last crash without using Safe Mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get logs of the last crash without using Safe Mode?: My new Windows 11 installation has been very unstable, full of crashes and freezes. Now it's been working a bit better without any freezes/crashes for 3 days after I switched from using Google Chrome browser to the lower quality Microsoft Edge browser so I think mostly it's...
  5. How to get logs of the last crash without using Safe Mode?

How to get logs of the last crash without using Safe Mode?: My new Windows 11 installation has been very unstable, full of crashes and freezes. Now it's been working a bit better without any freezes/crashes for 3 days after I switched from using Google Chrome browser to the lower quality Microsoft Edge browser so I think mostly it's...
  6. Can't Get Out of Safe Mode; Can't Log In

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Get Out of Safe Mode; Can't Log In: Hi, I hope someone can help, because I'm at my wits' end. I have an HP Specter x360 laptop running Windows 10 I was having a problem with my space bar and the suggestion was made in an HP forum that I boot into Safe Mode. I did so, but now I can't get out. When I try to log...
  7. Can't Get Out of Safe Mode; Can't Log In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Get Out of Safe Mode; Can't Log In: Hi, I hope someone can help, because I'm at my wits' end. I have an HP Specter x360 laptop running Windows 10 I was having a problem with my space bar and the suggestion was made in an HP forum that I boot into Safe Mode. I did so, but now I can't get out. When I try to log...
  8. Can't Get Out of Safe Mode; Can't Log In

9. how to boot into safe mode without logging on?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to boot into safe mode without logging on?: if you can't get into your user account, is there another way to boot to safe mode? I think you can do this from windows recovery media, but I was unable to create that. (It didn't like my sandisk flash drive, even though my 3rd party programs have no problem making it...
  10. Get out of safe mode without password

in Windows 10 Support
    Get out of safe mode without password: Needed to boot in safe mode, used msconfig to set the boot mode. Of course I was not aware my pen number login is wothless so now I am stuck in perpetual safe login screen. My outlook password is in a program on the system which I cannot access. Tried shift restart and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get to safe mode without logging in