Windows 10: How to get out of screen saver without using ctrl alt del

Discus and support How to get out of screen saver without using ctrl alt del in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer has for some time not allowed me to resume after going to the screen saver. If you press any key the screen goes blank. The only way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by duckling, Dec 2, 2016.

1. duckling Win User

How to get out of screen saver without using ctrl alt del

My computer has for some time not allowed me to resume after going to the screen saver.
    If you press any key the screen goes blank. The only way to get back to using the computer is ctrl alt delete and the press cancel. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

duckling, Dec 2, 2016

2. screen saver

When I use the photo gallery for my screen saver, I can't get out of it except by hitting ctrl-alt-del. Is there a setting that I missed?

CaroleZipperlen, Dec 2, 2016
  3. Screen Saver

Hi John,

This issue might have caused by the storage where you get the photos that you are using as your screensaver. You can refer to
    AllenAlb's answer on this thread:
    Wake up from screen saver is only by ctrl-alt-del
    . It was marked as answer and helped 13 people.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Dec 2, 2016
  4. pepanee Win User

Try to disable the screen saver, then re-enable it again. Wait for the screen saver. Hopefully this could be a very simple solution like so.

pepanee, Dec 2, 2016
Thema:

1. How to get out of screen saver without using ctrl alt del - Similar Threads - screen saver without

2. Ctrl-Alt-Del not working at login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Ctrl-Alt-Del not working at login screen: I have a Panasonic Toughpad running Windows 10 Pro that has recently stopped accepting Ctrl-Alt-Del at the login screen. I press the key combo and it flickers like it is going to the login prompt but it just goes back to the screen telling me to press ctrl-alt-del to unlock...
  3. CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed: Hello, Recently I've had a couple of users report a very long delay after hitting CTRL + ALT + DEL One came into the help desk and I can confirm that it can take up to 10 minutes. The users machine was Windows 10 Version 2004. Lenovo Thinkpad T14. I disabled all non...
  4. How to Disable ctrl+alt+del login

How to Disable ctrl+alt+del login: How to Disable ctrl+alt+del login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-ctrlaltdel-login/6a2b7375-30e4-4a64-9096-a159eb0d0a41
  5. Lock screen suddenly needs alt-ctrl-del to get out of

Lock screen suddenly needs alt-ctrl-del to get out of: Suddenly, without me changing any settings, the lock screen requires (invoked by pressing <WINDOWS>-<L>) me to press <ALT>-<CTRL>-<DEL> before I can enter my password to resume using the computer. Before it would respond to any key, or just prompt me to enter the password....
  6. Forced to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forced to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to login: Same issue as this locked thread. I cannot enter PIN, password, or swipe fingerprint until Ctrl-Alt-Del is pressed first. I've never been offered KB4464330, so I'm not sure if it solves the issue. Secure sign in is not enabled. Security Policy to disable was enabled, but no...
  7. black screen Ctrl+Alt+Del

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen Ctrl+Alt+Del: Windows 10 all updates installed 4770K Asus 7970 top 3 GB 16GB ddr 3 SSD Evo 250gb for windows and a few games with around 90GB free space HDD 1TB A few times recently my computer didnt boot into windows.. A few times it booted to black screen with 'ctrl+alt+del restart'.....
  8. CTRL+ALT+DEL disappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    CTRL+ALT+DEL disappears: Hello; I have a windows 10 on domain. It shows ALT+CTRL+DEL and then i click ok all i get is a black screen with mouse pointer. I tried to change the projector setting to single display same thing. Any ways to resolve this please....
  9. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...
  10. Lock screen is black, has to use Ctrl-Alt-Del

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen is black, has to use Ctrl-Alt-Del: Sometimes when I try to wake from sleep, the lock screen does not show up and I have to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to force to the login screen , not the lock screen. The login screen has name, profile picture and password. 44748