Windows 10: How to get PC to support Miracast?

Discus and support How to get PC to support Miracast? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have problem connecting my pc to my tv, for weeks now, i gave up and here am i asking you experts for your help *Biggrin I own 50PFT6550/12... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kayn the Dogo, Aug 12, 2017.

1. How to get PC to support Miracast?

Kayn the Dogo, Aug 12, 2017
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Aug 12, 2017
  3. MAC to PC Win User
    I can't import photos from my iPhone to my laptop.

Hi There,

I have the same problem. but when following the above mentioned steps my new windows 10 pc is informing me thatit cant find any photos or videos on this iPhone...

many thanks in advance for any help.

MAC to PC, Aug 12, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

How to get PC to support Miracast?

You shouldn't need Miracast on the PC if all you want to do is display videos (mp4, etc.) on your TV. The specs for your TV say it supports DLNA. Provided your TV is connected to your network it should appear as an available device if you right-click on a video file and select 'Cast to...'.

5. i want it to be connected all time, for any use, not only videos and music

Kayn the Dogo, Aug 12, 2017
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

not sure what you mean by this -- do you want your TV to be essentially a monitor controlled by your mobile phone as a keyboard / mouse combo./

I can't see any other reason to cast a phone screen to a TV.

If it's just multi-media then simple file sharing will do the trick although I'd use an Amazon fire TV box with kodi installed on it - especially if the REMOTE TV isn't smart enough for NETFLIX etc access.

I can't really see one using the remote TV from a phone as an RDP way of logging on to your Windows machine -- not sure what you'd do for a mouse and a small phone touch screen would be simply an exercise in frustration --you can though if you are bonkers enough to do it is to install XRDP on an android phone and then cast the Windows login screen to the TV. Would be HIDEOUS to control though from a phone handset.

If you are still bonkers enough to try you need to ensure the remote TV is a DNLA device and port forwarding for RDP is enabled and allowed in your firewall.

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 13, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    What happens when you go to Settings -> System -> Display the click on Connect to a wireless display under Multiple Displays?

NavyLCDR, Aug 13, 2017
  8. How to get PC to support Miracast?

no, I want my tv to be essentially a monitor for my Personal computer, I don't want to use small monitor
    the tv is pretty smart, have kodi and Netflix on it, it's pretty advanced TV
    I have wireless keyboard and mouse combo, it shows my pc is connected in DLNA to the TV but can't share screen

Kayn the Dogo, Aug 13, 2017
  9. get this when i go to connect
    Screenshot

this? Screenshot

10. NavyLCDR New Member
    First, you are going to have to update your Display Adapter to one that supports Miracast. Then you may also have to upgrade the WiFi adapter to support Miracast as well.

NavyLCDR, Aug 13, 2017
  11. bro67 Win User
    It is a Android TV OS based flatscreen. Miracast is a dead tech, Chromecast has become the defacto for sharing from iOS and Android OS, with Windows machines needing Chrome to cast to.

bro67, Aug 13, 2017
  12. bro67 Win User
    If you are only going to use the computer on that flatscreen, then get a Wireless keyboard and mouse. I have the flatscreen in our home office connected to a Lenovo m58p Thinkcentre and just do everything via wireless keyboard and mouse.

bro67, Aug 13, 2017
  13. How to get PC to support Miracast?

how do you mean? i have the display adapter updated, it doesn't show me option to update it
    Screenshot
    what do you mean upgrade Wifi adapter to support Miracast, how i do that?

14. sorry, i own lumia phone, ican connect anytime, without chromecast, i need for my computer and chrome cast can't get the job done like the Microsoft wireless adapter

15. bro67 Win User
    There is nothing that you can do with Microsoft buying a phone line and just killing it. They helped to kill Miracast and WiDi. We hardly stream from our iPhones to our NVidia Shield, unless it is something that cannot be brought up on the shield.

bro67, Aug 13, 2017
Thema:

How to get PC to support Miracast?

1. How to get PC to support Miracast? - Similar Threads - support Miracast

2. Miracast Support for Legion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast Support for Legion: I have a Lenovo Legion R5-4800H, RTX2060 and want to connect it to my Tab s9 using the "second display" function. When I do, it tries to connect, the tablet goes black screen, and then it goes back to normal. Connection is always unsuccessful.I tried it using a different...
  3. Miracast Support for Legion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast Support for Legion: I have a Lenovo Legion R5-4800H, RTX2060 and want to connect it to my Tab s9 using the "second display" function. When I do, it tries to connect, the tablet goes black screen, and then it goes back to normal. Connection is always unsuccessful.I tried it using a different...
  4. This device doesn't support receiving miracast even though " Miracast: Available, with HDCP"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This device doesn't support receiving miracast even though " Miracast: Available, with HDCP": Hello.I want to use my laptop as a second monitor for my PC. And in my PC Win+P menu doesn't who "connect to" option.I've downloaded "Wireless Display" in Windows Additional Apps and it still doesn't show up.All my drivers are updated. Dxdiag says: "Miracast: Available, with...
  5. This device doesn't support receiving miracast even though " Miracast: Available, with HDCP"

This device doesn't support receiving miracast even though " Miracast: Available, with HDCP": Hello.I want to use my laptop as a second monitor for my PC. And in my PC Win+P menu doesn't who "connect to" option.I've downloaded "Wireless Display" in Windows Additional Apps and it still doesn't show up.All my drivers are updated. Dxdiag says: "Miracast: Available, with...
  6. how can i repair my device that doesnt support miracast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i repair my device that doesnt support miracast: i suddenly got notified that my device doesnt support miracast. before this its working perfectly. what should i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-repair-my-device-that-doesnt-support/0d061f86-dccd-41f3-9f81-32b6aa4d3133
  7. how can i repair my device that doesnt support miracast

how can i repair my device that doesnt support miracast: i suddenly got notified that my device doesnt support miracast. before this its working perfectly. what should i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-repair-my-device-that-doesnt-support/0d061f86-dccd-41f3-9f81-32b6aa4d3133
  8. Connect App says my device doesn't support Miracast but it should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect App says my device doesn't support Miracast but it should: I'm experiencing an issue when trying to connect another device to my PC using Miracast. The Connect App says that my PC does not support Miracast, so I cannot project to it wirelessly, however I have checked my specs and Miracast should be compatible. I have additionally...
  9. Connect App says my device doesn't support Miracast but it should

Connect App says my device doesn't support Miracast but it should: I'm experiencing an issue when trying to connect another device to my PC using Miracast. The Connect App says that my PC does not support Miracast, so I cannot project to it wirelessly, however I have checked my specs and Miracast should be compatible. I have additionally...
  10. Does Miracast support multicasting?

Does Miracast support multicasting?: I have Miracast enabled windows 10 laptop, can I miracast my Laptop to 10 monitors in my class-room? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-miracast-support-multicasting/3eeda742-8974-408e-a301-a3cb2a86d7c1