Windows 10: how to get photos from photo viewer to my pictures

Discus and support how to get photos from photo viewer to my pictures in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; can anybody help me. since updating to windows 10 when I import pictures they go straight into the new photo viewer app but I cant figure out how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SIMON8132, Aug 17, 2015.

1. SIMON8132 Win User

how to get photos from photo viewer to my pictures

can anybody help me. since updating to windows 10 when I import pictures they go straight into the new photo viewer app but I cant figure out how to get them to my pictures. I am using turbo lister for ebay and I cant find a way to the imported pictures.

:)

SIMON8132, Aug 17, 2015

2. Windows Photo Viewer cannot search for files

Original Title: Windows Photo Viewer

On my Windows 7 computer, and previous versions of Windows, if I do a Search in File Explorer and get a multiple picture subset of a folder's pictures and open one of the found pictures with Windows Photo Viewer then click the next picture button in Windows
    Photo Viewer I get the next picture in the subset of pictures found with the Search function and that is being displayed in the File Explorer window.

However on my recently upgraded Windows 10 computer (from Windows 7), if I do a Search in File Explorer and get a multiple picture subset of a folder's pictures and open one of the found pictures with Windows Photo Viewer then click the next picture button
    in Windows Photo Viewer I get the next picture in the folder that I did the search on, not the subset identified by the search function.

It appears that Windows Photo Viewer has been modified (or broken) so that it no longer operates on the subset of files (pictures) that are being viewed in File Explorer. I do this Search, Open (With Windows Photo Viewer ) & Next capability a lot and would
    like to know if there is a Windows or Windows Photo Viewer setting to get Windows Photo Viewer to function on my Windows 10 computer as it does on my Windows 7 computer.

Thanks

Douglas Cooper, Aug 17, 2015
  3. CFMoore Win User
    After installing the November update to Windows 10, Photo Viewer no longer works.

As I was testing functions about a successful November (3gb) update to Win10, Windows Photo Viewer would not open pictures. The error message said that it could not find "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\Photo Viewer.dll" It was my default viewer.

First I searched Answers with no help. Then I started testing all the photo viewers on my machine. (All my picture files are jpg.) I right-clicked on pictures, selected Open With and was given a choice of Microsoft Office Picture Manager, Paint, Photo,
    Windows Live Photo Gallery, and Windows Photo Viewer. I proceeded to use each of these in turn to see what would be a good alternative if I could not get Photo Viewer to work.

I repeated the tests with several different pictures. After about three hours, the Open With option Photo Viewer disappeared.

His something wrong with my software, or has Microsoft deliberately disabled Windows Photo Viewer to force the use of the Photo app?

CFMoore, Aug 17, 2015
  4. how to get photos from photo viewer to my pictures

Hi

Do you mean the Photo Viewer that looks like a couple of Triangles in a Square?

If so Click on it and all your photos should come up on the Screen, if not Click on Collection or Albums on the left hand side.

Then your Photos should come up on the Screen.

Then on the Task Bar at the Top there are Three Symbols, one that looks like a Circle with Arrows going round, while the one next to it looks like a Four Rung Ladder.

That's the one you want to Click on.

At this Point all the Photos will have a Black Square in the Corner.

Click on the Photo or Photos you want to Select and these Selected Photos will then have a Frame around them, with a tick in the Corner.

Then when you look at the Top Taskbar, the Symbol that looked like a Four Rung Ladder, now looks like Two Sheets of Paper, one on top of the Other.

This is the Copy Button.

Click on it: and this will copy your Selected Photo/s although you won't see anything happening.

Then go to File Explorer and find My Photos and find the Folder you want to Copy them in, or Create a New Folder and Re-Name it to whatever you want to call it.

Then hover the Mouse over this Folder, then Right Click the Mouse and Click: Paste from the Drop Down Menu and your Selected Photo should Paste in.

Just do one photo to Start with, till you get the hang of what you are doing.

Cyberdesigner, Aug 18, 2015
  5. Next time you take some photos, you could do it this way.

Plug your Camera in Via USB

Start>Windows System>Scroll Down to 'This PC' >Click This PC

You should see your Camera (or rather the SD Card in your Camera) Listed as Removable Disk (G)

Click on the Symbol that represents Disk (G)

DCIM Comes Up

Click on DCIM

100 SS CAM Comes Up

Click on 100 SS CAM and all your pictures should appear in a listed View.

Click on the Tiny Thumbnail Bottom Right

And this listed View will then turn into Thumbnails or Click the Icon Next to it to go back to listed View

You can just Toggle between them if you want.

You can also Change the Size of the Thumbnails you are looking at in View (so you can see what you've got)

Then After you've looked at the Thumbnails, you can Drag and Drop them (one of them, some of them, or all of them) into one of the Folders on the Left ie Pictures or else Create a New Folder and give it what Title you want and then put that in Pictures or wherever you choose.

Cyberdesigner, Aug 18, 2015
  6. SIMON8132 Win User
    Perfect, thanks very much for your brilliant and easy to follow advise

SIMON8132, Aug 18, 2015
  7. Hi Simon

Thank you for those kind words but just a couple of days ago I knew nothing, so it ought to be me who's thanking you for the chance to practice what I'm doing (Steep learning Curve!)

What I am lacking in Technical Skill (which is a lot at the moment!) I try to make up for by trying to explain things in a way that mere mortals like me, can hopefully understand.

Cyberdesigner, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

how to get photos from photo viewer to my pictures

1. how to get photos from photo viewer to my pictures - Similar Threads - photos photo viewer

2. Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Viewer: My photos are resizing automatically. I have photos saved to an external drive. When I view a single photo from the drive the photo shows at the size it was saved. However if I access the drive through explorer to view all of the photos in the file they start resizing after 2...
  3. Photo viewer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photo viewer: Can this piece of literal shit get any worse? Most notable issues: - Random massive memory leaks which consume your system's entire memory and grinds everything to a halt unless you realize what's going on quickly enough and force close it. - Literally can't handle opening...
  4. Photo viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo viewer: Hi! This problem is listed as resolved in the forum, but the given solutions did not work for me. I have Photos the preferred MS app for this function selected as my default Photo Viewer and yet I cannot open .jpg files. Why doesn't the MS product work with Windows 10?...
  5. Windows photo viewer skips some pictures

Windows photo viewer skips some pictures: I am using the default photo viewer on Windows 10. I have been looking through thousands of photos. They are in folders in My Pictures, with about 400-1500 per folder. Especially with the bigger folders, it will show the first few photos fine, but eventually it will skip a...
  6. picture shuffling in photo viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    picture shuffling in photo viewer: hi, the problem i face that is ,i have some picture in my folder . i want to view them in order asseding or by date . but photo viewer didnot play them in order . picture change by left right arrow keys in shuffle. why pictures are not play next ,next,next,next. 1 picture...
  7. Windows photo and photo viewer

Windows photo and photo viewer: Photo app and photo viewer app not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-and-photo-viewer/3b344c54-cf1c-4cf1-ab44-8bfba1ded777
  8. How to send photos from Google Pictures to Microsoft photos

How to send photos from Google Pictures to Microsoft photos: Hi to all, I'm fairly incompetent with my Windows 10, so I found a set of photos from years ago in Google photos and want to combine them in the Microsoft photos app. Please someone tell me how in simple terms....
  9. My photo viewer does not show the pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My photo viewer does not show the pictures: My photo viewer does not show the pictures. I click on the extra large view button and nothing happens, so I clicked on the large view button, on and on but none of the pictures show up. How can I get that fixed?...
  10. photos vs photo viewer

photos vs photo viewer: If I double click on a .tif file in File Explorer it opens in Photo Viewer whereas if I double click on a .jpg file it opens in Photos. I much prefer using Photo Viewer because you can run a slide show from there & with a right click adjust the speed or duration to Fast,...