Windows 10: How to get rid of all unnecessary partitions in Windows 8.1

Discus and support How to get rid of all unnecessary partitions in Windows 8.1 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have created extra partitions when I wanted to make a dual boot with Linux OS and Windows. I have had both Linux Mint and Ubuntu installed. After the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BootLoot, Dec 5, 2015.

1. BootLoot Win User

How to get rid of all unnecessary partitions in Windows 8.1

I have created extra partitions when I wanted to make a dual boot with Linux OS and Windows. I have had both Linux Mint and Ubuntu installed. After the second installation, I am not sure which of the partitions are used by Linux and which ones are used by Windows.

What I want to do, is simply get rid of all partitions, besides the ones used by Windows, but (I know it sounds dumb) I can't seem to find out which ones I can delete to go back to the original Windows boot (or if this is even possible without making a clean install).
    I hope someon can help me out here. Here is a screenshot of my partitions:

How to get rid of all unnecessary partitions in Windows 8.1 [​IMG]

As this is in danish, I have added some translation for the names of the partitions.

(Of course I realise that C: and D: are used by windows, but otherwise I am not completely sure)

:)

BootLoot, Dec 5, 2015

2. recovery partition in windows 10

By trying to delete the recovery partition using disk manager and right clicking on the recovery partition to delete it the only option is "help". Is there any other way to delete it?. I upgraded to windows 10 with SSD hard drive 32 GB (actually 29GB) and
    disk space very is very important. How I get rid of the unnecessary recovery partition remained from 8.1 so as to be able to extend partition C: ?

Please help.

Best Regards,

Christos Papadopoulos

Christos Papadopoulos_977, Dec 5, 2015
  3. LOBOMe Win User
    Deleting Partitions

I'm trying to get rid of unnecessary partitions. .I tried to reset my pc because of restart issues. I would like to get rid of any unnecessary partitions and reclaim that memory.
    How to get rid of all unnecessary partitions in Windows 8.1 [​IMG]

LOBOMe, Dec 5, 2015
  4. vram Win User

If nothing exists on those partitions, then Partition Wizard (Free tool) to delete and then use same tool to extend the C/D partitions to recover your space. Don't delete the recovery partition, though!

Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free

Is Grub the boot loader? You can boot off of Windows recovery CD and restore the Windows MBR:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/repair...rd-mbr-windows

vram, Dec 6, 2015
  5. Kyhi Win User
    saved the first five partitions... (you have a small reserve partition not shown in disk management)
    you can delete or Format the 437GB partition and I assume the last 20GB partition (although it may contain the factory recovery image)

Kyhi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to get rid of all unnecessary partitions in Windows 8.1 - Similar Threads - rid unnecessary partitions

2. How to extend Windows partition without getting rid of Microsoft reserved partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to extend Windows partition without getting rid of Microsoft reserved partition: I used to dual boot Windows with Linux and today I got removed it. I would like to extend my Windows' partition's space to take the space that the Linux partition used but because of the Microsoft reserved partition I can't do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  3. How to extend Windows partition without getting rid of Microsoft reserved partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to extend Windows partition without getting rid of Microsoft reserved partition: I used to dual boot Windows with Linux and today I got removed it. I would like to extend my Windows' partition's space to take the space that the Linux partition used but because of the Microsoft reserved partition I can't do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  4. How to extend Windows partition without getting rid of Microsoft reserved partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can i quickly get rid of unnecessary servuces

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can i quickly get rid of unnecessary servuces: My pc uses around %40 ram when idle and after checking task manager i noticed i have around 40 services running and was wondering if there is any way to close or delete all the service files that arent necessary to windows as i most likely have a bunch i never actually use as...
  6. How can i quickly get rid of unnecessary servuces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i quickly get rid of unnecessary servuces: My pc uses around %40 ram when idle and after checking task manager i noticed i have around 40 services running and was wondering if there is any way to close or delete all the service files that arent necessary to windows as i most likely have a bunch i never actually use as...
  7. How can i quickly get rid of unnecessary servuces

8. Deleting unnecessary partitions

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Deleting unnecessary partitions: So after some bad times the other week I have reinstalled windows. I now have some (probably ) unnecessary partitions. I really should have wiped the drive and started from scratch when I reinstalled Windows but hey ho. Which of these are safe to delete ? Presumably I will...
  9. How to get rid of all the unneeded programs?

How to get rid of all the unneeded programs?: Windows 10 comes with a bunch of programs I don't need (at all) - agenda (I use Outlook 2013) - Mail (I use Outlook) - Films and TV (not interested) How could they be completely uninstalled? They might not take up a lot of space, but I don't need them. Thanks in...
  10. This how to easily get rid of the RESTORE PARTITION

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    This how to easily get rid of the RESTORE PARTITION: Hope this isn't a repeat but this works as I just did it in 2 computers and 3 drives in W10. What you need... A FREE minitool partition wizard--excellent ! B FREE Macrium Reflect Imaging which is amazingly good ! C A spare drive This is what you do: A: take a backup...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove unnecessary partition after windows upgrade