Windows 10: How to get rid of all W 10 on computer.

Discus and support How to get rid of all W 10 on computer. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hope someone can help please. I am unable to update to W. 10. (Tried many times). I would like to rid my computer of all reference to W 10. So far,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Macdonald55, Sep 8, 2015.

1. How to get rid of all W 10 on computer.

Hope someone can help please.
    I am unable to update to W. 10. (Tried many times).
    I would like to rid my computer of all reference to W 10.
    So far, I have
    Unreserved update, using "get windows app.
    Uninstalled updates KB 3035583 and KB3021917 and have hidden these together with the Windows 10 update.
    I have done a disk clean and recovered 1.2Gb from the update folders etc.
    My C Drive is still showing about 3 Gb more than normal.
    I am still getting the update "install W 10 update" whenever the updates are checked. This is stopping me from downloading the other important updates. As soon as I click get updates the W10 installation starts.
    Is there anything else that I have not done. delete registry entries or something.
    Thanks ion anticipation Jo

:)

Macdonald55, Sep 8, 2015

2. How do I get rid of Cortana

It's part of the operating system

Your system SUCKS! Including W 10!!

Lorraine B_1966, Sep 8, 2015
  3. How to get rid of Windows 10 on the computer?

Hi Don,

You will be able to revert back to the previous operating system only if you have
    windows.old folder in C: drive and within 30 days of upgrading to Windows 10.

Before we assist further I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Which was the operating system previously installed on the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

When you upgrade to Windows 10, the previous Windows files and folders are automatically stored in
    C:\Windows.old folder. This folder is kept by Windows only for one month. After one month Windows 10 will automatically delete the folder. So you can restore previous Windows version only within one month after Windows 10 upgrade. Also if you
    run Disk Cleanup in Windows 10, make sure to uncheck "Previous Windows installation(s)" option. If you don't uncheck it, Windows will delete all files and folders present in
    C:\Windows.old folder and you'll be unable to rollback to previous version of Windows.

Since you have mentioned in the above description it has been more than a year upgrading to Windows 10, you will not be able to rollback to the previous operating system installed on the computer. For more information contact your computer manufacturer
    or refer to the system manual.

Refer to Going back to Windows 7 or Windows
    from the article and check if it helps.

Note: It is recommended to take backup of all the data saved on the computer to prevent the loss of data on the computer.

Write to us for further assistance on removing Windows 10 from the computer in the same post. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 8, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

How to get rid of all W 10 on computer.

Use the Disk Cleanup Utility to remove system upgrade files.

Basically there will be a folder called $Windows.~BT on your C:\ drive, which contains the upgrade files. The Disk Cleanup Utility should remove this folder and free up the space.

If that does not work, you can still remove this folder by hand.

Joergi, Sep 8, 2015
  5. Thank you very much for your reply. I have done a disk cleanup and have removed the system files.
    I do not have a $Windows~BT folder in my hidden folders. I have a $Windows~WS which seems to be 148Kb.
    Here is the figures for my HDD.
    3/9/15 61.83Gb
    6/9/15 73.8 Gb
    8/9/15 74.59 Gb
    9.9.15 77.4 Gb. This is after I deleted and uninstalled all that I could.
    I have not installed any new programs etc.
    Any ideas please? Jo

Macdonald55, Sep 8, 2015
  6. Joergi Win User
    I could imagine that you also have a Windows.old folder with some stuff in it...

Also there is an antimalware tool, I forget its name, which amongst other things can create a list of all files, which have been changed in the last x days. This tool offers that to see, if and which files have been modified, possibily with malicious intent, but it should also help just to get an overview, about which files are new...

Joergi, Sep 8, 2015
  7. Thanks for your help. All this has just started since W 10 updates. Jo

Macdonald55, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to get rid of all W 10 on computer.

1. How to get rid of all W 10 on computer. - Similar Threads - rid computer

2. How do I get rid of the screen that comes up when starting the computer "the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the screen that comes up when starting the computer "the...: A screen comes up when starting the computer "there is an error and we are collecting information; we will restart the computer" I would like to get rid of this screen. The computer is not restarted and the screen has been coming up now for a long time....
  3. How do I get rid of the screen that comes up when starting the computer "the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of the screen that comes up when starting the computer "the...: A screen comes up when starting the computer "there is an error and we are collecting information; we will restart the computer" I would like to get rid of this screen. The computer is not restarted and the screen has been coming up now for a long time....
  4. How do I get rid of the screen that comes up when starting the computer "the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My computer has been infected with viruses and I don’t know how to get rid of them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer has been infected with viruses and I don’t know how to get rid of them: I have these files that download random files and also other viruses and they have already taken over my security and browsers because I originally already had a thread asking the same thing but it says that there was an error, and right now I’m posting this from a different...
  6. My computer has been infected with viruses and I don’t know how to get rid of them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has been infected with viruses and I don’t know how to get rid of them: I have these files that download random files and also other viruses and they have already taken over my security and browsers because I originally already had a thread asking the same thing but it says that there was an error, and right now I’m posting this from a different...
  7. My computer has been infected with viruses and I don’t know how to get rid of them

8. My computer’s wallpaper has black borders. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer’s wallpaper has black borders. How do I get rid of this?: One day I turned on my computers and started seeing black bars on the wallpaper. I can move my mouse and do everything normally but my wallpaper has black bars on each side. I have a 3090ti and a ryzen 9 and I am running windows 10. I am able to use my mouse in these black...
  9. My computer’s wallpaper has black borders. How do I get rid of this?

My computer’s wallpaper has black borders. How do I get rid of this?: One day I turned on my computers and started seeing black bars on the wallpaper. I can move my mouse and do everything normally but my wallpaper has black bars on each side. I have a 3090ti and a ryzen 9 and I am running windows 10. I am able to use my mouse in these black...
  10. My computer’s wallpaper has black borders. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Customization