Windows 10: How to Get Rid of Cortana Search Application Bar?

Discus and support How to Get Rid of Cortana Search Application Bar? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some reason this application bar keeps on popping up on Cortana when I search things, anyone know how to get rid of it? Screenshot here: (the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rosuuri, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Rosuuri Win User

How to Get Rid of Cortana Search Application Bar?

For some reason this application bar keeps on popping up on Cortana when I search things, anyone know how to get rid of it?
    Screenshot here: (the icons on the top above 'best match' is what I'm talking about)

How to Get Rid of Cortana Search Application Bar? [​IMG]

Please help! Thanks,

:)

Rosuuri, Apr 7, 2016

2. How to get rid of malware "Incognito Search?"

I got a notification that malware was detected on my laptop. I ran a full scan (it took over 12 hours to complete) and "incognito search" was found. I clicked on "remove" and it keeps getting stuck about 3/4 through the removal process and I cannot click
    out of it at that point. I had to force a shut down. This virus is evidently blocking windows defended from removing it. Without, getting another virus protector, how can I get this thing removed?

JackMcLaughlinSS, Apr 7, 2016
  3. Bruce Hagen, Apr 7, 2016
  4. How to Get Rid of Cortana Search Application Bar?

Try this. The second icon from the left (It looks like a gear) is "Settings." Click it, and choose Cortana and Search Settings. See if your first choice is "On." If so, turn it Off.

Otherwise, you'll have to experiment with the Search Settings to see if you can get rid of them.

Vince Massi, Apr 7, 2016
  5. Rosuuri Win User
    Sorry, that didn't work..Tried experimenting with the search settings, nothing worked. Thank you for helping though.

Rosuuri, Apr 7, 2016
  6. When Cortana is set to default, the icons you see appear on top of your tile choices. Since you are going to have icons anyway, I wouldn't worry about it. At least they work.

Vince Massi, Apr 7, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    Hi @Rosuuri, welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

The entries at the top are to filter your query to a specific area.

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to Get Rid of Cortana Search Application Bar?

1. How to Get Rid of Cortana Search Application Bar? - Similar Threads - Rid Cortana Search

2. How do I get rid of the image in the search bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of the image in the search bar?: Hello, how do I remove this image in the search bar that appeared recently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-image-in-the-search-bar/ed3d1ef7-6055-4700-9270-63ceca263618
  3. How do I get rid of the image in the search bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get rid of the image in the search bar?: Hello, how do I remove this image in the search bar that appeared recently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-image-in-the-search-bar/ed3d1ef7-6055-4700-9270-63ceca263618
  4. How to get rid of the icon on the search bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of the icon on the search bar Windows 10: I opened my laptop today May 12th, 2022 to see this:Because it is "International Nurses Day", they added this icon on my search bar.How do I get rid of it?---------------P.S. Do Microsoft developers have this much free time to add useless features like this? They should have...
  5. How to get rid of the icon on the search bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get rid of the icon on the search bar Windows 10: I opened my laptop today May 12th, 2022 to see this:Because it is "International Nurses Day", they added this icon on my search bar.How do I get rid of it?---------------P.S. Do Microsoft developers have this much free time to add useless features like this? They should have...
  6. Getting rid of Cortana

in Cortana
    Getting rid of Cortana: Could there be anything more annoying and distracting. I am looking at the settings to disable it and it seems I can't. Also, try to uninstall it. I have this computer which I got in 2018 and my plan was to use it for travel. However, it has trouble updating the Dell Bios and...
  7. cortana and search bar

in Cortana
    cortana and search bar: why is my task bar like this . How can i combine cortana and search bar . Please tell me i am ready to change registory too.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-search-bar/41bb3ef4-95f0-46e7-80b0-d84c18b0f469
  8. Windows 10 Cortana (or Search Bar) definitions of applications

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Cortana (or Search Bar) definitions of applications: Not so lately, I've noticed some strange thing after typing in any name of application in the Search Bar. 1st image: here's how the application definition should look like, under the name of an app, it's written what kind of it is this (Desktop app or Trusted Windows Store...
  9. Cortana Search Bar

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar: Hi there! I need help figuring out how to be able to use the type here to search section again on my task bar. Since last night I have not been able to. When I click on it to type, it goes straight to highlighting the mic picture in blue and is not allowing me to type at...
  10. cannot get rid of search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot get rid of search bar: Hi, can someone please tell me how to get rid of this search bar at the top of my screen? it is driving me crazy and doesnt hide when i watch full screen!! [img] 46807