Windows 10: how to get rid of favorites bar on top

Discus and support how to get rid of favorites bar on top in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot get rid of the favorites bar on top. I have turned it off, restarted, and its still there. Moved from: Surface Pro 3 / Display and screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by preciouspane, Jul 30, 2018.

1. how to get rid of favorites bar on top

I cannot get rid of the favorites bar on top. I have turned it off, restarted, and its still there.

Moved from: Surface Pro 3 / Display and screen

:)

preciouspane, Jul 30, 2018

2. Favorites Tool Bar Disappeared

Hi Rex,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; are you referring to Internet Explorer favorite bar or Microsoft Edge favorite bar?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

To add favorite bar in Microsoft edge, follow the below steps.

1) Click on the more actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner.

2) Settings Show favorites bar and on toggle.

3) Select on Favorite icon (Star symbol) icon present on top right corner.

4) Select the Name and Save Location and click on
    Add button.

To add favorite bar in Internet explorer, Just Right click on the title bar (top of the Internet explorer windows) and select
    Favorite bar.

To restore Favorites, follow the below steps:

Check if you have all the websites listed under Favorites Folder (Location:
    c:/user/<USER NAME>/Favorites), you may restore the default location and check if it helps.

1) Go to Start.

2) Type Favorites in the search bar and
    right click on it.

3) Click on Properties and go to Location tab.

4) Click on Restore defaults and click OK.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Favorites Bar

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Please provide us the required information to help you better:

Which browser are you referring to?

Please follow the steps to not shows items in Favorites bar in Microsoft Edge:

• Select More actions (…) on the address bar, then Settings.

• Turn off Show favorites bar.
    And to do the same in Internet Explorer:

• In Internet Explorer, right-click any empty space in the area above the address bar.

• Select Favorites bar.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us with the required information if issue persists.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Jul 30, 2018
  4. graye Win User

how to get rid of favorites bar on top

Favorites Bar in Edge

Nothing will show up in the horizontal Favorites BAR until you put something there

There are two steps to make this work:

• Enable the Favorites BAR (which it appears you have already done)
    • Move some favorites into the Favorites BAR

Most people use the horizontal Favorites BAR for just a few of their frequently used favorites... and do not attempt to put their entire collection of favorites there. Instead, the "big" list of favorites remains in the vertical Favorites PANE.

So, open the vertical Favorites PANE the normal way (via the "hub" icon... the 3 little lines), expand the FOLDER called "Favorites Bar", and move a few favorites there via a "drag-n-drop" operation. This is a special folder that mirrors the horizontal
    Favorites BAR. So, anything you put there will show up both in the vertical Favorites PANE and in the horizontal Favorites BAR.

Note: Make sure that you don't accidentally have two folders called "Favorites Bar" in the vertical Favorites PANE. If you have more than one, then you should be using the one at the top of the list.

how to get rid of favorites bar on top 522d956e-ac04-4c0b-a8f0-705dc82f4691.png

graye, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

how to get rid of favorites bar on top

1. how to get rid of favorites bar on top - Similar Threads - rid favorites bar

2. How to get rid of the volume bar at will?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of the volume bar at will?: I sometimes accidentally turn the volume up with my extra keys while gaming and it takes forever to fade away. Its normally slightly annoying but I steer the mouse on the UI to close it, but there isnt a close button, so the bar stays even longer to go away (because the mouse...
  3. Favorites, Favorites Bar and Other Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites, Favorites Bar and Other Favorites: When I first used the new Edge (Chrome??) I imported my bookmarks and bookmarks tool bar from Firerfox and got lost in the terminology of Edge. I am sure I don't understand the difference between 'Favorites', 'Favorites Bar' and 'Other Favorites'. Each seems to contain the...
  4. While playing a game, how can I get rid of the bars on top and bottom?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    While playing a game, how can I get rid of the bars on top and bottom?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Connerlb05 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9x53f/while_playing_a_game_how_can_i_get_rid_of_the/
  5. How to get rid of "Top apps" in Search window?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of "Top apps" in Search window?: I just installed my first Win 10 1903 on one of my PCs a couple days ago. And I just now tried the new Search. I have a bunch tiles labeled "Top apps" across the top of the screen. These certainly aren't my top applications, but even if they were, I wouldn't want this in a...
  6. How do I get rid of the top bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get rid of the top bar?: I figured this would be hard to explain, so I made a screenshot:[ATTACH] I don't know how this got there- I messed around with the settings and tried everything, but I couldn't seem to fix this. If anyone knows how to fix this, please reply....
  7. Search Bar At Top of Desktop How Do i get rid of?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Bar At Top of Desktop How Do i get rid of?: Ok this is really annoying. I restarted my computer twice. Even when tabs arent open it does this and I dont know how it happened but I want it gone and I cannot find any damn thing that tells me how to remove. Right clicking, dragging, etc. all tried that. How the hell do i...
  8. Menu Bar, Favorites & Favorites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Menu Bar, Favorites & Favorites Bar: I am presently using IE 11 and thinking about switching to another browser. I am looking for a browser that has the above titles shown on the home page in the same way as IE 11. Are there any available? 71224
  9. How to get icons only in Favorites bar ?

in Browsers and Email
    How to get icons only in Favorites bar ?: I have all my Favorites from IE 11 and Chrome in the Favorites bar in Microsoft Edge, but it shows the icons and titles with them, how do I get only the icons to show ?, would save a lot of space in the Favorites bar. 11963
  10. How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?: Hey gang, I can't seem to figure this one out. When I set up Win 10 a few days ago, I imported my IE settings into Edge. All my favorites are there, and the ones I had pinned to my favorites bar are there. But I can not seem to figure out, how to add a favorite to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get rid of favorites

2. getting rid of favorites bar windows 10