Windows 10: How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Discus and support How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I have googled the internet but I have not managed to find how to remove raw file support from windows photo viewer. I have restored windows photo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MakeW10Great, Jul 22, 2018.

1. How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Hi.

I have googled the internet but I have not managed to find how to remove raw file support from windows photo viewer. I have restored windows photo viewer like this. Now my problem is that I shoot photos both in jpg and format. This means that I have to watch the same photo twice.

Here it tells to uninstall Camera Raw Update but that does not seem to be option in windows 10.

Does anyone know how to do it in windows 10? Can I just manually delete something or regedit something?

:)

MakeW10Great, Jul 22, 2018

2. RAW in Win 10 photo viewer not showing thumbnail pictures

Recently purchased a Canon Rebel T6s to replace my T3. When I upload my RAW pictures from using the new camera, none of the thumbnails show the picture in the Picture Viewer. Any RAW pictures from my T3 would show up in the Photo Viewer fine.

Any suggestions on how to make these pictures show up?

tammya1999, Jul 22, 2018
  3. so how do I view a RAW file in photos?

The built in Photos app should have the necessary codecs to view RAW photos.

If you can’t already open Raw images in Windows 10, you’ll need to install a Raw image codec that supports your camera model. For example, this Sony Raw Driver (http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/downloa...)
    enables you to open Raw photos captured with supported Sony cameras. The best place to look for a codec is usually the manufacturer’s website. However, you might also find the codec required at Codecs.com (Codecs.com : Download best multimedia tools).
    Enter the keyword ‘Raw codecs’ in the site’s search box to search for codecs that open Raw photos.

You can also open Raw photos with numerous third-party image viewers. FastStone Image Viewer is one program that supports Canon, Sony, Adobe, Nikon, Panasonic and Olympus Raw file formats. Click download on this website page to save the software’s installer
    to Windows, and open its setup wizard to install the program. Then open Image Viewer, browse to the folder that includes the Raw photos and select a picture to view.

Download FastStone Image Viewer

Andre Da Costa, Jul 22, 2018
  4. How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

How to view canon raw files 80D on Windows 10?

Hi Apetala,

We would require additional information for better clarity on the issue.

As these are raw files, they might not be supported on Window Photo Viewer. You may try using Windows 10 Photos App to check if it helps. Further I suggest you to download the utility software for the Canon camera on the computer, which might allow
    you to view and access the raw picture files.

Hope you are able to access the raw images. Do
    get back in case you need further help.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

1. How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer? - Similar Threads - rid raw file

2. CR2 RAW Images Distortion in Windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CR2 RAW Images Distortion in Windows photo viewer: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-viewer-is-distorting-my-raw-cr2/3b43ad0c-da4c-4919-a2c5-f68732123298?page=2The distortion sometimes feels like improves the look of the picture like in this above case, but the rest of the timesalmost all the...
  3. CR2 RAW Images Distortion in Windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CR2 RAW Images Distortion in Windows photo viewer: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-viewer-is-distorting-my-raw-cr2/3b43ad0c-da4c-4919-a2c5-f68732123298?page=2The distortion sometimes feels like improves the look of the picture like in this above case, but the rest of the timesalmost all the...
  4. Windows Photo Viewer is distorting my raw CR2 photo files

Windows Photo Viewer is distorting my raw CR2 photo files: Hello, I've seen lots of posts about Windows not being able to view raw or CR2 files, however that is not the problem I'm having. My problem is when I open the raw files, the standard Windows 10 photo viewer is distorting the image. When I first open it, it will look normal...
  5. Raw photos and Videos not available or supported?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Raw photos and Videos not available or supported?: Is there an update for 10 to allow viewing raw files. Since the update, I have lost all ability to view not only the thumbnail but the file itself! I only shoot in RAW format for video and photo. WHAT DO I DO?...
  6. Official .CR2 (raw) file viewer?

Official .CR2 (raw) file viewer?: Good day, is there an official microsoft made RAW image file viewer? I'm looking into Mircosoft Photos but I think it does not support RAW files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/official-cr2-raw-file-viewer/a114a40b-ddda-4248-bbe3-2d1369a705e7
  7. WIndows 10 Photo Viewer RAW Camera Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIndows 10 Photo Viewer RAW Camera Files: I recently bought a new Sony Mirrorless Camera that has .ARW RAW photo files. Windows 10 Photo viewer says "It looks like we don't support this file format" when I try to open them. The strange thing is before I bought this new camera, I used a different Sony Mirrorless...
  8. RAW Photo files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAW Photo files: Just recently upgraded a PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. This PC will be used strictly for photo processing mostly using Lightroom and Photoshop. Neither Photos or Windows Photo Viewer will open the RAW files on this particular PC. I have three other PC's that have been...
  9. How to get rid of raw file support in windows photoviewer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photoviewer?: Hi. I have googled the internet but I have not managed to find how to remove raw file support from windows photo viewer. I have restored windows photo viewer like this. Now my problem is that I shoot photos both in jpg and format. This means that I have to watch the same...
  10. windows 10 photo viewer, get rid of scroll effect ?

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 photo viewer, get rid of scroll effect ?: Hey all, so i installed windows 10 home on a new ssd from scratch, all is going great except the image viewer is making me a bit dizzy from the scrolling while viewing images. i'm thinking there must be a way to disable that effect when changing pictures and just have...