Windows 10: How to get rid of raw file support in windows photoviewer?

Discus and support How to get rid of raw file support in windows photoviewer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I have googled the internet but I have not managed to find how to remove raw file support from windows photo viewer. I have restored windows photo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MakeW10Great, Jul 22, 2018.

1. How to get rid of raw file support in windows photoviewer?

Hi.

I have googled the internet but I have not managed to find how to remove raw file support from windows photo viewer. I have restored windows photo viewer like this. Now my problem is that I shoot photos both in jpg and format. This means that I have to watch the same photo twice.

Here it tells to uninstall Camera Raw Update but that does not seem to be option in windows 10.

Does anyone know how to do it in windows 10? Can I just manually delete something or regedit something?

:)

MakeW10Great, Jul 22, 2018
  2. apetala Win User

How to view canon raw files 80D on Windows 10?

Original title:- canon raw files 80D

windows 10 photoviewer not opening raw files CR2 for canon 80D canon site say no codex for this operating system

apetala, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Martti__R Win User
    Old win 7/8 photoviewer in win 10 ?

Hi !

I would like to use the old win7/8 photo viewer in my win 10 machine to watch photos.

Otherwise the old photoviewer works fine but the sorting of the pictures is annoying: if I

-have JPG and RAW files in same directory and

-sort them by type so that in file manager lists the jpg's first,

-double click the first JPG (the old photoviewer displays the first jpg correctly but) but

-when I try to see the next picture by pressing the arrow on bottom, the photo viewer shows the RAW file, not the next JPG (in win 8 this works fine).

Is there any possibility to change the old photoviewer to work as it does in win8 ?

Thanks for help, Martti

Martti__R, Jul 22, 2018
  4. danielgr Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photoviewer?

Will Windows 10 support Camera Raw files

Based on my experience:

• Microsoft has integrated RAW file support in W10, and there is no downloadable codec pack as there used to be for W7 and W8.
    • Out of the box support is only included for files from popular makers such as Canon or Nikkon.
    • If you need DNG files (such as those produced by high-end Lumia Windows Phones), you need to download

Adobe's dng codec
    • The Adobe codec is old and in theory for W7, but works just fine in W8 and W10.

Hope that helped.

danielgr, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photoviewer?

1. How to get rid of raw file support in windows photoviewer? - Similar Threads - rid raw file

2. How to get rid of temp files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of temp files: I have an annoying issue with temp files being created any time I'm using the computer. I try to delete them, but the next time I look in folder, there are more temp files. Can you please tell me how to stop these temp from being created in the first place?...
  3. How to get rid of temp files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get rid of temp files: I have an annoying issue with temp files being created any time I'm using the computer. I try to delete them, but the next time I look in folder, there are more temp files. Can you please tell me how to stop these temp from being created in the first place?...
  4. How to get rid of temp files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to get rid on "this" on file maneger

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get rid on "this" on file maneger: how do you get rid of this?I dont like it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-on-this-on-file-maneger/dfcec787-8b1f-48fd-9c21-43c5aabf4ce3
  6. how to get rid of this on file exloper

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get rid of this on file exloper: [ATTACH] how to get rid of this on file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this-on-file-exloper/606fbe76-6c3b-4088-8f4d-cbaf7effc274
  7. Photoviewer

Photoviewer: Photo viewer app goes black screen when trying to open then turns off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photoviewer/0c7157b9-144e-414c-ac2e-cad5593554b4
  8. How do I get rid of Driver Support?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I get rid of Driver Support?: I have Driver Suport on my computer, and wish to get rid of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-driver-support/76da698b-456e-4218-bf2e-49e8f1e715d1
  9. A7iii raw file support

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A7iii raw file support: I have had a reply from Microsoft Support saying to raise this ticket again if not resolved the old No. is 1455282724 But I will recap when is Windows 10 going to support Sony A7iii raw files or why is Windows 10 not going to support Sony A7iii raw files by support I mean...
  10. How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?: Hi. I have googled the internet but I have not managed to find how to remove raw file support from windows photo viewer. I have restored windows photo viewer like this. Now my problem is that I shoot photos both in jpg and format. This means that I have to watch the same...