Windows 10: How to get rid of settings icon in onscreen keyboard

Discus and support How to get rid of settings icon in onscreen keyboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Hello, Can anybody tell me hot to disable the settings icons in the onscreen keyboard. I use it in a museum with visitors, and they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marcel04, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Marcel04 Win User

How to get rid of settings icon in onscreen keyboard

How to get rid of settings icon in onscreen keyboard [​IMG]

Hello,

Can anybody tell me hot to disable the settings icons in the onscreen keyboard. I use it in a museum with visitors, and they are not allowed to change settings obviously *Smile

Thnx,

Marcel

:)

Marcel04, Jan 9, 2018

2. how do I disable on screen keyboard in windows 10 ?

I've tried everything -- this doesn't work either. Just rechecked all the settings and properties for "touch screen keyboard and handwriting..." They are as instructed here. Just can't get rid of the pesky onscreen keyboard!

dderickson, Jan 9, 2018
  3. How to get rid of mail icon in taskbar after Creator Update

Hi Arcee,

It seems like you're having issues removing the Mail app icon on your task bar. To isolate the issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when you right-click on the icon and select
      Unpin from taskbar?
    • Is the application open when you unpin it?
    • Is the icon still appearing when you close the application?

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jan 9, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Jan 9, 2018
  5. Marcel04 Win User
    Hi, thank you. This will disable going to the settings.
    But is it also possible to hide the whole button?

Marcel04, Jan 9, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    As I said, you'd have to try it- or find a reference to someone who has. Sorry! Not tried.

dalchina, Jan 9, 2018
  7. Marcel04 Win User
    I did and it will disable going to the settings. So for now it's better than it ever was *Smile Thnx for that!
    If someone knows how to hide the button I'll try that.

Kind regards,

Marcel

Marcel04, Jan 9, 2018
  8. dalchina New Member

Just as long as they can't mess it up for you... *Smile

Always worth looking in group policy too if you have Pro.. I noted something else related.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to get rid of settings icon in onscreen keyboard - Similar Threads - rid settings icon

2. how to get rid out of this icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get rid out of this icon: how to turn off the annoying display in the lower right side of the task bar in win 10 ..there is no name of that app but when i click on it it opens this web address:Microsoft Start msn.com there is no option to remove this forced **** by Microsoft....
  3. onscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    onscreen keyboard: I have a Dell Latitude 7220 tablet using Windows 10. The device is currently in tablet mode and the onscreen keyboard will not deploy. The keyboard icon is visible in the bottom right hand corner, but nothing happens when you click on it. I have gone in the keyboard settings...
  4. Keyboard settings disappeared, how can I get rid of unneeded keyboards?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard settings disappeared, how can I get rid of unneeded keyboards?: I think the new update did it. submitted by /u/UltimateArts13 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lqilq0/keyboard_settings_disappeared_how_can_i_get_rid/
  5. Onscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onscreen keyboard: My keyboard has been spoiled and I used onscreen keyboard to type before upgrading from windows 7 to 10 but now the onscreen keyboard types the same like my corrupted keyboard. When I type 2 it shows @ shift values for all the numbers and symbols If I on caps lock it shows...
  6. Onscreen keyboard

Onscreen keyboard: How do I get rid of the onscreen keyboard? It appears during the bootup sequence. Since I use the regular keyboard, I have to manually close it several times a session. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onscreen-keyboard/854646e3-61b5-40d0-a1b6-168630438043
  7. How do I get rid of the onscreen keyboard that is on tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of the onscreen keyboard that is on tablet mode?: The onscreen keyboard that takes up half of the screen won't close. I've tried turning off mouse keyboard settings, there is nothing running in my task manager, and I don't know what else to try. submitted by /u/UbisoftServersLag [link] [comments]...
  8. Onscreen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Onscreen Keyboard: My onscreen keyboard looks like this. Nothing I do can change it. Help. Don Cole [img] 124733
  9. how to get rid of these redundant icons

how to get rid of these redundant icons: Just now installed Update (KB3176936) for Windows 10 x64-Based Systems......Upon restart my Google Drive Desktop Icon has turned into a white rectangle ( I can go to the icon properties and assign a generic one from Windows ) but I want to try to fix it. What annoys me even...
  10. Onscreen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Onscreen Keyboard: Are there any settings for this thing? Not sure if any of you have ever used Android but the keyboard on that operating system actually has settings. I can't seem to find anything useful on Windows 10. 26330