Windows 10: How to get rid of Snipping Tool Completely

Discus and support How to get rid of Snipping Tool Completely in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In my organization, we require the use of GreenShot instead of the Microsoft Snipping tool. This was working beautifully in Windows 10 LTSC, but with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Loupyre, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Loupyre Win User

How to get rid of Snipping Tool Completely

In my organization, we require the use of GreenShot instead of the Microsoft Snipping tool. This was working beautifully in Windows 10 LTSC, but with the upgrade to Windows 11 the snipping tool is relentless. We have uninstalled the snipping tool, gone into the registry and turned it off under Current User, and gone into the registry under Local Machine and enabled "DisableSnippingTool". Even after all of this, when the user attempts to use the FN + Print Screen shortcut some rebel version of Snipping Tool pops up to haunt us.How do we get rid of this thing?

:)

Loupyre, Apr 16, 2024

2. snipping tool

Please try this:

Step 1:

Click Start, and type Snipping Tool.

Right-click Snipping Tool from the search results, and click App Settings

Click Reset,

Click Repair.

Note: In Windows 11, there is no Snip and Sketch. It comes pre-installed with the new Snipping Tool (which replaces the old Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch apps)

Step 2:

Turn off Focus assist if it's enabled

Step 3:

Open Services.msc and make sure that the following services are set to "Automatic" and running:

• Windows Push Notifications System Service
    • Windows Push Notifications User Service

Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 16, 2024
  3. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Apr 16, 2024
  4. Loupyre Win User

How to get rid of Snipping Tool Completely?

In my organization, we require the use of GreenShot instead of the Microsoft Snipping tool. This was working beautifully in Windows 10 LTSC, but with the upgrade to Windows 11 the snipping tool is relentless.
    We have uninstalled the snipping tool, gone into the registry and turned it off under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Keyboard "PrintScreenKeyForSnippingEnabled"="0", and gone into the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\ Microsoft\TabletPC "DisableSnippingTool" = "1". Even after all of this, when the user attempts to use the FN + Print Screen shortcut some rebel version of Snipping Tool pops up to haunt us.
    How do we get rid of this thing?

Loupyre, Apr 16, 2024
Thema:

1. How to get rid of Snipping Tool Completely - Similar Threads - rid Snipping Tool

2. How do I get rid of the red box around my snapshot in the snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the red box around my snapshot in the snipping tool?: Every time I use the snipping tool, it keeps the "selection box" as part of the image. How can I remove the red "selection box" from my snapshot?...
  3. How do I get rid of the red box around my snapshot in the snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of the red box around my snapshot in the snipping tool?: Every time I use the snipping tool, it keeps the "selection box" as part of the image. How can I remove the red "selection box" from my snapshot?...
  4. I want to get permanently rid of SNIPPING TOOL - A HUGE NUISANCE, HOW????

I want to get permanently rid of SNIPPING TOOL - A HUGE NUISANCE, HOW????: I want to get permanently rid of SNIPPING TOOL - A HUGE NUISANCE, and go back to double clicking Print Screen. HOW CAN I DO THIS?????Settings don't work.I want this garbage GONE!!...
  5. I want to get permanently rid of SNIPPING TOOL - A HUGE NUISANCE, HOW????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to get permanently rid of SNIPPING TOOL - A HUGE NUISANCE, HOW????: I want to get permanently rid of SNIPPING TOOL - A HUGE NUISANCE, and go back to double clicking Print Screen. HOW CAN I DO THIS?????Settings don't work.I want this garbage GONE!!...
  6. How to get rid of Snipping Tool Completely

How to get rid of Snipping Tool Completely: In my organization, we require the use of GreenShot instead of the Microsoft Snipping tool. This was working beautifully in Windows 10 LTSC, but with the upgrade to Windows 11 the snipping tool is relentless. We have uninstalled the snipping tool, gone into the registry and...
  7. How do I get rid of Windows 11 snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Windows 11 snipping tool?: New Win11 user here. If I'm understanding correctly, the new snipping tool is controlled using the Print Scrn button. Problem is, I have a third party app that I'd rather use for snipping, and Windows' default is overriding my commands, outputs, and settings. I've tried...
  8. How do I get rid of Windows 11 snipping tool?

How do I get rid of Windows 11 snipping tool?: New Win11 user here. If I'm understanding correctly, the new snipping tool is controlled using the Print Scrn button. Problem is, I have a third party app that I'd rather use for snipping, and Windows' default is overriding my commands, outputs, and settings. I've tried...
  9. SNIP SNIP TOOL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SNIP SNIP TOOL: Does anyone know where my screen snips are saved? I can't find it in files. I really don't know where they go Like I can't screenshot using Windows+prt sc while my laptop is in 360 degrees. It is bothersome....
  10. How to get rid of One Drive completely

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of One Drive completely: I would like to get rid of One Drive completely. By logging in locally and not with a Microsoft account, One Drive is not activated. In previous Windows versions you could uninstall One Drive in Programs and Features, but it no longer appears? One Drive is based in the...