Windows 10: How to get rid of the line under the taskbar icons ?

Discus and support How to get rid of the line under the taskbar icons ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I open a program that I have pinned to the task bar, this line appears under the program icon. Is there any way to remove this feature? [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mazon15, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mazon15 Win User

How to get rid of the line under the taskbar icons ?

When I open a program that I have pinned to the task bar, this line appears under the program icon. Is there any way to remove this feature?

How to get rid of the line under the taskbar icons ? [​IMG]

:)

mazon15, Jul 29, 2015

2. icon underlined on the taksbar in Win 10

You can check this
    forum
    since the steps to disable it are explained by several users with the same concern. Goodluck.

SimpleMindz, Jul 29, 2015
  3. marelpa Win User
    How do I get rid of the Icons to the right of the task bar?

How do I get rid of the icons on the right upper corner of my laaptop in windows 10?

marelpa, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

They're just indicating that the program is open and minimized. I've no idea how to remove it but it's a feature I really like.

Boozad, Jul 29, 2015
  5. aitch Win User
    I hate the lines. They are on my taskbar also.

They were not there when I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1.
    Now that I have done a clean install the lines are irritatingly visible.

Hoping for help on this like the first poster.

All the best.

aitch, Aug 1, 2015
  6. The line is there to see if the program is open.

To get rid of it close the program.

MrRandomMan, Aug 1, 2015
  7. DJG
    DJG Win User
    They're especially useful if you have several apps pinned to the taskbar.

8. bro67 Win User

Does not bother me any. There are other things to worry more about.

bro67, Aug 1, 2015
  9. aitch Win User
    No they aren't.

aitch, Aug 1, 2015
  10. aitch Win User
    If it does not bother you why did you reply?

aitch, Aug 1, 2015
  11. DJG
    DJG Win User
    As always, YMMV ...

12. YOU
    You Win User
    What is so annoying about it?

13. wpcoe Win User

I agree that the underline is jarring, but I'm guessing that's only because it's new and I'm not used to it. I do think it is necessary now that the shading of the entire background of the icon is not contrasting much with the rest of the taskbar. Without the underline it would be tricky to determine with a glance which apps are open.

wpcoe, Aug 1, 2015
  14. Yes, they were.
    Maybe you didn't have any programs open or your monitor settings obscured them.

I'm easily annoyed at these Microsoft interferences, so I feel your pain, but this is one I actually like.

teachermark, Aug 1, 2015
  15. Boozad Win User
    They're there for a reason, it's pretty simple. Same as the box used to show around opened programs in previous versions of Windows.

Boozad, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. How to get rid of the line under the taskbar icons ? - Similar Threads - rid line under

2. How To Get Rid Of Windows 11 Taskbar Surface Line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Get Rid Of Windows 11 Taskbar Surface Line: Hi, I Am Miguel And I Am Here To Help You.If You're Annoyed Of The Windows 11 22H2 Taskbar Surface Line, You Came To The Right PlaceBefore:After:Let Me Show You How To Do It.NOTE: This software doesn't break your device and i am not responsible if it breaksStep 1: Download...
  3. How To Get Rid Of Windows 11 Taskbar Surface Line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Get Rid Of Windows 11 Taskbar Surface Line: Hi, I Am Miguel And I Am Here To Help You.If You're Annoyed Of The Windows 11 22H2 Taskbar Surface Line, You Came To The Right PlaceBefore:After:Let Me Show You How To Do It.NOTE: This software doesn't break your device and i am not responsible if it breaksStep 1: Download...
  4. Line under taskbar icons not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Line under taskbar icons not working: The blue line under my taskbar is not there anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/line-under-taskbar-icons-not-working/b3b1210c-e845-4669-9b09-18ad8cfdf479
  5. How to get rid of this white line?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of this white line?: [IMG] submitted by /u/kreetikal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g5iu1a/how_to_get_rid_of_this_white_line/
  6. How to hide blue line under W10 Taskbar Icon

How to hide blue line under W10 Taskbar Icon: Please advise how to hide annoying blue line under task bar icon at Windows 10: Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-blue-line-under-w10-taskbar-icon/e4e2d9c7-6299-4025-8178-b224616aa3d7
  7. Green Line Under Taskbar

Green Line Under Taskbar: I know this has to do with virtual desktops... but it's super obnoxious. Is there a way to get rid of it? I don't really need or want multiple desktops anyway, and it's irritating that it shows a little green bar under every program even when I only have one desktop... 14448
  8. How to get rid of the line under open programs on taskbar

How to get rid of the line under open programs on taskbar: This thin blue line appeared again under websites I have open in my taskbar. It had gone away but back after the Anniversary Update. I find it distracting and want it gone. I use was IE 11 as my default but now see Edge as default program if that helps 59735
  9. How to increase the width of the line under the taskbar icons?

How to increase the width of the line under the taskbar icons?: I want to increase the width of the lines under the open items in task bar in windows 10...the lines that currently appear are too narrow and a little hard to see. Can this be possibly done, even if it's through the use of a third-party software? Or otherwise, is there anyway...
  10. How to get rid of the "lines" under every task bar button?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of the "lines" under every task bar button?: I am talking about these lines: [img] I don't like them because they shrink the icon size and when I move the cursor to the bottom of the screen where the red arrow is and click it doesn't register, which can be annoying. 9630

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove blue line on taskbar win10