Windows 10: how to get rid of these redundant icons

Discus and support how to get rid of these redundant icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just now installed Update (KB3176936) for Windows 10 x64-Based Systems......Upon restart my Google Drive Desktop Icon has turned into a white rectangle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rdburke, Aug 25, 2016.

1. rdburke Win User

how to get rid of these redundant icons

Just now installed Update (KB3176936) for Windows 10 x64-Based Systems......Upon restart my Google Drive Desktop Icon has turned into a white rectangle ( I can go to the icon properties and assign a generic one from Windows ) but I want to try to fix it. What annoys me even more is the fact that on my lock screen at Windows Startup I have two new user icons for switching users. I am the only user but the new icons have my name on both......see example below. Can someone tell me how to get rid of these redundant icons? Red arrow shows what I am talking about...
    *Shock

how to get rid of these redundant icons [​IMG]

:)

rdburke, Aug 25, 2016

2. how do i get rid of these?

Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...

Should you have any questions please ask us.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 25, 2016
  3. how do i get rid of these?

i tried both the SFC a few times and DISM a few times and neither found any "integrity violations"

the computer is running slow and the red sign with the little x on it is intermittently on the sound and networking icons on the taskbar (wifi & audio work most of time )

I connected to IT assistants through Microsoft windows 10 online (they controlled my cursor and checked things like drivers etc.) and it was to no avail how to get rid of these redundant icons :( the red signs went away, I thanked them for their assistance, and lo & behold, they come back after
    I disconnect from them.

I went to win10 from win7 and have 2gb ram (would've changed to 4gb if the stick actually worked) I upgraded from a single core AMD to dual core. my cpu is 35watt instead of 25 watt.

I'm pulling straws here. Maybe I have a corruption or virus? I don't want to reset unless I really have to as I have so many apps downloaded.

ATTN: new update! I asked Microsoft answer tech and he said the computer is fine and just wait for November win10 update since it will solve common bugs

Nick Super, Aug 25, 2016
  4. rdburke Win User

Been a while back since I posted this........

rdburke, Oct 30, 2016
Thema:

1. how to get rid of these redundant icons - Similar Threads - rid redundant icons

2. How do I get rid of Zombie icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of Zombie icons?: I have two issues with Zombie icons.1 There are about 35 icons mostly **.msg but a few **.ppt and **.exe and 7 folders containing the same sort of files that I have placed in the Recycle Bin and then have Emptied the Recycle Bin whenever I add a new one to be deleted. About...
  3. how to get rid out of this icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get rid out of this icon: how to turn off the annoying display in the lower right side of the task bar in win 10 ..there is no name of that app but when i click on it it opens this web address:Microsoft Start msn.com there is no option to remove this forced **** by Microsoft....
  4. how to get rid out of this icon

how to get rid out of this icon: how to turn off the annoying display in the lower right side of the task bar in win 10 ..there is no name of that app but when i click on it it opens this web address:Microsoft Start msn.com there is no option to remove this forced **** by Microsoft....
  5. How to get rid of this black square icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of this black square icon: A microphone-like icon appear out of nowhere on my screen. I dont even know what it means. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this-black-square-icon/3f714516-ccd8-4cf6-9f25-a79b3091a721
  6. How to get rid of this black square icon

How to get rid of this black square icon: A microphone-like icon appear out of nowhere on my screen. I dont even know what it means. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this-black-square-icon/3f714516-ccd8-4cf6-9f25-a79b3091a721
  7. How to get rid of this black square icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to get rid of this annoying tray icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of this annoying tray icon?: [ATTACH] The label on the icon is: "Security mode is off." I disabled Defender startup icons but this one still persists. Any ideas? https://preview.redd.it/urnd2q9f60t61.png?width=224&format=png&auto=webp&s=ba5ec75908fa84893a176f88b112aa9b383bc23a submitted by...
  9. SysTray Redundant Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    SysTray Redundant Icons: I get this (attached) when I open the systray using the arrow up. This happens every morning. I then run the mouse cursor over the empty icons and the empty icons disappear. Just wondering why? [img] 174614
  10. Redundant Volume Bar - Unable to find source and get rid of!

in Windows 10 Support
    Redundant Volume Bar - Unable to find source and get rid of!: [img] For the last week or so, I've had this volume bar showing up in the lower center of my monitor. It is sometimes there, sometimes not, and seems quite random. I am unable to move it, hide it or find the source. I was not able to get a picture of it via the computer,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do I get rid of all these win 10 icons i the task bar

2. how to get rid of redundant icon on desktop