Windows 10: How To Get Sys Dump Or Similar For Frozen Computer?

Discus and support How To Get Sys Dump Or Similar For Frozen Computer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My son's computer keeps freezing up on a game he's started playing. It locks up, no movement. He's waited as long as 15 minutes and it doesn't come... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Aug 29, 2018.

1. abrogard Win User

How To Get Sys Dump Or Similar For Frozen Computer?

My son's computer keeps freezing up on a game he's started playing.

It locks up, no movement. He's waited as long as 15 minutes and it doesn't come out of that state.

He can do nothing with the machine but sign out. Ctl Alt Del brings up the usual choices he says - which includes Task Manager for instance - but clicking on Task Manager does not bring it up, it doesn't run, he can't use it.

So I thought he needs a system registers dump to pass on to the writers of the game to show where the system is at when it freezes.

But when I tried to google how to do that with Win10 I only got a help screen that referred me via a link to a page which now (I think it probably didn't used to be) is a sort of front page for all of Microsoft - asking you which product you're interested in and so on.....

Fairly useless.

Is there some way to get some pertinent info that perhaps would be of interest to the game developers?

And/or is there some preferred actions he/we could take to perhaps resolve the issue ourselves?

How To Get Sys Dump Or Similar For Frozen Computer? :)

p.s. I kinda vaguely thought there was a debug function available virtually at all times that would give a registers dump... no?

:)

abrogard, Aug 29, 2018
  2. Jesrael Bor Win User

Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 29, 2018
  3. Jesrael Bor Win User
    Frozen Computer

Hi Cindy,

In order for us to help you with your frozen computer, kindly answer the following questions:

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post and we appreciate your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 29, 2018
  4. gridrunner Win User

Why is the vbios size different when dumped from gpuz than when at command line

Hi. I need to dump some GPU Vbios. I normally do it from command line in Linux using for example
    • echo 1 > /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/rom
    • cat /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/rom > vbios.dump
    • echo 0 > /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/rom
    I use these files for gpu passthrough in KVM.
    I was hoping that gpuz would do this easier for me. However, the GPU vbios dumps are a different size.
    For example, my 750ti from Linux dump is 131kb but from gpuz its 165kb.

Why is it different. Unfortunately, the gpuz dump doesn't work for the purpose of GPU passthrough in KVM.

gridrunner, Aug 29, 2018
Thema:

1. How To Get Sys Dump Or Similar For Frozen Computer? - Similar Threads - Sys Dump Similar

2. frozen laptop computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    frozen laptop computer: I checked your help screen with regards to this problem but all your suggestions require typing a command. My computer is frozen on a screen and I cannot type. I have pulled the plug and am allowing the battery to die and when the battery dies I can re-plug the power in and...
  3. Using UUP dump to get 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using UUP dump to get 1809: Been browsing the stickies in Win 10 News and was wondering whether I could beat MS to the post and install 1809 in place of my existing 1803. I used UUP dump to get a 1809 ISO but not at all sure now how best to proceed. I have imaged my 1803 so free to cause mayhem without...
  4. Frozen computer after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Frozen computer after update: I was asked to update my windows in a popup, i could not get out of the popup until i either said update now or choose a later time. I chose a later time, after the update i have not been able to get into my computer, it goes to just a black screen. Can you help?...
  5. 2 similar Wireless names on same computer??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 similar Wireless names on same computer??: I am not a computer nerd but need to know if this is necessary to have 2 wireless with similar names -- NetGear74 and NetGear74-5GB on my desktop. Well my desktop is HP Omen 870-119 and have the cable modem, Thomson DC475 from my internet service provider also have the...
  6. Windows 10 computer frozen

Windows 10 computer frozen: My Windows 10 computer suddenly goes frozen after a few minutes. It is frozen forever and my mouse cannot move. My computer is one year old and it is Lenovo ideapad 300 I am not sure whether it was a Windows 10 update which caused this or whether theres a virus (Im pretty...
  7. How to separate similar applications in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to separate similar applications in the taskbar?: The taskbar always attaches similar applications, placing them next to each other, and moving one always moves the other as well: [img] ⇓ [img] Can I get rid of this behavior and make each application move by its own? Apologies if this was asked, I searched and...
  8. I am getting this Error in Dump

I am getting this Error in Dump: I looked at the dump files and came away with this. STACK_COMMAND: kb FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner MODULE_NAME: GenuineIntel IMAGE_NAME: GenuineIntel DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0 IMAGE_VERSION: FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE BUCKET_ID:...
  9. How to Fix windows 10 Getting ready Frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Fix windows 10 Getting ready Frozen: How to fix frozen stuck at getting ready the dots stop turning and the blue cursor shows Sample Laptop Dell Inspiron 15 5558 Intel Core i7-5500U 6GB 1TB HD [img] 73392
  10. my computer get frozen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my computer get frozen: it frozen all the time pleaasae help 94835