Windows 10: How to get the Taskbar to show the long form of the time & date?

Discus and support How to get the Taskbar to show the long form of the time & date? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OK, I've done the settings for the time & date. However, no matter how wide I make the Taskbar, the short form continues to be shown. In Windows 7,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by swampwiz, Aug 8, 2015.

1. swampwiz Win User

How to get the Taskbar to show the long form of the time & date?

OK, I've done the settings for the time & date. However, no matter how wide I make the Taskbar, the short form continues to be shown. In Windows 7, when the Taskbar was widened, the long form would be shown. Is there something I need to do here? Or is this YET ANOTHER BUG? *Mad

:)

swampwiz, Aug 8, 2015

2. how long is the wait time to get the download form MS

If you click on the Announcement link above it says it can take days or weeks. Bottom line is that no one can really tell you when your turn will come.

You can use this:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

to download/update right away. Use the first option to update the machine. And after that you can use the same tool to create a DVD/USB drive just in case you ever need to reinstall.

A_User_Here, Aug 8, 2015
  3. how long is the wait time to get the download form MS

Requested Window 1 in late June 2015. As of August 3 2015 I have not received a download of Window 10. does anyone know how long it will take MS to send out all requested updates. Is their a way of telling where i am in the que to get my copy of window

BruceGitelson, Aug 8, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

BunnyJ, Aug 8, 2015
  5. No bug here! Just don't set the icons in the taskbar to "Small" and the time will display over the date, so both will show.
    Works for me, anyway.
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Aug 8, 2015
  6. swampwiz Win User
    That webpage doesn't really help me unless I want to do a custom format for the short form that resembles the long form, but that would also eliminate the possibility of showing the short form!

I'm not having the problem of the time & date not showing; they are showing as per the short form. The problem is that the long form does not show when the Taskbar is widened.

swampwiz, Aug 8, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    I don't think you can change the format of the date by adjusting the width of the task bar.

BunnyJ, Aug 8, 2015
  8. swampwiz Win User

In Windows 7, the Taskbar did change by widening it. Now I should say that I am talking about the Taskbar being oriented on a side, not the top/bottom. I tried orienting it on the bottom, an when widened, it would show the long form.

I think this must be a bug that the testers just never got around to testing. I wonder how I can contact Microsoft to inform them of this bug?

swampwiz, Aug 8, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Check out the Windows Feedback app found on the all apps part of the start menu.

BunnyJ, Aug 8, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Is this what you're looking for?

At step 5 copy & past the long version into the short version's box.

How to get the Taskbar to show the long form of the time & date? [​IMG]

Cliff S, Aug 8, 2015
  11. Antilope Win User
    Good tip! Works for me.

Now, is there a way to make it appear in Roman Numerals? What? No!! Cheap Microsoft!!! (Just kidding. *Biggrin)

Antilope, Aug 8, 2015
  12. swampwiz Win User
    I know that simply replacing the format is a solution, but that would eliminate the ability to see the short version.

swampwiz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to get the Taskbar to show the long form of the time & date? - Similar Threads - Taskbar show long

2. How to change task bar to show long form of time with seconds for Win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change task bar to show long form of time with seconds for Win10?: How can I change the time that appears in my task bar from short form to long form for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-task-bar-to-show-long-form-of-time/984d51ba-9d13-4467-84b0-6ca870f54369
  3. How to change task bar to show long form of time with seconds for Win10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change task bar to show long form of time with seconds for Win10?: How can I change the time that appears in my task bar from short form to long form for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-task-bar-to-show-long-form-of-time/984d51ba-9d13-4467-84b0-6ca870f54369
  4. How to change task bar to show long form of time with seconds for Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Taskbar Date/Time to Show Seconds

Taskbar Date/Time to Show Seconds: Before the update, when I clicked on the date/time on the taskbar in the lower right corner, it displayed the time in big font, with seconds, along with the calendar. However, now when I click it, it only shows the calendar, without the time. How can I get it to display the...
  6. Taskbar Date/Time to Show Seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Date/Time to Show Seconds: Before the update, when I clicked on the date/time on the taskbar in the lower right corner, it displayed the time in big font, with seconds, along with the calendar. However, now when I click it, it only shows the calendar, without the time. How can I get it to display the...
  7. Show long date format in taskbar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show long date format in taskbar in Windows 11: It seems to only show the short day format, how do I show the long day format? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-long-date-format-in-taskbar-in-windows-11/e9a4304b-2fc5-410e-9926-3d5fc1e67937
  8. Show long date format in taskbar in Windows 11

Show long date format in taskbar in Windows 11: It seems to only show the short day format, how do I show the long day format? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-long-date-format-in-taskbar-in-windows-11/e9a4304b-2fc5-410e-9926-3d5fc1e67937
  9. Time & Date on taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Time & Date on taskbar: Time and date stopped appearing in taskbar. Taskbar will not expand when double arrow tried to move edge of taskbar. Taskbar settings does not show as locked. Used to be OK but stopped about a week ago. Reinstalled Windows 10, didn't help. Virus scan didn't improve it....
  10. Long Date Not showing in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Long Date Not showing in Taskbar: I have the long date format set in the taskbar (dddd dd MMMM yyyy) and it works every day except for Wednesday. On that day the only thing that is shown is the time. Tried using short month ie Sep but nothing seems to work. No big deal but, just wondering if anyone else has...