Windows 10: How to get TV I'm using for a monitor to come on when PC does?

Discus and support How to get TV I'm using for a monitor to come on when PC does? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Waiting for the prices of 4k 32" monitors to fall, I'm using a Vizio 1920 x 1080p TV with HDMI in for a monitor. How do I get it to turn on when I turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by therealsimpsons, Mar 14, 2017.

1. How to get TV I'm using for a monitor to come on when PC does?

Waiting for the prices of 4k 32" monitors to fall, I'm using a Vizio 1920 x 1080p TV with HDMI in for a monitor. How do I get it to turn on when I turn on the PC? Right now I have to switch it on and off manually. Is there something in the boot sequence I need to change, and if so, how?

:)

therealsimpsons, Mar 14, 2017

2. Audio from "Second Screen Only" speakers not working (audio only coming from first screen speakers)

Hi guys,

So for the longest time, I've had my computer connected to a monitor and a TV. The monitor has some Logitech speakers, while my TV has a Sony Sound Bar. When I'm working, I'm using my monitor. When I'm gaming, I'm using my TV. To switch screens, I would
    simply turn on my TV, and use the Windows+P shortcut to select "Second Screen Only." It was easy. Things worked.

As of yesterday (February 28th, 2016) when I turn on my TV, I'm able to switch to "Second Screen Only" but the audio continues to come out of my monitor speakers. I right click on the sound icon, and go to "playback devices" but my Sony Television is no
    longer listed. It's not there even if I enable "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices."

My sound bar definitely still works. PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U audio come out of it just fine. I know my sound bar isn't broken, or else the Sony TV would not display any picture.

Any idea what's going on? Was there a driver update that messed everything up?

Just in case anybody was curious, this is how my setup looks.

PC HDMI1 --> Monitor

PC HDMI2 --> HDMI Switch --> Sound Bar --> Sony TV

lastdinosaur17, Mar 14, 2017
  3. HDMI Multi-monitor Issue with HP All-In-One PC.

I've been trying to connect my HP All-In-One PC to my TV, so I can use the TV as a second monitor. It detects the TV and then it switches all video output to the TV and nothing short of physically disconnecting the TV gets the video back to the PC. I've
    tried everything I know of to get it to recognise both the PC monitor and TV at the same time but I'm out of ideas.

betterwatchit, Mar 14, 2017
  4. How to get TV I'm using for a monitor to come on when PC does?

Don't turn the TV off....you don't have an all-in-one or a laptop, your pc cannot turn your TV on no more than your VCR.

logicearth, Mar 14, 2017
  5. That doesn't help. If I leave it on, with the PC off, the TV recognizes "no signal" and shuts itself off in a few minutes. So still have to manually turn it on when I turn on the PC again.

therealsimpsons, Mar 14, 2017
  6. I don't see the big issue here. I have been using 3 tv's for years and every morning I have to turn them on before I start the pc. I don't mind it really.

I mean you really should have the TV off because they all come brand new with a few hundred thousand hours life expectancy. May seem like a lot but time goes by fast.

gettheclicker, Mar 15, 2017
  7. Three monitors I turn on and off every time I turn my PC on and off.

One way to do it, as its a TV, is to send the remote ON signal. You'd need an IR transmitter and a way to tell your PC to send the on signal on boot up. It may be easier to just reach over and turn it on. It's easy to do on my XBOX, I just plug in an IR Blaster and change a few settings. XBOX turns my cable box on too. And turns them both off again when I turn it off.

The only other way is with the HDMI CEC commands. Both ends have to support that though, TV and your Video card.

alphanumeric, Mar 15, 2017
  8. Fafhrd Win User

How to get TV I'm using for a monitor to come on when PC does?

I use my TV remote
    How to get TV I'm using for a monitor to come on when PC does? [​IMG]
    , then source 2x - ymmv

Fafhrd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to get TV I'm using for a monitor to come on when PC does?

1. How to get TV I'm using for a monitor to come on when PC does? - Similar Threads - I'm using monitor

2. How to get a picture on tv/monitor with hdmi PC connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get a picture on tv/monitor with hdmi PC connection?: My PC worked on my monitor with HDMI connection 2/3 days ago,I am on Windows 10, and haven’t done any updates recently.My problem started today, as I’ve done some rearranging in my home for couple days, and now my PC is refusing to connect to my TV.I’ve tried connecting it to...
  3. How to get a picture on tv/monitor with hdmi PC connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get a picture on tv/monitor with hdmi PC connection?: My PC worked on my monitor with HDMI connection 2/3 days ago,I am on Windows 10, and haven’t done any updates recently.My problem started today, as I’ve done some rearranging in my home for couple days, and now my PC is refusing to connect to my TV.I’ve tried connecting it to...
  4. How to get a picture on tv/monitor with hdmi PC connection?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. No sound coming out from the tv when using HDMI.

No sound coming out from the tv when using HDMI.: I have tried all 6:Method 1: Restart Your ComputerMethod 2: Set HDMI as default Playback Device My tv or any tv did pop outMethod 3: Update your Sound DriversMethod 4: Enable Audio ControllersMethod 5: Update Graphics Card DriversMethod 6: Uninstall Graphic and Audio Drivers...
  6. No sound coming out from the tv when using HDMI.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound coming out from the tv when using HDMI.: I have tried all 6:Method 1: Restart Your ComputerMethod 2: Set HDMI as default Playback Device My tv or any tv did pop outMethod 3: Update your Sound DriversMethod 4: Enable Audio ControllersMethod 5: Update Graphics Card DriversMethod 6: Uninstall Graphic and Audio Drivers...
  7. How to use 1440p Monitor and 1080p TV as Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use 1440p Monitor and 1080p TV as Dual Monitors: I have a 1440p Monitor on my desktop, and I run an HDMI from my GTX 970 graphics card to the 1080p TV in my living room. I do this so I can sit on the couch and watch something every now and then. The problem I am having is when I play a video game on the PC, I have to unplug...
  8. How to use 1440p Monitor and 1080p TV as Dual Monitors

How to use 1440p Monitor and 1080p TV as Dual Monitors: I have a 1440p Monitor on my desktop, and I run an HDMI from my GTX 970 graphics card to the 1080p TV in my living room. I do this so I can sit on the couch and watch something every now and then. The problem I am having is when I play a video game on the PC, I have to unplug...
  9. I'm using an elitebook 8440p, when I connect to a TV through hdmi, the audio comes from the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm using an elitebook 8440p, when I connect to a TV through hdmi, the audio comes from the...: I've tried updating the drivers, it did nothing submitted by /u/DUFFnoob40 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kakcew/im_using_an_elitebook_8440p_when_i_connect_to_a/
  10. Unable to use Monitor and TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to use Monitor and TV: I can use the output from the card for each separately but they will not work together. I have downloaded the latest drivers and tried all Microsoft fixes. I also went to Nvidia and they could not get it to work but said it should. Has anyone else had this problem.?...