Windows 10: How to get Windows 10 to read a game disk

Discus and support How to get Windows 10 to read a game disk in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a reader rabbit disk game that wont run on my windows 10computer. Is there a way to fix that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TabithaCarver, Jul 5, 2018.

1. How to get Windows 10 to read a game disk

I have a reader rabbit disk game that wont run on my windows 10computer. Is there a way to fix that?

:)

TabithaCarver, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Games keep crashing on Windows 10.

Hi,

I would like to inform that the games which were working in previous Operating System may or may not work in Windows 10 due to compatibility issues. I suggest you to check for the latest version of the games which are not working, check compatibility
    with Windows 10 and install. If the latest version is not available or if the games are not compatible, suggest you to install the games in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below:

• Download the setup files for the game nd save it on your local disk.

• Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.

• Select “Compatibility” Tab.

• Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

• Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

How to get Windows 10 to read a game disk

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

How to get Windows 10 to read a game disk

1. How to get Windows 10 to read a game disk - Similar Threads - read game disk

2. Disk reading error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk reading error: When I start my pc it says that there is a disk read error. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-reading-error/ecb05ee0-c691-41ef-a23b-a56f5b3c2efe
  3. Windows 10 Disk Read Error Occured

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Disk Read Error Occured: Hey, I am facing this issue since months and not having a perfect solution to it.Whenever I start my PC, it shows me, "A disk read error occured Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". And even after doing this, my PC shows the same.Can anyone please help me with this?...
  4. Windows 10 Disk Read Error Occured

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Disk Read Error Occured: Hey, I am facing this issue since months and not having a perfect solution to it.Whenever I start my PC, it shows me, "A disk read error occured Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". And even after doing this, my PC shows the same.Can anyone please help me with this?...
  5. Windows 10 Disk Read Error Occured

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Disk read error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk read error.: my laptop is jut displaying a screen sying that a disk read error has occured and i have to restart it by clicking on Alt, Ctrl, Del buttons. but its still not working when i press the buttons....
  7. Windows 10 installation disk not being read by disk drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation disk not being read by disk drive.: Im trying to install windows 10 onto my pc which doesnt have an opperating system at the moment. I have a windows 10 disk that i’ve been trying to use to install windows 10 onto it. Whenever I put the disk into the drive, it doesn’t recognize the disk. I can boot the pc using...
  8. Disk driver not reading

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk driver not reading: After installing Manjaro entire Windows is not booting up. To perform and clean installation disk 0 is invalid in Diskpart. Please help I cannot even install a new software or get my photos from the disk......
  9. Windows (10) can't read disk in drive ...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows (10) can't read disk in drive ...: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/l2ofghk512p41.png?width=361&format=png&auto=webp&s=5f1143880e7d11fa0fb147ee26db698fb12e04b5 Has anyone else had this issue? I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the driver, ran all the latest updates, etc., but I can't get rid of this...
  10. Unable to get to Windows sometimes, Hard Disk Read Error.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to get to Windows sometimes, Hard Disk Read Error.: Hi, since about a week ago, I started having this problem upon boot, "Hard Disk read error, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete" to restart. [img] I firstly checked my SSD which I use for installing windows. It has a perfect 100% Health as shown by HDSentinel. I changed the ports to...