Windows 10: How to get Windows 10 to work in a user account in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to get Windows 10 to work in a user account in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am the administrator on my son's computer. He has a user account. The computer had Windows 8.1 installed on it which worked fine. When I installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jackjack, Aug 19, 2016.

1. jackjack Win User

How to get Windows 10 to work in a user account in Windows 10?

I am the administrator on my son's computer. He has a user account. The computer had Windows 8.1 installed on it which worked fine. When I installed Windows 10 on the computer, it worked fine in my account but wiped out all the tiles and the start menu in the user account. It doesn't even look like windows 8. Is there anyway I can get the user account to look like Windows 10?

:)

jackjack, Aug 19, 2016

2. How to get files from guest user account in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for replying with the status of the issue. We appreciate you spending time off of your busy schedule and replying to us.

Glad to know your issue has been resolved.

Write to us for assistance regarding any Windows related issue, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 19, 2016
  3. LEEFH33 Win User
    How to get files from guest user account in Windows 10.

Thank you Likhitha V.

The issue has been resolved.

LEEFH33, Aug 19, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I found all my start menu tiles had vanished after I upgraded Win 10 to the current anniversary edition (build 14393).

The start menu is as MS (re)designed it- everything in a list down the side. There is some freedom in changing the tiled area, but almost none in changing the left pane. It is possible to modify what's shown there by accessing the appropriate folder (see posts in Customisation).

The Win 10 start menu fails badly to express a start menu structure using folders and subfolders, as it extracts the shrotcuts from the subfolders, doesn't display the subfolders, and the organises everything alphabetically. Thus I might see

Help
    Help
    Help
    Help

in the menu- each one belonging to a separate program.

Thus I ignore the start menu, and choose to use a 3rd party solution.

E.g. Startisback, Start10, Classic Shell (free- for desktop users, no tiles)....

dalchina, Aug 19, 2016
Thema:

1. How to get Windows 10 to work in a user account in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - user account

2. Windows Update Signs Admin Account in as Temp User

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Signs Admin Account in as Temp User: Windows updated last night without my knowledge. Come back to a blank desktop and no files, or so it appeared. When signing in with the only account created on the computer, all settings are gone, accounts are signed out, and all files from desktop, downloads, documents, etc....
  3. Duplicate user accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Duplicate user accounts: I accidently created a duplicate user for myself on my HP laptop. Can I move files or consolidate the info into my main user name? I don't want files in two places....
  4. Multiple users in same account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple users in same account: [ATTACH] I have no idea what is this on earth. Can someone please help me make that only one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-users-in-same-account/6d3def8f-7d70-4238-b16a-8e994c9c6441
  5. change the user account control?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    change the user account control?: Hello dear community, with some programs I get the following message: (see attachment). I would like to know how I can issue this message so that it no longer appears for a certain program, i.e. the selection is automatically marked "yes". For your information: I use...
  6. 2 users on 1 account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 users on 1 account: Hi i dont know how to fix this but i am signed into my microsoft account and there are no other accounts to swap between but when i go to my files, this pc, users there is another account there that i cant get rid of. the account i cant get rid of is called guyv and it is...
  7. Users Account Control.Cannot open any APP as the "yes" sign is missing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Users Account Control.Cannot open any APP as the "yes" sign is missing: Windows Version number:Microsoft Windows Home 10:32 bit -X -64 processor.OS Build. 10.0:18363.836. Problem: " Do you want to allow this App to make changes to your device". There is the only the sign of- NO.Yes sign is missing" 1) I am not shown as administrator in my...
  8. Users Account Control.Cannot open any APP as the "yes" sign is missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Users Account Control.Cannot open any APP as the "yes" sign is missing: Windows Version number:Microsoft Windows Home 10:32 bit -X -64 processor.OS Build. 10.0:18363.836. Problem: " Do you want to allow this App to make changes to your device". There is the only the sign of- NO.Yes sign is missing" 1) I am not shown as administrator in my...
  9. I cannot see an user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot see an user account: So, i was installing windows after formatting my computer and after it finished i was installing stuff when i noticed it had created my user folder as just a random shortened form of my name. I found on a forum saying it could be solved creating a new local user, so i did...
  10. My user accounts are no longer functional

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My user accounts are no longer functional: My computer, Windows 10, was frozed so I was forced to do a hard reboot. When it came back up it, the login was different. It asked for a password rather than my pin and the password does not work. There are no other login options. I was able to use a Windows 10 install...