Windows 10: How to get Windows 10 to work in a user account in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to get Windows 10 to work in a user account in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am the administrator on my son's computer. He has a user account. The computer had Windows 8.1 installed on it which worked fine. When I installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jackjack, Aug 19, 2016.

1. jackjack Win User

How to get Windows 10 to work in a user account in Windows 10?

I am the administrator on my son's computer. He has a user account. The computer had Windows 8.1 installed on it which worked fine. When I installed Windows 10 on the computer, it worked fine in my account but wiped out all the tiles and the start menu in the user account. It doesn't even look like windows 8. Is there anyway I can get the user account to look like Windows 10?

:)

jackjack, Aug 19, 2016

2. How to get files from guest user account in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for replying with the status of the issue. We appreciate you spending time off of your busy schedule and replying to us.

Glad to know your issue has been resolved.

Write to us for assistance regarding any Windows related issue, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 19, 2016
  3. LEEFH33 Win User
    How to get files from guest user account in Windows 10.

Thank you Likhitha V.

The issue has been resolved.

LEEFH33, Aug 19, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I found all my start menu tiles had vanished after I upgraded Win 10 to the current anniversary edition (build 14393).

The start menu is as MS (re)designed it- everything in a list down the side. There is some freedom in changing the tiled area, but almost none in changing the left pane. It is possible to modify what's shown there by accessing the appropriate folder (see posts in Customisation).

The Win 10 start menu fails badly to express a start menu structure using folders and subfolders, as it extracts the shrotcuts from the subfolders, doesn't display the subfolders, and the organises everything alphabetically. Thus I might see

Help
    Help
    Help
    Help

in the menu- each one belonging to a separate program.

Thus I ignore the start menu, and choose to use a 3rd party solution.

E.g. Startisback, Start10, Classic Shell (free- for desktop users, no tiles)....

dalchina, Aug 19, 2016
Thema:

1. How to get Windows 10 to work in a user account in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - user account

2. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources: Good morning,I have two local accounts with administrator rights created on my computer.The first one - belongs to me - let's call it Account XThe second one of my brother's - let's call it Account YWhen I open account X and log into it, everything is fine and the task...
  3. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources: Good morning,I have two local accounts with administrator rights created on my computer.The first one - belongs to me - let's call it Account XThe second one of my brother's - let's call it Account YWhen I open account X and log into it, everything is fine and the task...
  4. Local account user denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local account user denied: Please, I am trying to run programs on my laptop , windows 11. But acess is denied with the * yes* button disappearing. I have tried all means but with safe mode prompt command but the * yes* button does not appear. Please help me out...
  5. Local account user denied

Local account user denied: Please, I am trying to run programs on my laptop , windows 11. But acess is denied with the * yes* button disappearing. I have tried all means but with safe mode prompt command but the * yes* button does not appear. Please help me out...
  6. I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...: Hi Team,I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have already tried the troubleshooting mention here where as there is no resolution yet, Please guide.Thanks & Regards,Debalina Das...
  7. I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...

I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...: Hi Team,I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have already tried the troubleshooting mention here where as there is no resolution yet, Please guide.Thanks & Regards,Debalina Das...
  8. I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. I can not log into my user account profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not log into my user account profile: I have to accounts profiles on my laptop, the first one wich is mine is an administrator account, and the second one is standard, two days ago I open my laptop and I coudn't find my account to click on and log in, as if it desappeared, the only account appearing is the other...
  10. I can not log into my user account profile

I can not log into my user account profile: I have to accounts profiles on my laptop, the first one wich is mine is an administrator account, and the second one is standard, two days ago I open my laptop and I coudn't find my account to click on and log in, as if it desappeared, the only account appearing is the other...