Windows 10: How to get Windows 10 to work in a user account in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to get Windows 10 to work in a user account in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am the administrator on my son's computer. He has a user account. The computer had Windows 8.1 installed on it which worked fine. When I installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jackjack, Aug 19, 2016.

1. jackjack Win User

How to get Windows 10 to work in a user account in Windows 10?

I am the administrator on my son's computer. He has a user account. The computer had Windows 8.1 installed on it which worked fine. When I installed Windows 10 on the computer, it worked fine in my account but wiped out all the tiles and the start menu in the user account. It doesn't even look like windows 8. Is there anyway I can get the user account to look like Windows 10?

:)

jackjack, Aug 19, 2016

2. How to get files from guest user account in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for replying with the status of the issue. We appreciate you spending time off of your busy schedule and replying to us.

Glad to know your issue has been resolved.

Write to us for assistance regarding any Windows related issue, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 19, 2016
  3. LEEFH33 Win User
    How to get files from guest user account in Windows 10.

Thank you Likhitha V.

The issue has been resolved.

LEEFH33, Aug 19, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I found all my start menu tiles had vanished after I upgraded Win 10 to the current anniversary edition (build 14393).

The start menu is as MS (re)designed it- everything in a list down the side. There is some freedom in changing the tiled area, but almost none in changing the left pane. It is possible to modify what's shown there by accessing the appropriate folder (see posts in Customisation).

The Win 10 start menu fails badly to express a start menu structure using folders and subfolders, as it extracts the shrotcuts from the subfolders, doesn't display the subfolders, and the organises everything alphabetically. Thus I might see

Help
    Help
    Help
    Help

in the menu- each one belonging to a separate program.

Thus I ignore the start menu, and choose to use a 3rd party solution.

E.g. Startisback, Start10, Classic Shell (free- for desktop users, no tiles)....

dalchina, Aug 19, 2016
Thema:

1. How to get Windows 10 to work in a user account in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - user account

2. Windows Account User gone from log-in screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Account User gone from log-in screen: I opened my laptop this morning to find that an entire account my family uses has randomly dissapeared. I need this fixed ASAP as it has important documents. The last time I used it was last night and everything was there before I shut it down....
  3. "We can't sign into your account" Corrupted User Profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "We can't sign into your account" Corrupted User Profile: Computer locked me out of my main user profile account on Monday after it would no longer accept my password and I clicked on the forgot password link. For some strange reason, that resulted in the creation of a a temporary profile. I can no longer sign in with my main user...
  4. While I try to access user account control its showing like thi. Please fix this problem

While I try to access user account control its showing like thi. Please fix this problem: While I try to access user account control its showing like thi. Please fix this problem [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-i-try-to-access-user-account-control-its/e0325bf6-6f4a-41b2-b29e-89aadf274f4b"
  5. How Do i Access My Old User Account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Do i Access My Old User Account?: This is more in-depth than my subject line implies. So i bought a new computer with Win10 x64 on it. Recently. Created a new computer name for it, but kept my Microsoft ID that my synced accounts have (online, the old one, and the new one). I was going to pull the data off...
  6. Windows User Account picture appearing in emails received by Outlook users

Windows User Account picture appearing in emails received by Outlook users: I was visiting someone and checking an e-mail I'd sent them and noticed to my alarm that my Windows User Account picture was appearing as a small image next to my name / e-mail address. I had assumed this image along with other images on my computer was entirely private which...
  7. Merged user accounts!

Merged user accounts!: Two of us use Windows 10. Recently our two accounts seem to have become linked in some way - eg our Word documents will appear on each others list of documents or our desk top pictures appear on the other one's desktop. How can we unmerge?? 132348
  8. Changing to a local user account.

Changing to a local user account.: Hey guys, I am thinking of changing to a local user account. My main questions is, when there is a windows update (1809 to 1903) would my personal settings be still there when i upgrade or will I have to redo my settings? Also, if I change to a local account, would that...
  9. Account lockout issue when user try to login windows system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account lockout issue when user try to login windows system: Hi we could see our end users are facing the issue with their account is getting locked while in the first attempt itself. kindly help us to resolve the issue ASAP....
  10. Another user uses this Microsoft Account

Another user uses this Microsoft Account: I was simply trying to switch to using a Microsoft Account on my Surface 3 and got the "another user uses this Microsoft account" error message. The thing that puzzles me is I do not have any other users on that device, period. What gives?...